The Nor's nemisis...the 4-2-5 defense.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dwmyers said:
Depends on where you're playing Roy in that set. if he's within 5 yards of the LOS I'd day it's at least as good as some team's regular 4-3.

David.

That's a very valid point. IMO Roy is a better "LB" than 3/4 of our linebackers.

Sure, many teams utilizing a 4-2 would be easier to run on than a 4-3... but they don't have a Roy Willams either. ;)

Bobo

Reaction score
Well anytime 3 wr's are out there, they will probably go to nickle....so are we talking about the nickle as a base set or what? :confused: Seeing a 3-4 base set team go to a 4-2-5 when 3 wr's are on the field isn't unusual.

blindzebra

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Weve been using this formation for say about the past 40 years and we know what it brings to the table.

i will say that this formation is Zimmer's bread and butter, but dont count on him getting any credit for its success.

Realistically I like the idea of the 3-3-5 with the same personell just having Ware pickl his hand up and giving him better angles.

Imagine Ware and Roy blitzing at the same time out of that scheme.

I want to see how Newman blitzes from the slot.

FYI, Ware played OLB in our short yardage 4-3 last night.:D

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I was thinking of this thread last night....you know....when we ran this formation. A lot.

silver

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
:lmao:

Now that's MY idea of a Super Bowl party.

:beer2:

:thumbup:

:iggles:

someone must have peed in it. she seems to be smelling it.