The No. 1 Jamal Adams Trade Blockade For Cowboys? Jets Anger

DFWJC

Reaction score
Those dominating Baltimore defenses of the 2000s wouldn't be near what they were without Ed Reed, and they probably don't win the SB with Dilfer as a QB without that dominating defense.
This
No probably to it.
Zero chance Dilfer ever wins a SB without a lights out defense.
All the offense needed to do was reach double digits and they were golden.
:laugh:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You’re making it up as you go.

The Cowboys had Terrell Owens, Jason Witten in his prime, and Patrick Crayton.

You’re trying to say the Cowboys panicked because their bottom roster receiving depth had minor soft tissue injuries, which is laughable.

What they needed was a reciever to play opposite of Owens. That’s what they thought they were getting in making the trade.

You should also review Jerry’s comments right before firing Wade Phillips.

The point being it’s completely naive and bunk to think any comments regarding a player under contract under on another team should be take as gospel.

What aren’t you comprehending?

Do you think Jerry is supposed to say “yeah, we’re hoping Jamal can raise enough of a fuss to where the Jets will trade him to us?”

Only someone reaching for something anything would even try to bring in a TE when talking about the WR's. With that logic the next thing you're going to say is if a starting WR went down they could just move Witten to the outside. You just think that because Jones said something and because things changed even if you don't think they changed enough that Jones decides they were and does what said he wouldn't do before those things happened. Gee I'm real sorry Jones didn't consult with you before doing it but then he doesn't know you even exist so I don't think he much cared about what you think anyways.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Only someone reaching for something anything would even try to bring in a TE when talking about the WR's. With that logic the next thing you're going to say is if a starting WR went down they could just move Witten to the outside. You just think that because Jones said something and because things changed even if you don't think they changed enough that Jones decides they were and does what said he wouldn't do before those things happened. Gee I'm real sorry Jones didn't consult with you before doing it but then he doesn't know you even exist so I don't think he much cared about what you think anyways.

You just think that because Jones said something and because things changed even if you don't think they changed enough that Jones decides they were and does what said he wouldn't do before those things happened.”

If that ain’t talking yourself in circles I don’t know what is.

I’m not the guy that thinks Sam Hurd getting hurt caused the Cowboys to go out and trade for Roy Williams.

You still haven’t comprehended the fact the Cowboys can’t talk about a player under contract.

Go pull the blanky over your eyes and pray the Cowboys don’t trade for Adams tenderheart, lol.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You just think that because Jones said something and because things changed even if you don't think they changed enough that Jones decides they were and does what said he wouldn't do before those things happened.”

If that ain’t talking yourself in circles I don’t know what is.

I’m not the guy that thinks Sam Hurd getting hurt caused the Cowboys to go out and trade for Roy Williams.

You still haven’t comprehended the fact the Cowboys can’t talk about a player under contract.

Go pull the blanky over your eyes and pray the Cowboys don’t trade for Adams tenderheart, lol.

Again you don't know what you're talking about. Before you started this garbage I had already told someone else that an owner can't have any contact with or talk about a player under contract with another team. I don't know for certain but you talk like someone that I've been watching football for decades before you were even born. I know that situations change and when they do that teams have to do things they weren't initially going to do.

Again you only try to say part of what i said. I didn't say just because just Hurd got injured it was because both Hurd and Austin got injured in the same game. Those two were Clayton and Owens backups and who went in to give the starters a breather during games who got injured and then the Cowboys didn't have either. Then what would they do if one of the starters got injured in the next game.

I'm done trying to discuss things with you because you seem to think trading for a player that strengthens ONE position but doesn't take care of all the other needs on defense and also weakens another position and looses the 1st round pick that they will make it that much harder to fill weaknesses on defense and the weakness in the WR corp that you cause by trading a starting WR away.

Don't bother to reply because I won't even acknowledge it or reply.to it..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think any potential trade for Adams would involve:

1st rounder

+

Gallup (Jets signed Perriman whom flashed last season in limited starts for the Bucs. They also drafted Denzel Mims this year, but the rest of the depth are dubious as key contributors. Gallup would provide them a high upside guy to immediately start).

+/or

Xavier Woods (Outside of Maye they have a bunch of JAGs; I’d imagine they’d want a guy with starting experience to step in and fill the void that trading Adams would create)

I'd hang up the phone if they mention Gallup's name.

The Cowboys just assembled one of the best WR trios in the league and I'm not about to give that up before I see it on the field.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes the ravens had a dominating defense made up of 11 players not just 1. NOBODY will argue that their defense won them a Super Bowl but just those that want to either blame the QB for losses or just credit the QB for wins, it's a team game.

Well, here's where the fun part for us comes. Let's say we do make a move for Adams. We have a powerful offense. Our dline looks much better than last year. Especially if we can get Gregory back. Our Linebackers look great. And then we got Diggs as a nice replacement for Jones. I think trading for Adams makes sense because he would fill the safety void we have imo. We're going to be getting after the quarterback more this year. So, we need DBs who can either force the QB to hold the ball long enough to get sacked, or make an errant throw with the pressure he'll be under for an INT. I think just the knowledge that Adams is in at safety could impact the QB's mindset.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I think I know where Poly is coming from here. Have you ever played poker? Sometimes, you have to bluff and/or have a pokerface to get what you want. For example, if you have a great hand, you want to make your opponents think your hand isn't that good so that more chips will be laid down for you to collect when you reveal your cards. So, you'll bluff or use a pokerface. I think that's what he's referring to with Jerry. And Jerry does bluff. It's part of negotiating.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well, here's where the fun part for us comes. Let's say we do make a move for Adams. We have a powerful offense. Our dline looks much better than last year. Especially if we can get Gregory back. Our Linebackers look great. And then we got Diggs as a nice replacement for Jones. I think trading for Adams makes sense because he would fill the safety void we have imo. We're going to be getting after the quarterback more this year. So, we need DBs who can either force the QB to hold the ball long enough to get sacked, or make an errant throw with the pressure he'll be under for an INT. I think just the knowledge that Adams is in at safety could impact the QB's mindset.
LOVE ADAMS, AT THE RIGHT PRICE AND FIT. He is a oldschool box safety..elite, but has issues that concern me in coverage. Sometimes is overly aggressive. Good player, but again..will he be usd correctly and what will he cost when he wants a deal? lol..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'd hang up the phone if they mention Gallup's name.

The Cowboys just assembled one of the best WR trios in the league and I'm not about to give that up before I see it on the field.

Agreed. Gallup should stay. I think a 1, 4, and 7 would be better. Especially since the relationship is souring between them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LOVE ADAMS, AT THE RIGHT PRICE AND FIT. He is a oldschool box safety..elite, but has issues that concern me in coverage. Sometimes is overly aggressive. Good player, but again..will he be usd correctly and what will he cost when he wants a deal? lol..

Good questions, but if we win the Super Bowl as a result, who cares?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Again you don't know what you're talking about. Before you started this garbage I had already told someone else that an owner can't have any contact with or talk about a player under contract with another team. I don't know for certain but you talk like someone that I've been watching football for decades before you were even born. I know that situations change and when they do that teams have to do things they weren't initially going to do.

Again you only try to say part of what i said. I didn't say just because just Hurd got injured it was because both Hurd and Austin got injured in the same game. Those two were Clayton and Owens backups and who went in to give the starters a breather during games who got injured and then the Cowboys didn't have either. Then what would they do if one of the starters got injured in the next game.

I'm done trying to discuss things with you because you seem to think trading for a player that strengthens ONE position but doesn't take care of all the other needs on defense and also weakens another position and looses the 1st round pick that they will make it that much harder to fill weaknesses on defense and the weakness in the WR corp that you cause by trading a starting WR away.

Don't bother to reply because I won't even acknowledge it or reply.to it..

Nah, nah, no you don’t...

YOU tried pivoting after getting your card pulled regarding “Jerry said we’re not interested in Adams,” after being shown what the team says one moment can change literally in a week by saying “well, uhhh, situations change.”

But yet you don’t have the brain power to think the Cowboys supposed lack of interest can change the second the Jets FO gives Adams the okay to seek a trade.

“Buh, Miles Austin and Sam Hurd both got muscle cramps at the same time!!!”

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Here's what some people think and forget. Both Smith and Gregory if or when he is reinstated haven't played in a while and these people seem to think that they are automatically going to play like they did when they last played. They are both older and age does have an affect on players. As much as I liked the way Lee has played when healthy, he's only been healthy for an entire season once in 10 seasons. Also as much as I hope the defense plays really good this season there are going to be some big needs next season and by trading for Adams it will take the Cowboys 1st pick in next years draft making it harder to fill any of those needs plus also the trade will create another need at WR by encluding the starting #2 receiver in this trade. I've said this several times that if Adams was that one player that was going to push the Cowboys over the top even though the starting #2 receiver is gone, then maybe it might be something to do. But we all know that he isn't that guy. A safety won a Super Bowl MVP, one out of 54 Super Bowls, not what anyone would call the normal deciding position. I don't know of a safety that is credited with being the one player responsible for winning enough games during a season to get that team to a Super Bowl. Yes Adams would be an improvement over the current strong safety Woods, but the secondary has other problems that Adams isn't going to solve. The Cowboys signed a journeyman free safety, Clinton-Dix that is on his 4th team in 3 seasons. The Cowboys picked up a couple of corners in the draft but haven't played a single snap in the NFL and this season hasn't even had the advantage of the normal mini camp and OTA's. Like I said if strong safety was the only need and was that guy and that is that one player that pushes the team over the hump I would think differently.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Good questions, but if we win the Super Bowl as a result, who cares?

The Jets beat Dallas last season in a battle of middling teams. Suddenly we're Jamal Adams away from winning the Super Bowl?

This is the kind of off season hype that leads to repeating some of Jerry's worst trades/signings of the past. I hope the Cowboys aren't buying it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If I was Adams I would go straight to Jerry and say I'm signing with the Eagles. If I'm Jerry I would say, welcome to the Cowboys.
Now that was the best line Ive heard all day.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Jets beat Dallas last season in a battle of middling teams. Suddenly we're Jamal Adams away from winning the Super Bowl?

This is the kind of off season hype that leads to repeating some of Jerry's worst trades/signings of the past. I hope the Cowboys aren't buying it.
Your just a thumbnail shy of a glass half full.:D

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think I know where Poly is coming from here. Have you ever played poker? Sometimes, you have to bluff and/or have a pokerface to get what you want. For example, if you have a great hand, you want to make your opponents think your hand isn't that good so that more chips will be laid down for you to collect when you reveal your cards. So, you'll bluff or use a pokerface. I think that's what he's referring to with Jerry. And Jerry does bluff. It's part of negotiating.

Except that no GM can talk to or about another player under contract with another team. Now what make this unlike playing poker is if Jones really doesn't mean that he has no interest in trading for Adams and really wants to, all he has to do is pick up the phone and talk to the Jets GM and try to negotiate a trade. But thus far there has been no reports that since he said he wasn't interested in that trade, have there been any calls to the jets GM been made.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Except that no GM can talk to or about another player under contract with another team. Now what make this unlike playing poker is if Jones really doesn't mean that he has no interest in trading for Adams and really wants to, all he has to do is pick up the phone and talk to the Jets GM and try to negotiate a trade. But thus far there has been no reports that since he said he wasn't interested in that trade, have there been any calls to the jets GM been made.
You can talk in code without breaking any rules just with social media in general.
No cell to cell communication and get the message across..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You can talk in code without breaking any rules just with social media in general.
No cell to cell communication and get the message across..

No contact means NO CONTACT. Saying something on social media that is public is no different than saying the same thing in a press conference. If a GM or owner says anything that is made public about wanting a player who is under contract with another team it's called tampering and is against NFL rules and will cost that team their 1st round pick in the next draft plus a fine. Believe it or not the NFL has already thought about that one.