The notion we are admitting defeat and tanking 2024 is interesting

Sydla

Reaction score
Not because it might be smart but because it would be idiotic and stupid yet so on point for this franchise.

What's the point in throwing away a season by not trying to get better BUT letting Dak play out his last year and bringing McCarthy back for his last year? If that's the plan, 2024 shouldn't be a throw away year, it should have some value to the rebuild. You should just dump Dak. You should not have brought McCarthy back. Lance should be playing to see if there is even a remote chance he can be salvaged. You should have a new coaching staff in here to work with him and the young players.

If the Cowboys inaction in FA is basically them saying, look, we need a new direction so we are just going to save our powder for 2025 and play out 2024, fine. A rebuild strategy is something I can get behind. But if the method of the rebuild is to just let Dak play out his deal and you brought McCarthy back for ***** and giggles, the plan behind the strategy is downright stupid.

HanD

Reaction score
it could be that or just like most years, dallas sits out the beginning of FA anyway. i'm not sure which it is but i agree that if you are blowing it up, take your medicine sooner rather than later.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not because it might be smart but because it would be idiotic and stupid yet so on point for this franchise.

What's the point in throwing away a season by not trying to get better BUT letting Dak play out his last year and bringing McCarthy back for his last year? If that's the plan, 2024 shouldn't be a throw away year, it should have some value to the rebuild. You should just dump Dak. You should not have brought McCarthy back. Lance should be playing to see if there is even a remote chance he can be salvaged. You should have a new coaching staff in here to work with him and the young players.

If the Cowboys inaction in FA is basically them saying, look, we need a new direction so we are just going to save our powder for 2025 and play out 2024, fine. A rebuild strategy is something I can get behind. But if the method of the rebuild is to just let Dak play out his deal and you brought McCarthy back for ***** and giggles, the plan behind the strategy is downright stupid.
Status quo.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Yeah. The only way it makes any sense at all is if they think they need them around to get deals with Lamb and Parsons done before changing directions. Either that or they are bitter for some reason and want to make Dak and McCarthy suffer through a humiliating season. That doesn't seem likely. I mean I would do that. But I'm an *** so...

reddyuta

Reaction score
If we are going to tank then we should do it right b letting Dak seek a trade and trade him not matter the compensation.

Mannix

Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Early candidate for best point of the day

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
it could be that or just like most years, dallas sits out the beginning of FA anyway. i'm not sure which it is but i agree that if you are blowing it up, take your medicine sooner rather than later.
Even when they sit out the beginning of free agency they usually get contracts and restructure done to have money already.

So far they just did the minimum to get under the cap.

I have a feeling Dak will be traded and a mini rebuild takes place

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If we are going to tank then we should do it right b letting Dak seek a trade and trade him not matter the compensation.
Total shot in the dark here and absolutely zero evidence other than things just are not adding up, but could Jerry be trying to trade Dak but Dak refuses to accept one? Could the total lack of activity in free agency be Jerry's leverage?

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
This looks like previous years. But it feels different than previous years.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Total shot in the dark here and absolutely zero evidence other than things just are not adding up, but could Jerry be trying to trade Dak but Dak refuses to accept one? Could the total lack of activity in free agency be Jerry's leverage?
I dont know,somebody would have leaked that info that we were trying to trade Dak.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
If we want to rebuild, then do it. Trade Dak. He'll agree to it if he chooses his team and they pay him.

We are wasting valuable resources for a rebuild by holding out hope that we will suddenly magically get better without actually ever doing anything.

the idea of just quitting on the year is so cynical and shifty to fans that it is probably exactly what they're doing

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I dont know,somebody would have leaked that info that we were trying to trade Dak.
Not much to leak if it's just between the Cowboys front office and Daks agent. Not like they would be calling up other teams prematurely for a story to leak.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I think MM was brought back with the idea in mind that he would focus on working with Lance, if that went well, he'd get an extension.

Aven8

Reaction score
I don’t get the get rid of McCarthy deal? I would rather him work with the new QB than most out there.

tm1119

Reaction score
They are not “throwing the season away.” Jerry will never do that. 1- who knows how many years he has left, he’s not interested in a multi year rebuild. 2- a rebuild isn’t good for the brand, the team will remain relevant enough to be in the media and make him $

Over the past decade +
Regardless of the QB and his contract
Regardless of the coach and his contract
Regardless if the team is a SB contender or not
Regardless if they have a lot or a little cap space
THE COWBOYS DO NOT SIGN FREE AGENTS

Mind boggling to me that this off season is going exactly like every other 1 and people need to put on their tin foil hats and create these grand conspiracies

Sydla

Reaction score
It is the right move long term
Throwing away a season is not a good move.

If they want to rebuild, then rebuild. Don’t half *** it and throw away an entire season because you are incapable of doing completely what needed to be done.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don’t get the get rid of McCarthy deal? I would rather him work with the new QB than most out there.
That's the one piece that would make sense, MM has a great history working with QBs. With that said though wouldn't you want the next QB to be working within the next system he would actually be playing in though? It's why I'm not of the opinion you have to fire MM, but why not just commit and give the guy an extension? I'd rather go through the offseason, the draft, and this season with these players having an actual direction the team is building towards than the unknown. Thats the part I dont understand at all.

Majic

Reaction score

There is no rebuild and there is no plan

Big_D

Reaction score
If anything extend the coaching staff since McCarthys been working with Lance and move on from Dak June 1. Begin the process. The current situation just looks like they have no plan at all which is par for the course!