The No. 1 Jamal Adams Trade Blockade For Cowboys? Jets Anger

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What this Mike Fisher failed to mention is that Jones has publicly said that he's is no longer interested in trading for Adams. Jones said that a few weeks ago when this Adam trade talk started by some insider who didn't really get the scoop from Jones. This part is just my opinion and that is if the Cowboys were just ONE player away from going all the way to the Super Bowl then maybe, repeat maybe, adding that player may work out. Now even the most harden fan will say that the Cowboys are not just ONE player away from the Super Bowl. For the life of me I just don't remember any Super Bowl winning team got there and won because of the play of a safety. A safety may have helped win some games here and there but has a safety ever been named the MVP of a Super Bowl? Adams is probably better than any safety the Cowboys have but he is not what's going to push the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and despite what Adams has claimed by not asking for an extension right away and giving the Cowboys a home team discount on his next contract to get the Cowboys to trade for him, once he is here he could decide that he wants to get paid huge bucks and knows that he would have the Cowboys over a barrel because of what they had to give up to get him. Again for a player that is not going to be that ONE player to push the Cowboys over the top.
Jackson was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fourth round (113th overall) of the 1999 NFL draft. He made his NFL debut versus the Denver Broncos.

Jackson was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXVII, recording two interceptions. His margin of victory for the award was the "fan vote" in which he gained four votes based on internet polling. Were it not for the fan votes, Simeon Rice would have won the award. He was the first safety to win the award since Jake Scott in 1973, the third defensive back overall (joining Scott and Larry Brown).

So yes, but rare,,, so your point is understood, but you asked, so the answer is yes, there has been SB MVP safeties,, basically irrelevant now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well if you're consistent in your argument, I can't have any issues.
Thank you once again for quality controlling speech around here. You do a marvelous job and I just want you to know you are appreciated. Keep up the great job. I understand its a thankless job but someone has to do it. I'm glad it's you. :yourock::clap::flagwave::thumbup::oldcouple::dance:

ghst187

Reaction score
Would love to have him but not giving up a first round or even second round pick or a starter to get a guy who we have to turn around and pay a top dollar salary to when it’s not a premier position. Amari made some sense, we had no WRs at that time, he changed our entire season overnight. Elliott even made some sense although I wouldn’t have given him what he got. Now owing Dak a huge payday....S is just not a premium position. If our D coaches can do better than the last regime clowns, which shouldn’t be hard to do, we should be fine. I’d like to see Wilson get some reps.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
trade dak, go with the red rocket, and get him to help the defense. :)

#don'tpaydak

Flamma

Reaction score
He's a great kid with a great attitude. He's outplayed his contract. 2 all pros, 2 pro bowls in 3 seasons. The NFLPA really messed up on not getting rid of the 5th year option. I mean for certain guys to play half their career being underpayed doesn't sound so enticing. Jets aren't strapped for cap space if they were smart they would sign him to a huge deal and front load some of that money while they have the space. Why draft a guy 6th overall have him ball out then not pay him. It's obvious he's better than the $13 million over the next 2 years. Down the road his deal will look like a steal. He's only 24 doesn't turn 25 until october this kid could ball out like crazy and every year you don't sign him the money goes up.

A 5th year option is especially bad for running backs. By the time you play out your contract, any extension you get won't be much. Using the starting point of 22 years old. But concerning Adams, I'm a bit puzzled as to why they don't sign him either. They could dump most of his signing bonus on the 4th year of his rookie deal.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Thank you once again for quality controlling speech around here. You do a marvelous job and I just want you to know you are appreciated. Keep up the great job. I understand its a thankless job but someone has to do it. I'm glad it's you. :yourock::clap::flagwave::thumbup::oldcouple::dance:
Yes, suppressing free thought and opinions is very important in this new order society.

Techsass

Reaction score
I'm not nearly as big on getting him as a lot of folks seem to be. At the same time I'm not so sure a safety is as worthless as a lot of others seem to think. There was a time when Oline was basically a 2nd or 3rd day pick for most of us fans.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well yeah. That is if they don't want to sign him to an extension. A lot can happen 3 years from now. Do they already have him tagged? He mentioned the Jets said they were going to extend him. Now would be the best time for the Jets to do that. Again, only if that is their intention.

No a player can't get tagged until the year their contract expires, that would be after the 5th year option is exercise and has ended..

Flamma

Reaction score
Would love to have him but not giving up a first round or even second round pick or a starter to get a guy who we have to turn around and pay a top dollar salary to when it’s not a premier position. Amari made some sense, we had no WRs at that time, he changed our entire season overnight. Elliott even made some sense although I wouldn’t have given him what he got. Now owing Dak a huge payday....S is just not a premium position. If our D coaches can do better than the last regime clowns, which shouldn’t be hard to do, we should be fine. I’d like to see Wilson get some reps.

A reasonable take. This is stuff a GM has to figure out. The cowboys don't have to make him a big cap hit in 2020. The Jets are on the hook for most of his pay. I think he would come in at just under a million. By the time his cap hit would be significant, players like Crawford and Cooper probably won't be on the team.

Flamma

Reaction score
No a player can't get tagged until the year their contract expires, that would be after the 5th year option is exercise and has ended..

I was being sarcastic with that comment.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He's a great kid with a great attitude. He's outplayed his contract. 2 all pros, 2 pro bowls in 3 seasons. The NFLPA really messed up on not getting rid of the 5th year option. I mean for certain guys to play half their career being underpayed doesn't sound so enticing. Jets aren't strapped for cap space if they were smart they would sign him to a huge deal and front load some of that money while they have the space. Why draft a guy 6th overall have him ball out then not pay him. It's obvious he's better than the $13 million over the next 2 years. Down the road his deal will look like a steal. He's only 24 doesn't turn 25 until october this kid could ball out like crazy and every year you don't sign him the money goes up.

Also, the Jets are horribly managed. They simply don't pay their players.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A 5th year option is especially bad for running backs. By the time you play out your contract, any extension you get won't be much. Using the starting point of 22 years old. But concerning Adams, I'm a bit puzzled as to why they don't sign him either. They could dump most of his signing bonus on the 4th year of his rookie deal.

Because it's the Jets

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He is also very smart. He knows his game and would really solidify our defense to the next level.

We don't have a safety that can cover TEs like Zach Ertz. Having here in Dallas will solve that problem.
Ha-Ha is not a bad cover safety, but we do have this guy named Darly Worley who could be that cover safety we've been looking for. Dallas seems content on giving our guys a chance first. As am I.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Because they are very poorly run. If theres any guy to sign early and lock him in its a player like him