***The Official CZ Mock Draft Thread***

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
***2006 Cowboyszone.com Mock Draft***
Saturday, April 15th (11 AM EST/8 AM PST)​

Hey guys! Well, it's the time of year again where the draftniks debate on who goes when and where. All the while, we all internally debate who's the biggest nerd on the board. :D

We've learned many lessons since last year's draft and received lots of feedback. As such, we feel... check that, KNOW that this year's mock is going to be even better.

Some of the things we've learned:

1. Using the chat board helps... TONS.
2. The less selection time, the more it keeps interest among people. Besides, most of us don't have 12 hours to spend sitting at a computer unless you're a software developer or living in your parent's basement (sometimes both).
3. Sometimes we overcomplicate things. Last year, we had everyone mail us their five selections in case they couldn't be there. Some ended up changing their mind and wanted to go back, others put players that weren't even there, etc. It was much too cumbersome and clumsy. This year, the rules are simple: you either show up or someone is picking for you.

We will be starting in the “Chat Room” bright and early Saturday (15th) morning at 11 AM EST/8 AM PST with the #1 pick belonging to Houston. Each GM will have five minutes to make their selection by posting your pick in the chat room. If no pick is made within your five minute timeframe, your fellow GM's will discuss amongst themselves in the chat room and decide your team's pick by analyzing your needs as well as BPA (best player available - newbie) strategy. They will make a logical choice that we hope you feel will be the right one based on your team's needs.

Draft discussions will be held in the chat room. We ask that you keep small talk to a minimum so everyone has a chance to read and react to picks and not move chat posts along too quickly. We want to be able to see and analyze the picks yet move along at an efficient pace.

We strongly recommend that if you foresee an attendance problem that you choose a partner to make picks for you. The administrators have no problem as to when a partner is named as long as we are notified before time of selection.

We will also create a thread here in the draft room to track what players have been taken so Reggie Bush isn't selected by eight different teams.

Trades:

1 No trading veteran players.
2. Only draft picks may be traded.
3. You may trade future draft picks (i.e. 2006, 2007 draft picks, etc.)
4. Compensatory picks cannot be traded.
5. A trade will not be official until notification from both parties has been received by the mods. This can be done via PM to the mods pre-draft or done in the chatroom if both parties concur during the draft.

We recommend you refer to the draft value chart which can be found in the Draft Zone, and try to get as near equal value as possible when trading picks.

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52634

Time Limits:

Round 1 - 5 mins.
Round 2 - 3 mins
Round 3 - 3 mins

These changes were made in order to make the Mock Draft move at an exciting pace and make it feel as close as possible to actual NFL draft.

Elegibility to Participate:

CZ has grown by leaps and bounds this year and is essentially a small city. We have 6,202 members on this great site. 2,249 of them have visited in the last 24 hours. That is truly staggering.

As such, who gets to participate? Do we only invite 32 people with the highest post count? Do we open it up to everyone and end up receiving 20 people who never post and have half of them not show up?

There is no right answer; as such, I have decided that the following eligibilty requirements be made:

1. At least 500 posts.
2. Be an active member.

I truly do apologize to our newer members who have yet to reach this point. Unfortunately, we ran into the above issue last year in that many new users simply didn't participate and de-heightened the fun. As such, we will be taking anyone above 500 posts that responds to this thread.

Please note this will be first come, first served. I will not be playing favorites regardless of your username if you don't get a team. Everyone will be able to see the 32 people with 500+ posts below so there will no question of people getting a free ticket. Simple as that.

As such, if you wish to play, YOU MUST POST IN THE BELOW THREAD. The first 32 members to respond with their interest will be given a team in the following days. Teams will be assigned randomly.

Misc.

There's bound to be other questions that you have. I've already made you read enough already. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Also, I'll be announcing your moderators for this mock draft this weekend. You can PM them any questions you may have as well.

Good luck! The race is on!

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
I'm interested in spectating. I'm not up to the limit yet though. This should be fun.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I'd like to take part

Avery

Reaction score
Funxva said:
I'm interested in spectating. I'm not up to the limit yet though. This should be fun.

A comment on spectating. EVERYONE is welcome to go in the chat room and talk about the picks (provided it's in a civilized manner). Also, for people that don't show up, we will be giving their teams away regardless of you were originally eligible or not.

Avery

Reaction score
:D
cobra said:
Eww. Can I post 53 posts real fast?

I was in last year.

You have your spot reserved. Don't let me down.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Count me in, again.
I killed it last year.;)

But someone last year traded me their 2005 and 2006 2nd round pick to move up...:( :D