***The Official CZ Mock Draft Thread***

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
***2007 Cowboyszone.com Mock Draft***
Beginning Saturday, February 25th (11 AM EST/8 AM PST)

Hey guys! Well, it's the time of year again where the draftniks debate on who goes when and where. All the while, we all internally debate who's the biggest nerd on the board. :D

We will be doing things slightly different this year as the team you are assigned will be your team throughout all three mock drafts we are holding. As such, your availability is a key component of making this work.

We currently have three mock drafts scheduled:

February 25th (Sat.) - 1st round only
March 24th (Sat.) - 3 rounds
April 21st (Sat.)- 3 rounds

All mock drafts will begin at 11 AM EST/8 AM PST.

We will be starting in the “Chat Room” bright and early on February 25th with the #1 pick belonging to Oakland. Each GM will have five minutes to make their selection by posting your pick in the chat room. If no pick is made within your five minute timeframe, your fellow GM's will discuss amongst themselves in the chat room and decide your team's pick by analyzing your needs as well as BPA (best player available - newbie) strategy. They will make a logical choice that we hope you feel will be the right one based on your team's needs.

Draft discussions will be held in the chat room. We ask that you keep small talk to a minimum so everyone has a chance to read and react to picks and not move chat posts along too quickly. We want to be able to see and analyze the picks yet move along at an efficient pace.

We strongly recommend that if you foresee an attendance problem that you choose a partner to make picks for you. The administrators have no problem as to when a partner is named as long as we are notified before time of selection.

We will also create a thread here in the draft room to track what players have been taken so Calvin Johnson isn't selected by eight different teams.

Trades:

1 No trading veteran players.
2. Only draft picks may be traded.
3. You may trade future draft picks (i.e. 2007, 2008 draft picks, etc.)
4. Compensatory picks cannot be traded.
5. A trade will not be official until notification from both parties has been received by the mods. This can be done via PM to the mods pre-draft or done in the chatroom if both parties concur during the draft.

We recommend you refer to the draft value chart which can be found below and try to get as near equal value as possible when trading picks.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pvc.gif

Time Limits:

Round 1 - 5 mins.
Round 2 - 3 mins
Round 3 - 3 mins

These durations are in order to make the Mock Draft move at an exciting pace and make it feel as close as possible to the actual NFL draft.

Eligibility to Participate:

CZ has grown by leaps and bounds this year and is essentially a small city.

As such, who gets to participate? Do we only invite 32 people with the highest post count? Do we open it up to everyone and end up receiving 20 people who never post and have half of them not show up?

There is no right answer; as such, I have decided that the following eligibilty requirements be made:

1. At least 500 posts.
2. Be an active member.
3. Able to show up for each of the three drafts

I truly do apologize to our newer members who have yet to reach this point. Unfortunately, we ran into the above issue last year in that many new users simply didn't participate and de-heightened the fun. As such, we will be taking anyone above 500 posts that responds to this thread.

Please note this will be first come, first served. I will not be playing favorites regardless of your username if you don't get a team. Everyone will be able to see the 32 people with 500+ posts below so there will no question of people getting a free ticket. Simple as that.

As such, if you wish to play, YOU MUST POST IN THE BELOW THREAD. The first 32 members to respond with their interest and are available on the above dates will be given a team in the following days. Teams will be assigned randomly. The team that you are assigned to will be your team to keep through each of our three mock drafts. As stated above, if you are not able to participate due to an unforseen circumstance that morning, please have a partner that can make your picks or we'll assign someone your team for the day.

Misc.

There's bound to be other questions that you have. I've made you read enough already. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Also, I'll be announcing your moderators for this mock draft in the coming days. If you wish to be considered to help moderate the draft, please PM me.

Once the mods are announced, you can PM them any questions you may have as well.

Good luck! The race is on!

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Id like to get in on this again this year ..I think I did OK last year but should have been better

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Slight change to the criteria as we'll keep the same 32 people in the draft but will shuffle teams each time. That way, we can draft competent players for the Skins.

Kidding, Skins fans, I'm kidding.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Avery;1362623 said:
Slight change to the criteria as we'll keep the same 32 people in the draft but will shuffle teams each time. That way, we can draft competent players for the Skins.

Kidding, Skins fans, I'm kidding.

we should eliminate the skins altogether, for fairness for whoever has to be their GM

3 picks in 7 rounds, ouch

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know my peeps are calling for me to step up. However I must decline due to time constraints.