The o line is holding the offense back

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would kindly disagree.

McCarthy won't let them practice run blocking per Nate.

McCarthy is responsible for the questionable play calling at times.

McCarthy's offense won't run men in motion or use play action.

Jerry wouldn't bring in a bonified RB1 to replace Pollard.

There are 2 rookie starters so of course there will be occasional hiccups.

But suggesting that the OL is holding the offense back is something I'm just not buying.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's why we won't go deep often. That's why the running game is aful. D Henry would suck with this line.
I would kindly disagree.

But suggesting that the OL is holding the offense back is something I'm just not buying.
Both of these answers can be true at the same time. ^^^^

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just need Zeke to eat.
I agree. Zeke needs to be fed more against a tough Steelers defense. Zeke can get a better push and gain better tough yards between the Tackles than Rico can. Would be nice to see some inside traps and quick counters with a lead FB blocking set up for Zeke. It would definitely help us get some tough yards while wear down the Steelers front 7, thus help set up the pass much better. Let's hope McCarthy, Schottenheimer and Solari figure this out.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Jeff Blasko = Running Game Coordinator
Mike Solari = Offensive Line Coach
Brian Schottenheimer = does something

"Ko", "Lari", and Heimy

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If Rico gets cut he’d be out of the league. Maybe Zeke too. And I like Zeke. It’s just that he’s washed up.

Jerry gets credit for all the pro bowlers we’ve drafted over the years. Fine. But what he really struggles the most with (maybe) is completing a team. Filling holes of need and building on areas of strength.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would kindly disagree.

Post of your career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, somebody had the bright idea to roll with 2 rookie starters and an underachieving rt tackle to start the season, and then made the call to not let them play preseason or practice together much.
When I said they should be getting time in the pre season everyone bashed me, I said a series or so for the entire offense to be together, nope!!

Jarntt

Reaction score
This sure reads like a poorly veiled deflecting thread.
The OL hasn't been great but they haven't been horrible either. Guyton has a lot to clean up and has had a poor start which is what we were told before during and after the draft was going to happen with him in his first year, but the others are doing ok. Steele hasn't been as bad as many here are portraying, Beebe has been pretty good and the two OGs may not be playing their best but are playing well. A huge part of why our running game stinks is because our running backs stink. The running game would be much much better with Henry. The OL has very little to do with us not throwing deep.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
got to admit I thought our run game would be better especially with our new Center.
I'm not saying Biadasz is gonna ever be an all pro player, but the knocks on the guy were overdone. He's gone and on a team with a top 10 rushing attack, meanwhile its the same story in Dallas. He may not have been part of any solutions, but the guy was far from the problem.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm not saying Biadasz is gonna ever be an all pro player, but the knocks on the guy were overdone. He's gone and on a team with a top 10 rushing attack, meanwhile it’s the same story in Dallas. He may not have been part of any solutions, but the guy was far from the problem.
DQ made sure Washington paid Biadasz.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I'm not saying Biadasz is gonna ever be an all pro player, but the knocks on the guy were overdone. He's gone and on a team with a top 10 rushing attack, meanwhile its the same story in Dallas. He may not have been part of any solutions, but the guy was far from the problem.
I mean if he isn't the part of any solutions, then you don't pay him $10m per year.