The next move?

rangers71

Reaction score
Jerry's *** should be on his chopper this morning on the way to Norman with a blank check for Lincoln Riley. If not then just make himself coach and be done with it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Go to X coach Bill Cowher. Still a relatively young dude as far as coaches are concerned. I would be more than happy with that decision.

Carter

Reaction score
HC Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma)
OC Dana Holgorsen (West Virginia)
DC Don Brown (Michigan)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Changes will be made here, but what good are changes if they are not an upgrade? You also have to keep in mind that you have to look at what your options are, and who will actually want to come here.

Who would you bring in as HC/OC that would actually come here? Who could survive in this culture?

Here are a couple of options:

Tony Romo (HC)
Kingsbury (OC)

Both of these guys have fantastic offensive minds. Romo is aggressive as hell in his approach.

Neither have NFL coaching experience, but both are obtainable. If we are going to make a change, then go with an aggressive approach for a change.

I think both.could coexist with Jerry too.
tony Romo as HC is awful idea. coaching is different than being a QB. he needs to be a QB coach first and OC, before moving to being a HC....

I think the next move if we continue to struggle next game and the game after is to remove play calling duties from Linehan and for Garrett to take over....same results, then end of season new coaching staff..

they will then proceed to waste time on Dak because our brilliant GM think Dak can do it...we lost another two years before trying to find the next QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is out of left field but I'd install Will McClay as HC to evaluate the rest of the season and let Sanjay Lael take over the offense. Then hire all new coaches after the season. This will at least remove Garrett and Linnehan which will give us all some relief.. McClay was HC of the year in the AFL in 2006. So I think he can do it. This scenario IS more realistic than people clamoring for Tony Romo. That just isn't happening. LOL
what the heck...that was the most awful idea yet....he may be able to lead a talent evaluation team, but Xs and Os is not his thing, nor running a team....and if he was a coach and a good coach, why nobody else snatched him up....and what has Lael done to desrve the OC job? WRs aren't exactly playing that good.

csirl

Reaction score
Tony Romo is not "obtainable".

There's not a chance he would trade the dream job he now has to give up seeing his young family to be Jerry Jones next punching bag.

Tony Romo has won the Game of Life and no longer needs to deal with the Jones madness. The crazy talk needs to stop.

Also gets to play golf.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Troy as GM.
He can put a staff together. A great coach will not want to work for Jerry.
I like that idea. I was on the McClay train for a long time and still am, but I think he’s more of a player development type of guy. I think Troy would be a phenomenal GM and would put the right pieces in place.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
If I were Jerry, I would probably do something crazy since the year is shot. I'd call Michael Irvin and make him interim head coach, telling him that motivating this group was his #1 job (take names and kick ***). I'd call Art Briles and make him OC and let him bring in a QB coach. I'd make Richard the DC, but find a DL and LB coaches that know mean and nasty and speed and size. I actually like the idea of keeping Marc Columbo. I would have Columbo move Lael to the left side and move Conner Williams to RT. Not sure if Smith or Collins would be the LT and which the LG --but that would be my left side, and Martin, Williams on the right side. Then I would evaluate what is there and make changes after the year is over. How they do the next 8 games (almost a college season) would determine who I kept and who did what, and what direction to go in via player personnel decisions.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Changes will be made here, but what good are changes if they are not an upgrade? You also have to keep in mind that you have to look at what your options are, and who will actually want to come here.

Who would you bring in as HC/OC that would actually come here? Who could survive in this culture?

Here are a couple of options:

Tony Romo (HC)
Kingsbury (OC)

Both of these guys have fantastic offensive minds. Romo is aggressive as hell in his approach.

Neither have NFL coaching experience, but both are obtainable. If we are going to make a change, then go with an aggressive approach for a change.

I think both.could coexist with Jerry too.

When will Jerry and or Stephen stop dictating who coaches and schemes? Any coach brought in needs to have final say on who his coaches will be, roster moves, scheme changes etc. Experienced coaches that are good won't want to come here in this FO mess.

Sydla

Reaction score
The one and only move that needs to be made first and foremost is fire Garrett. Whether that happens tomorrow or next week or right after the season, whatever.

He needs to go. Anyone trying to convince themselves he doesn't need to be replaced and can be buoyed by new coordinators is a total fool.

I am looking at you Jerry, specifically, when I say that. Because I have a funny feeling your stupid butt is going to try to sell that this offseason.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
You need to be a grinder, a football lifer to truly succeed as an NFL head coach. Nothing about Tony Cabo strikes me as being that kind of guy. Loved watching him as a player, but he's not the guy who is going to be in the office at 3 a.m. scheming on how to beat Bill Belichick and Sean McVay.

blueblood70

Reaction score
in season like really next Scot L OC fired , after the season JG gone/..

Dak isn't going anywhere just yet, id like to see him with new HC/OC with new attitude and someone in his ear he hasn't tuned out..dak will get another year, JG better not!!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
in season like really next Scot L OC fired , after the season JG gone/..

Dak isn't going anywhere just yet, id like to see him with new HC/OC with new attitude and someone in his ear he hasn't tuned out..dak will get another year, JG better not!!
I'd like to see a new HC and OC choose the next QB.