The O.J. Simpson Trial

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought about watching it until I saw Dr. Phil yesterday. The real people from the trial were on there. Listening to them tell about the series and the falsehoods that were included it was clear this is a story right out of Hollywood and not a true representation of the actual facts. Maybe there will be another Storage Wars replay on for me to watch.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Thought about watching it until I saw Dr. Phil yesterday. The real people from the trial were on there. Listening to them tell about the series and the falsehoods that were included it was clear this is a story right out of Hollywood and not a true representation of the actual facts. Maybe there will be another Storage Wars replay on for me to watch.

Yuuuup

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Obviously I feel sorry for the families of the slain victims, but I kinda feel sorry for the jurors. I can't imagine the guilt most of them felt when they were removed from the situation enough to realize they allowed someone to get away with murder. I guess the fact that he did not kill again and is now in jail is some consolation, but man, I'd feel horrible.

I would bet bet the house those jurors have not given the verdict a second thought and if in their quiet moment believe he did get away with murder then they were justified for letting him go. Those jurors would not have convicted him if they had seen a clear video of OJ doing the crime with OJ doing the play by play of how he did it. A guilty verdict was not going to given by that jury. But again, I blame Judge Ito more than I blame them. He allowed that circus in the court room.

BigDGarciaFan

Reaction score
i saw the first episode of the FX mini series. i have to admit, John Travolta as Robert Sharpio is absolutely cool

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Travolta is cool and it seems like they got Marcia Clark right. I don't see Cuba as a good fit for O.J.

Ross Geller as Kardashian? :lmao:

I would have loved to see Jackie Chiles play Cochran........It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DVR'd the episode as it started late.

I'm hearing it was pretty good.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Travolta is cool and it seems like they got Marcia Clark right. I don't see Cuba as a good fit for O.J.

Ross Geller as Kardashian? :lmao:

I would have loved to see Jackie Chiles play Cochran........It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

Yeah, Cuba is a little shrimp. He is decent in the role. I really liked the first episode.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I thought they did a good job building the drama that led to the infamous Bronco chase. Can't wait for the next episode. They are painting OJ as a guy hyper obsessed with his image.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

The entire trial was a huge joke. There was almost nothing resembling a fact in the real life trial.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
i saw the first episode of the FX mini series. i have to admit, John Travolta as Robert Sharpio is absolutely cool

Man, John Travolta already looks a little strange to me as he gets older and they put those Robert Shapiro eyebrows on him and he looks even stranger.

Having said that, he absolutely nailed it. He sounds and acts just like I remember Robert Shapiro. Hell, there were a couple of times where they showed him from the side and the profile is even spot on. Very cool.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watched it last night.

I'm hooked. All the interest I had in the trial back then was brought back. Not to be morbid, but they even had Nicole and Ron's bodies placed perfectly.

What I would like to know is who was interviewed to get the behind-closed-doors interactions with OJ.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Can you expand? I didn't see Dr. Phil because I'm male;)

No. Really. Can you tell me some of the falsehoods portrayed?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
One of those cases where the evidence, especially DNA evidence, pointed to one man but folks were looking for a reason to acquit and they got it from the glove debacle and Mark Fuhrman who may have been the biggest goat of them all. That case and trial split the country right down racial lines and that's all I'm going to say about that for not going too far down that path although it's hard to talk about the OJ trial and keep race completely out of it.

as the saying goes, the LAPD tried to frame a guilty man

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
As an aside, I read that some doctor believes OJ might have CTE which resulted in him going from Mr. Hertz to Michael Myers.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
as the saying goes, the LAPD tried to frame a guilty man

I actually don't think they tried to frame him, but their reputation worked against them. Not to mention there was a certain level of incompetence on their part. The Goldman's and Browns attorney did a much better job of uncovering facts, for example, there was a foot print of a Bruno Magli shoe with blood. OJ denied owning a pair and even went as far as saying he would never own those ugly *** shoes, yet the attorneys found pictures of him doing promotions for the NFL and the Buffalo Bills with those shoes on.

Now I know OJ had no choice but to give a deposition for the civil trial, and he detectives working the case likely didn't get much cooperation from OJ, but at some point he was questioned.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
As an aside, I read that some doctor believes OJ might have CTE which resulted in him going from Mr. Hertz to Michael Myers.

either way, it doesn't absolve him. he still chose to not seek help to deal with the issues he was having and still chose to murder two people (or if you want to be technical, chose to commit armed robbery).

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you expand? I didn't see Dr. Phil because I'm male;)

No. Really. Can you tell me some of the falsehoods portrayed?

I forgot the specifics just that fast. Several examples were given and everyone involved had them. Episode 71 of this season aired on Feb. 1st if you want to try and find some clips or maybe the entire show. It's well worth the watch.

http://drphil.com/shows/show/2518

Last edited:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I'm also reminded me of how he had a history of being pretty damn violent and jealous for years with Nicole and nothing ever really came of it as far as charges go. So, there were warning signs all over the place that he was a violent man. The LAPD looked bad from top to bottom during this whole ordeal.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I actually don't think they tried to frame him, but their reputation worked against them. Not to mention there was a certain level of incompetence on their part. The Goldman's and Browns attorney did a much better job of uncovering facts, for example, there was a foot print of a Bruno Magli shoe with blood. OJ denied owning a pair and even went as far as saying he would never own those ugly *** shoes, yet the attorneys found pictures of him doing promotions for the NFL and the Buffalo Bills with those shoes on.

Now I know OJ had no choice but to give a deposition for the civil trial, and he detectives working the case likely didn't get much cooperation from OJ, but at some point he was questioned.

Their burden of proof is much lower in a civil case.