The o line is holding the offense back

stinkface

Reaction score
We don't have the power back required to run it up between the tackles. We lack the speed and blocking from the Tight Ends and Wide Outs to hit the outside. Pretty simple actually. We have not had a good blocking WO since Noah Broen was let go. We have no Wide Out who wants to be physical in the run game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
OL Coach and Run scheme was bad last season, so they brought them all back this season to be turrible. Fun times.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Anyone who thought early in the year that you could replace Tyron Smith and Biadasz, with 2 rookies and magically our run O was going to be better was smoking something. Maybe later in the year or next year possible, but not early when you have a guy trying to learn LT and another learning to be a C. Add to that a declining Z. Martin it was not possible early.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Tyron 77 been holding jumping off side in New Yawk . Beebe is an upgrade at C . It was time the Cowboys needed to get younger & aggressive at OL . In the long run it was sound .

CWR

Reaction score
I would kindly disagree.

McCarthy won't let them practice run blocking per Nate.

McCarthy is responsible for the questionable play calling at times.

McCarthy's offense won't run men in motion or use play action.

Jerry wouldn't bring in a bonified RB1 to replace Pollard.

There are 2 rookie starters so of course there will be occasional hiccups.

But suggesting that the OL is holding the offense back is something I'm just not buying.
I agree with a lot of this and believe this young line can gain experience and gel.

HOWEVER,

Has Solari and his blocking scheme helped this run game at all? I'm not educated to whether or not his coaching is a hindrance, but we have sucked at running the ball and we have had talent. I have to question how big a part of the problem he may be.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
When I said they should be getting time in the pre season everyone bashed me, I said a series or so for the entire offense to be together, nope!!
Lol Everyone? You're being too dramatic, brother. 1 or 2 is probably more like it.

Just giving you my thoughts. :)

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
And the run blocking has been horrendous for a few years now......actually it's gotten worse since T fred retired....