FEATURED *** The Official New Head Coach Speculation Thread ***

glimmerman

Reaction score
Gonna be a gamble with a college coach. Prepare for adjustment year or years perhaps.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Here is what I think is going through Jerry’s mind

Urban Meyer
Bob Stoops
Lincoln Riley
Rhule
Greg Roman

I think he’d take any of these 5 in this order with maybe Stoops below Riley. I throw him in because I think he still has something, is older And Jerry likes him. I don’t think Jerry cares about the next Landry now. He needs a SB quick. Meyer is cocky and despite health can get guys to win in a 2-3 year window

Im actually worried about Mike Zimmer.

I know he’s under contract but the Jones’s love him and they may move mountains to bring him in here.

Zimmer is another do nothing head coach though and we won’t win anything with him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A few users requested an official head coach speculation thread while we wait for an official announcement and/or confirmation of Garrett being fired, so here it is.

Who do you think would be the best option for the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Thanks Reality, just what I was looking for.;)

My first choice is obviously Urban Meyer, I think he is probably the first choice for about 90% of this board.

If he says no or is not offered the job, then Lincoln Riley is my second choice. Yeah, I know he got hammered by LSU but the guy is legit and would take this offense to the next level. We just got to pair him with a really good DC.

That's about it at the college level, so if we go pro level my first choice would be Greg Roman, the OC for the Ravens. Look what he did for Lamar Jackson and think about what he could do for Dak. He also had Kaepernick playing at a probowl level in SF, so he aint a one trick pony.

Other candidates I have heard mentioned are Josh McDaniels, Mike Zimmerman, Gary Kubiac, Dan Campbell, and Mike McCarthy. Each have their pros and cons, so hard to know if any one of them is a legit candidate or not.

Last on the list would be a promotion from the current staff, probably somebody like Richards. I honestly dont think he deserves a promotion since the defense sucked all year, but I cant think of anybody else on the coaching staff that would be qualified. Richards did just interview with the Giants, although that might have been for the Rooney Rule and they are not serious about him being a candidate. I guess we shall see.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Im actually worried about Mike Zimmer.

I know he’s under contract but the Jones’s love him and they may move mountains to bring him in here.

Zimmer is another do nothing head coach though and we won’t win anything with him.

I like Mike Zimmer the DC, not the HC as much. I also think a guy like him leads to Jerry forcing assistants on him. Prefer he’s not in mix

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lincoln REILLY, MEYER or Mullen. My fave is Mullen. He has a history with Dak and knows how to maximize his skills. Players LOVE the guy and respect him.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I think Stephen and Urban will work well together. If Urban needs a ride to Dallas, Jerry should stay home and let Stephen take the plane to pick Urban up. Jerry doesn't need to do much talking here. Let Stephen handle this.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I like that Urban has won multiple times at a high level and has a strong, extensive network of coaches available to him to fill out that staff.

I think a guy like Riley could really unleash Dak, but the thought of him in charge kind of makes me nervous given how some of his teams have performed in the playoffs. If I'm Jerry, I'm throwing every dollar at Sean Payton or Bill Belichick. Those are the only two guys that I can think of that can make a difference now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There was a report out earlier that the Giants were scared Rhule was Dallas's top choice for HC.

Could they have some inside info?

I know he said that he wanted to stay at Baylor and turned down the Brown's request to interview but that was the Brown's. If Dallas gives him a call, he might just have second thoughts.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I know I threw out a list already and I’m not a fan of this hire but anyone think Harbaugh could be a dark horse. Better in the NFL than Michigan

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I believe Roman, Meyer, Martindale has is dominating and winning the East next season.

I like Roman and Martindale due to their ties to the 14-2 Ravens. If they come here, they will bring that tough Ravens grit and some of their players with them. Win win to me

Hell Yeah!!!

Its about dam time we start looking at contenders to get our coaches instead of the freaking Lions.....cough, Rod, cough, 0-16, cough.

Carson

Reaction score
I know I threw out a list already and I’m not a fan of this hire but anyone think Harbaugh could be a dark horse. Better in the NFL than Michigan

I don’t think harbaugh is a bad college coach. He just can’t beat Ohio state

mardwin

Reaction score
This will be a Stephen Jones hire and will be someone with NFL experience doubt it will be a yes man like the last two. I say they probably go with the OC from Baltimore or Gubiak from the Vikings.