The o line is holding the offense back

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I mean if he isn't the part of any solutions, then you don't pay him $10m per year.
No argument there, its a position that can be replaced, and why hes among the top paid Centers in the league and only making $10M. I'd rather have the upside and rookie deal of Beebe for sure, but Biadasz essentially became the scapegoat among fans this offseason for this teams problems in the run game, and it simply isnt true.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I'm not saying Biadasz is gonna ever be an all pro player, but the knocks on the guy were overdone. He's gone and on a team with a top 10 rushing attack, meanwhile its the same story in Dallas. He may not have been part of any solutions, but the guy was far from the problem.
i dont know whats wrong,maybe we are tipping our run plays or something because most dont have any chance AT ALL.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I would kindly disagree.

McCarthy won't let them practice run blocking per Nate.

McCarthy is responsible for the questionable play calling at times.

McCarthy's offense won't run men in motion or use play action.

Jerry wouldn't bring in a bonified RB1 to replace Pollard.

There are 2 rookie starters so of course there will be occasional hiccups.

But suggesting that the OL is holding the offense back is something I'm just not buying.
Wait is that true? We don't practice run blocking? If so that sums up why we suck so much when trying to run the ball.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
That's why we won't go deep often. That's why the running game is aful. D Henry would suck with this line.
Henry would not suck here but obviously with Baltimore's run blocking and the threat of Lamar running, Henry ended up in a better spot.

As for the OL overall. We just have to deal with it this year and hope Beebe and Guyton pay off in future years. Not much you can really do other than let them swim and not drown.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Solari has been the problem since the day he arrived.
its strange. they seem to be coached up ok individually, maybe that was all Duke Manyweather.

as a group, however, maybe its the scheme, but coordinated efforts aren't effective. the RB room lacks some juice, but I still put most of the blame on the coordination of the OL together. But what do I know, I don't even subscribe to the all-22.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
its strange. they seem to be coached up ok individually, maybe that was all Duke Manyweather.

as a group, however, maybe its the scheme, but coordinated efforts aren't effective. the RB room lacks some juice, but I still put most of the blame on the coordination of the OL together. But what do I know, I don't even subscribe to the all-22.
I hear you but it's not his offensive plays, he's having them block based off of someone's play book. Get a different play caller, there's different plays and different line concepts to block those plays

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Zeke needs to be fed more against a tough Steelers defense. Zeke can get a better push and gain better tough yards between the Tackles than Rico can. Would be nice to see some inside traps and quick counters with a lead FB blocking set up for Zeke. It would definitely help us get some tough yards while wear down the Steelers front 7, thus help set up the pass much better. Let's hope McCarthy, Schottenheimer and Solari figure this out.
Everyone...zeke ha-....er zeke critics too...needs to understand he's not gonna pop off 20+ yards right away. It's gonna be tough going at first...it almost always is. Buthave to stick with it until we punish them enough.

I'm actually hoping no zeke was part of the plane to preserve zeke for later in the season, rather than not using him because, as some tell us here..."he's washed".

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The running game will get better. A lot of the run game is timing between the OL and the backs. You can't duplicate that in practise so the only real time to get better are the games. Our RBs aren't great either so that is also an issue. I would say the other big issue is consistency out of the guard positions. Seems like on first down, they get 6 yards and run again on 2nd down to get to 3rd and short but end up losing 2-3 yards making it 3rd and long. As far as not going deep, I think that has more to do with the RBs than the OL. For a deep shot, you will likely need to trust your RB to help out and double one of th edges or pick up a blitz, the only RB we have that is any good at blocking is Zeke, Dowdle is ok but not someone I would trust and duece is a joke in blocking.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The running game will get better. A lot of the run game is timing between the OL and the backs. You can't duplicate that in practise so the only real time to get better are the games. Our RBs aren't great either so that is also an issue. I would say the other big issue is consistency out of the guard positions. Seems like on first down, they get 6 yards and run again on 2nd down to get to 3rd and short but end up losing 2-3 yards making it 3rd and long. As far as not going deep, I think that has more to do with the RBs than the OL. For a deep shot, you will likely need to trust your RB to help out and double one of th edges or pick up a blitz, the only RB we have that is any good at blocking is Zeke, Dowdle is ok but not someone I would trust and duece is a joke in blocking.
This!!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Most of us predicted that the line would have some growing pains early and that we would need to buckle up for a rough ride in pass pro over the first 5-6 games. That has turned out to be true. The thing that surprises me most is how bad the run blocking has been. Though I have to admit it looked a little better against the G-men. Still with the behemoths we got playing up front I would expect us to be moving people off the ball a little better than we have been. But then maybe they found their stride last Thursday night?

starfan1

Reaction score
Most of us predicted that the line would have some growing pains early and that we would need to buckle up for a rough ride in pass pro over the first 5-6 games. That has turned out to be true. The thing that surprises me most is how bad the run blocking has been. Though I have to admit it looked a little better against the G-men. Still with the behemoths we got playing up front I would expect us to be moving people off the ball a little better than we have been. But then maybe they found their stride last Thursday night?
its kind of hard to stick with the run when you getting blasted. So Ill forgive them for games 2 and 3. cleveland was the first game so ill just take the wait and see approach here

RonWashington

Reaction score
Some people here think “ preserving “ Zeke for later in the season which is just as ludicrous as bringing him back .

Who brainwashed the Jones clan that paying your QB Top dollar but going cheap on the running game was smart .

Elliott is back because he came cheap .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people here think “ preserving “ Zeke for later in the season which is just as ludicrous as bringing him back .

Who brainwashed the Jones clan that paying your QB Top dollar but going cheap on the running game was smart .

Elliott is back because he came cheap .
Man you are full blown hater!

Why not just quote me and be up front? Yes...it is a FACT many think/had thought zeke gets used up early in the season and runs out of gas late in the season.

You think it's "LUDICROUS" to reserve zeke. You call him old aged and washed...but keeping him fresh for later in the season is ludicrous?

Hate clouds the mind.

RonWashington

Reaction score
These people on this forum who think posters who disagree with bringing back players who have little or nothing left are “ haters “ . How emotionally unstable can keyboard warriors be when they think fans “ hate “ players . It’s really bizarre .

:huh::espn::rolleyes: