The No. 1 Jamal Adams Trade Blockade For Cowboys? Jets Anger

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No contact means NO CONTACT. Saying something on social media that is public is no different than saying the same thing in a press conference. If a GM or owner says anything that is made public about wanting a player who is under contract with another team it's called tampering and is against NFL rules and will cost that team their 1st round pick in the next draft plus a fine. Believe it or not the NFL has already thought about that one.
Just saying that it doesn't have to come from first person, that's what the media has been used for ever in sports in general,, where you been?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Just saying that it doesn't have to come from first person, that's what the media has been used for ever in sports in general,, where you been?

I think the NFL rule on tampering applies to anyone with the organization making any contact with a player under contract with another team. Now if you mean someone outside of the organization putting something on social media at some point it will have to be known that it's what Jones wants and being made public and Jones approving it, Jones would still get nailed for tampering. What you're talking about is speculation being put out there which is just that and none of the 32 GM's pay any attention to speculation because it's just guessing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Jets beat Dallas last season in a battle of middling teams. Suddenly we're Jamal Adams away from winning the Super Bowl?

This is the kind of off season hype that leads to repeating some of Jerry's worst trades/signings of the past. I hope the Cowboys aren't buying it.

Fair point

aria

Reaction score
Well, here's where the fun part for us comes. Let's say we do make a move for Adams. We have a powerful offense. Our dline looks much better than last year. Especially if we can get Gregory back. Our Linebackers look great. And then we got Diggs as a nice replacement for Jones. I think trading for Adams makes sense because he would fill the safety void we have imo. We're going to be getting after the quarterback more this year. So, we need DBs who can either force the QB to hold the ball long enough to get sacked, or make an errant throw with the pressure he'll be under for an INT. I think just the knowledge that Adams is in at safety could impact the QB's mindset.
I wish I was as optimistic as you. Quinn wasn’t good against the run but he was our sack leader, we have potentially two unknowns (Gregory and Smith) that haven’t played the game in years that will try to replace his production. McCoy isn’t young and I’m not so sure he’s a massive improvement. Dlaw talked the talk but has yet to walk the walk. Sorry but Jaylon was totally over rated last year. We have no idea what LVE we will get, he wasn’t even playing good before his injury. I have no idea how you can say they’re great after last season and that’s IF LVE can stay healthy. We lost our best corner and one of our best defensive players in Jones and are trying to replace him with a rookie that has yet to take a snap in the NFL. Last time our DC was a DC he fielded one of the worst defenses in the league and got worse every year.

I hope you’re right but there’s way too many question marks for me on the defensive side of the ball. I am pretty optimistic about offense though with the addition of Lamb. I think the offense will be very, very, very hard to stop.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think the NFL rule on tampering applies to anyone with the organization making any contact with a player under contract with another team. Now if you mean someone outside of the organization putting something on social media at some point it will have to be known that it's what Jones wants and being made public and Jones approving it, Jones would still get nailed for tampering. What you're talking about is speculation being put out there which is just that and none of the 32 GM's pay any attention to speculation because it's just guessing.
Ok if you want to believe that,, but teams and players leak information all the time, just have to be able to read between the lines to get a message sent.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No contact means NO CONTACT. Saying something on social media that is public is no different than saying the same thing in a press conference. If a GM or owner says anything that is made public about wanting a player who is under contract with another team it's called tampering and is against NFL rules and will cost that team their 1st round pick in the next draft plus a fine. Believe it or not the NFL has already thought about that one.

Brilliant.

And yet you hang your hat on Jerry supposedly saying the team “is no longer interested” in Adams, as if you’re actually going to hear Jerry (or any other GM) publicly state an interest in another team’s player that’s under contract.

You can’t make this fuzzy logic up, luulz.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Ok if you want to believe that,, but teams and players leak information all the time, just have to be able to read between the lines to get a message sent.

Players do and have said they want to play for some team. But it is your imagination that teams violate tampering rules specially when goodell has punished team for doing it.

ESisback

Reaction score
Jets mad? Not surprising. The Have Nots and Dumpster Fires usually have a complex.

Flamma

Reaction score

I wonder if Charles Robinson knows that tactically, the Cowboys could trade for, and extend Adams whether or not Dak gets an extension. Adams still has to play out the last year of his rookie deal, extension or not.

Reactions: BAT