The NFC is really starting to come into focus

smack500

Reaction score
How do you have dallas ahead of NY and Washington right now? NY has a better record outright. Washington and dallas are tied on both records, but washington has beaten dallas.

I say the nfc records for the second half of the season will look close to this.

NY: 5-3
Lose 3 out of these games:
philly or washington
dallas
seattle or kansas city

Wash
: 6-2
lose 2 out of these games:
Dallas or NY
San diego

Dallas
: 5-3
NY or Washington
Denver or Kansas City
Carolina

Philly: 5-3
Lose 3 out of the 4 division games they have left, and win all other games. Unless this team starts playing like they use to.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
Here is my current playoff analysis for the NFC... long analysis, but hell, I felt like doing it anyway.

Current Playoff Contenders:
Atlanta
Carolina
Chicago
Dallas
New York
Seattle
Washington

Could make a push for the playoffs:
St. Louis (their defense has to get it together first)
Minny (only because their division sucks and Chicago could slide)

Teams I see collapsing the next few weeks:
Detroit (lack of QB)
Philly (lost 3/4, TO situation, injuries, etc.)
Tampa Bay (defense not dominant enough to make up for the lack of offense)

Teams that can be ruled out:
Arizona
Green Bay
New Orleans
San Francisco

With that being said, Seattle and Chicago are in the driver seat to win their divisions IMO. No way does two teams from the NFC North make the playoffs, so if Chicago does go down, Minny will take that spot. St. Louis does not have the defense to be serious contenders to make the playoffs, at the moment. Both Atlanta and Carolina will make the playoffs (barring any major injuries).

That would leave 2 spots from the NFC East and in all likely-hood those two teams will be whoever finishes the strongest in division games.

Current Division Standings (Home left/Road left):
Dallas 2-1 (0/3)
Washington 2-1 (2/1)
New York 1-1 (2/2)
Philly 0-2 (3/1)

Its safe to say, the NFC East race will be very, very interesting.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
smack500 said:
How do you have dallas ahead of NY and Washington right now? NY has a better record outright. Washington and dallas are tied on both records, but washington has beaten dallas.

I say the nfc records for the second half of the season will look close to this.

philly or washington
dallas
seattle or kansas city

Wash
Dallas or NY
San diego

Dallas
NY or Washington
Denver or Kansas City
Carolina

Lose 3 out of the 4 division games they have left, and win all other games. Unless this team starts playing like they use to.

Pretty fair analysis. I think those records might be off a game or two, though.

I think New York finishes 4-4. They have some tough road games and next week against Minny isn't going to be a breeze. Minny might actually get their stuff together now.

I question the 6-2 finish by the skins because I think they'll drop either the @Philly game or the Oakland game. Don't discount those two games. The Commanders didn't exactly kill Philly in Washington. Also, don't overlook Oakland. They took KC to their limit today. I'd say 5-3 finish at best.

Dallas is too tough to call. They could finish 5-3, but they could also finish 3-5. So who knows. I'm hoping for 5-3.

Philly.... I'm at a complete loss as to what to expect. I really don't know what kind of team they'll finish as.

Hoov

Reaction score
carolina's schedule is about to get harder. they dont run the ball extremely well and it looks like delhomme to smith is 50% or more of their offense.

you can pass on their defense, i think they are going to drop 3-4 games in the second part of the season. And i think we can beat them even though they are at home.

Tampa Bay, they have a decent defense, but their offense wont do enough. their schedule is much harder the second half, i see them dropping 3-4 games as well.

Atlanta will win that division.

Seattle is going to have the best NFC record by the end of the season unless alexander misses time with injury, i think they have the easier schedule of the teams with winning records.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
smack500 said:

philly or washington
dallas
seattle or kansas city

Wash
Dallas or NY
San diego

Dallas
NY or Washington
Denver or Kansas City
Carolina

Commanders win over the Cowboys was a fluke. VERY FEW teams score 2 TDs in the final 5 minutes. ESPECIALLY after they have been totally shut out most of the game. Cowboys won't be making the same mistakes twice. Expect some revenge. Washington has no chance in hell to win the rematch.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Some one from the NFC Norris has to be there. How about this final standings for the playoffs:

1. Seattle (easiest division)
2. Carolina - division champ
3. Dallas - division champ
4. Chicago - division champ
5. Atlanta - wc
6. NY Giants - wc

Although the battle for the two wildcard spots could be wild. This year you could see a 10-6 team miss the playoffs.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:
Some one from the NFC Norris has to be there. How about this final standings for the playoffs:

1. Seattle (easiest division)
2. Carolina - division champ
3. Dallas - division champ
4. Chicago - division champ
5. Atlanta - wc
6. NY Giants - wc

Although the battle for the two wildcard spots could be wild. This year you could see a 10-6 team miss the playoffs.

ha carolina win the division, please, whe they can show they canb eat ATL, then they will have a chance to win the divsion, untill then that goes to ATL.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
I see it like this

Probable Division Winners
Falcons
Giants
Bears
Seahawks

Wildcard Contenders
Panthers
Cowboys, Eagles, Commanders

I am encouraged by the Eagles remaining schedule. I hate to say this, but I think if we lose Monday we won't make the playoffs. However, if we win Monday, and then the following week, I think we have a chance to win the division.

The East will be VERY close.

smack500

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Commanders win over the Cowboys was a fluke. VERY FEW teams score 2 TDs in the final 5 minutes. ESPECIALLY after they have been totally shut out most of the game. Cowboys won't be making the same mistakes twice. Expect some revenge. Washington has no chance in hell to win the rematch.

I might be a skins fan but I am not as delusional as most fans are about their teams. Actually I think dallas will win the second game against the skins, however you are extremely ignorant if you beleive your going to crush the skins easily at home. Its true dallas has improved quite a bit since the loss against the Commanders, but anyone with decent football knowledge has to see that the skins have improved aswell.

Some of you want to keep pointing out over and over how easily you could be 8-0, but you forget you could just as easily be 3 - 5 right now. You almost screwed up a sure thing against san fran for gods sake, and acording to most experts san diego beat themselvs when playing you.

Dallas, Washington, and NY are all good teams this year. Their also pretty close in terms of skill level. No one is gaurenteed anything or is going to easily win anything if you think that way your setting yourself up for some huge dissapointments.