The O.J. Simpson Trial

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lucky for OJ the Keystone cops botched the investigation.

Even with the mistakes made the evidence against him was overwhelming but his hero sports star status along with having a high profile dream team of attorneys got him off.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Even with the mistakes made the evidence against him was overwhelming but his hero sports star status along with having a high profile dream team of attorneys got him off.

You think OJ's hero sports star status stayed intact? He lost that and will never get it back. His "dream team" took advantage of the botched investigation. Without the botched investigation, the "dream team" does not "get him off".

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You think OJ's hero sports star status stayed intact? He lost that and will never get it back. His "dream team" took advantage of the botched investigation. Without the botched investigation, the "dream team" does not "get him off".

It was intact when he was on trial the case against him had yet to be proven. He's looked at as scum now. His celebrity and dream team influenced the jury. One of the jurors after the trial referred to him as the Juice. He had FANS on the jury.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It was intact when he was on trial the case against him had yet to be proven. He's looked at as scum now. His celebrity and dream team influenced the jury. One of the jurors after the trial referred to him as the Juice. He had FANS on the jury.

Yeah, his life has been great since his exoneration of the charges. :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, his life has been great since his exoneration of the charges. :rolleyes:

You just love starting arguments with me don't you? I wasn't talking about what his life has been like since his murder trial but you seem to forget how popular and well liked he was before those murders. He had a great reputation he was in movies, commercials and was a broadcaster. OJ was everywhere and people loved him so the murder charges came as a shock to everyone.

Once all the evidence against him came out the publics perception of him changed dramatically. When people hear the name OJ Simpson they think murderer. If you click on YouTube and type in OJ Simpson highlights most of them consist of his murder trial. He's become the lowest form of life there is.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You just love starting arguments with me don't you? I wasn't talking about what his life has been like since his murder trial but you seem to forget how popular and well liked he was before those murders. He had a great reputation he was in movies, commercials and was a broadcaster. OJ was everywhere and people loved him so the murder charges came as a shock to everyone.

Once all the evidence against him came out the publics perception of him changed dramatically. When people hear the name OJ Simpson they think murderer. If you click on YouTube and type in OJ Simpson highlights most of them consist of his murder trial. He's become the lowest form of life there is.

Your previous position seemed to be his "hero sports star status" somehow afforded him a free pass from the charges and he just walked away scott free. Now you are acknowledging that he did pay a dear price and lost his hero star status. I'm glad you changed your tune.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Your previous position seemed to be his "hero sports star status" somehow afforded him a free pass from the charges and he just walked away scott free. Now you are acknowledging that he did pay a dear price and lost his hero star status. I'm glad you changed your tune.

My position never changed you just have an agenda to waste my time while keeping yourself entertained. I said he got off due to his high profile celebrity status and his dream team of lawyers and most who have a clue will tell you the same thing. Everyone knows OJ paid a price after he got off his reputation was completely ruined and everyone looks at him as a murderer. Show me where I said differently? How the jury saw him and the public saw him are two different things.

The jury was in prison for months sequestered in a hotel wanting to get back to their families. Some were having emotional problems from having to endure the length of the trial where they couldn't read newspapers or watch TV. It was a living hell for the jurors who just wanted to get the damn thing over with and go home.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My position never changed you just have an agenda to waste my time while keeping yourself entertained. I said he got off due to his high profile celebrity status and his dream team of lawyers and most who have a clue will tell you the same thing. Everyone knows OJ paid a price after he got off his reputation was completely ruined and everyone looks at him as a murderer. Show me where I said differently? How the jury saw him and the public saw him are two different things.

The jury was in prison for months sequestered in a hotel wanting to get back to their families. Some were having emotional problems from having to endure the length of the trial where they couldn't read newspapers or watch TV. It was a living hell for the jurors who just wanted to get the damn thing over with and go home.

You need to go back and read your own words. Contradicting yourself seems to be your thing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You need to go back and read your own words. Contradicting yourself seems to be your thing.

There was no contradiction you either have an agenda or comprehension issues. Go start your **** with someone else I don't have time for it.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
What I remembered which got me laughing @ that time was my dad telling me that Rosa Lopez arrived at his employment (EDD office) looking for a job. He witnessed her speaking perfect english and when he ask if she was the same person from the trial she did a quick "no no no that's not me" statement.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The reason OJ is in Jail now is payback for the murders. People have gotten off right and left with far less than what he was found guilty of this last time. Hopefully he dies in prison but still his sentence was way more than he would have gotten if the other had never happened.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The reason OJ is in Jail now is payback for the murders. People have gotten off right and left with far less than what he was found guilty of this last time. Hopefully he dies in prison but still his sentence was way more than he would have gotten if the other had never happened.

Not really. From what I gathered, he was convicted for armed robbery, kidnapping, and assault. Those are big boy felonies, just a notch below murder and rape.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There was no contradiction you either have an agenda or comprehension issues. Go start your **** with someone else I don't have time for it.

LOL, You sound like a tin foil hat nutcase when you keep saying I have an agenda. If conspiracy theory is your thing then I won't knock it. You have a right to believe what you want but I draw the line when you try to pass it on to the rest of us as fact and protest if we won't capitulate to your hive mind thinking. OJ is a bad man. His celebrity did not shield him from justice being done in the long run.