The OMG Philly Won, It's Over Thread **merged**

zack

Reaction score
***EDIT*** Was supposed to say Philly and my phone auto corrected it. Ugh.

I think they will take the division. I just don't trust our team over the final 4 games. Philly was in a perfect position to lose but found a way to win and keep the heat on Dallas. I hope I wrong but I just don't trust our team.

Flame away

Well it is the Lions. Only the Lions blow games like that. Except when they play Dallas of course.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is the sensible route to take. There's a reason why they play the games. It's what makes the NFL fun to watch, if you can avoid letting your emotional attachment to the team cripple your enjoyment of the close division games in December.

I guess limping into the playoffs is better than not being in the playoffs. But that doesn't instill much confidence in your team if that happens. I'd rather the Cowboys win out and show they deserve to win the division than to have to hope someone beats the Eagles.

But that's me.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Two phantom calls allowed Philly to tie the game and Detroit fell apart thereafter. That holding call on Suh when he was doing nothing but playing DT that allowed Philly another shot at the conversion was the first time a seriously felt the refs are being directed on who the league wants to win. It looked to me like they just threw a flag and made something up to call.

bash_ref.gif

Alweezy

Reaction score
I dunno… I think we still are in a good position. We get Cutler on the sidelines tomorrow which is a huge plus. And then for Green Bay even if Rodgers comes back next week. How good can he be off of that type of injury? Maybe if we caught him after 3 weeks back, but just a few practices? This could be similar to how we caught Foles when he didn't have any chemistry. Not why people are thinking AR returns = 100% health and business as usual.

The Commanders have packed it in… but that's the game that scares me out of the three leading into Week 17., mainly because they'd love nothing more than to make that game their Super Bowl.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The main thing now is that we will pretty much have to beat Philly. If that is the case then we pretty much have a "free" game to work with. Unfortunately, with our December woes we may need two of them :(

The Cowboys are playing the Eagles at home. And we know the Eagles. That should work into the Cowboys favor. The Cowboys have their dinner plates served, so to speak. If we can't beat the Eagles at home on Sunday Night (which likely will be the game should both need the game to be in the playoffs and win the division), then they don't deserve to win the division.

Right now, with a 4-0 division record, we should be able to handle that task.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Has there been a week this season where someone hasn't started a thread throwing in the towel.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
The Cowboys are playing the Eagles at home. And we know the Eagles. That should work into the Cowboys favor. The Cowboys have their dinner plates served, so to speak. If we can't beat the Eagles at home on Sunday Night (which likely will be the game should both need the game to be in the playoffs and win the division), then they don't deserve to win the division.

Right now, with a 4-0 division record, we should be able to handle that task.

Exactly. Which is why we haven't deserved jack the last 2 years

fifaguy

Reaction score

I think they will take the division. I just don't trust our team over the final 4 games. Philly was in a perfect position to lose but found a way to win and keep the heat on Dallas. I hope I wrong but I just don't trust our team.

Flame away

We will have a chance, which is all you can ask. Tomorrow night is a must win...

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Our history says we Will choke the division away. We're just going to have to let it play out and hope this year is different from the past 2 or 3. I am worried. If we can't go 3-1 down the stretch and beat Philly, then we don't deserve it. I wish we played today. Now we got all night to think about how important Chicago game is.

We still control our destiny. Just gotta take care of business. Even If we lose, were still not out of it.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I still feel this is coming down to @ Dallas final week. Of course if we lose to Chicago tomorrow, then I think we need Philly to lose at least once more before we face them. I do not feel Philly will be in a generous mood, so HUGE game tomorrow.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
One can say it is the drama that is the story of the Dallas Cowboys of recent years…or maybe Jason Garrett…
1st year we are eliminated the last game of the year by the giants
2nd year we are eliminated the last game of the year by the Commanders
it only makes sense to complete the cycle and get eliminated the last game of the year by the eagles…

Funny..BUT!!! I will wait for this play out…I do feel good about our chances….vikings will be at eagles next week…

:cool:

sbark

Reaction score
I want Dallas to hit the playoffs coming off a hot streak in Dec....if they cant do that...............

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess limping into the playoffs is better than not being in the playoffs. But that doesn't instill much confidence in your team if that happens. I'd rather the Cowboys win out and show they deserve to win the division than to have to hope someone beats the Eagles.

But that's me.

I'd rather have both, frankly. I enjoy the win-or-go-home week 17 games, but I'd rather have the breathing room.

The reality is, our team right now does not have the pass defense to beat the elite teams in the league. We're looking like that 10-6 level team, and in our case, it looks like our DL pressure is compromised too much to help our secondary enough in coverage to pick up the slack.

That said, there's always the chance we can play like we did against DEN early in the season. If that happens in the playoffs, we can give any team a run for their money, and that would include NO and SEA. It's not likely, but stranger things have happened. I'm certain there were BAL fans at this point in the season last season proclaiming with certainty that that team wasn't in any position to do any real damage in the AFC. Then Flacco gets hold of a bottle of happy pills, and all bets are off. You just never know until you know, which is why it's fun.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Flame away

I agree.

They're a bad team but they've been very fortunate this year. I think they'll be the fraud winner of the NFC East this year. King of the stupids. Congrats.

It doesn't matter. When the winner of this division faces their playoff opponent next month it'll look like when Deebo was approaching the guys in Friday. Hide your valuables and try not to make eye contact.

Fredd

Reaction score
Worst case scenario....philly wins thanx to the refs jumping in on their side and throwing those two phantom calls against the Lions (that changed the whole complexion of the game) and then the packers come back to win by 1...the cowboys just need to hold serve and win in chicago

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Detroit was controlling the game until the drive where Philly tied it up. A ridiculous roughing the passer call kept the drive alive and then the defensive holding call on Suh on the conversion was the biggest phantom call I've ever seen. He was simply playing DT and didn't even have his hands on his man. That allowed them another attempt from the one. No doubt philly dominated from there. My simple point was that those calls really made me question whats going on with the refs for the first time. When those calls where made, Detroit looked like they would win easily. They fell completely apart from then on. If Dallas gets help from the refs on Monday Night, it would be hard to argue the league is not using the refs to keep that week 17 matchup meaningful.

mldardy

Reaction score
I agree.

They're a bad team but they've been very fortunate this year. I think they'll be the fraud winner of the NFC East this year. King of the stupids. Congrats.

It doesn't matter. When the winner of this division faces their playoff opponent next month it'll look like when Deebo was approaching the guys in Friday. Hide your valuables and try not to make eye contact.

I don't. I think either team playing at home has a good chance because both have shown they can win at home lately. Neither of these teams are as bad as you making them out to be.

30yrheel

Reaction score

Flame away

I agree.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I'd rather have both, frankly. I enjoy the win-or-go-home week 17 games, but I'd rather have the breathing room.

The reality is, our team right now does not have the pass defense to beat the elite teams in the league. We're looking like that 10-6 level team, and in our case, it looks like our DL pressure is compromised too much to help our secondary enough in coverage to pick up the slack.

That said, there's always the chance we can play like we did against DEN early in the season. If that happens in the playoffs, we can give any team a run for their money, and that would include NO and SEA. It's not likely, but stranger things have happened. I'm certain there were BAL fans at this point in the season last season proclaiming with certainty that that team wasn't in any position to do any real damage in the AFC. Then Flacco gets hold of a bottle of happy pills, and all bets are off. You just never know until you know, which is why it's fun.

Idgit...what I want to see is how they manage the running game without Dunbar. If what we have witnessed the past two weeks holds, namely two 100 plus yard rushing games, then it could make the difference on offense. The best defense for Dallas might demand it, along with improved play from Ware and the return of the LB corps. Any designs they have on a division title and points beyond, runs through the offense, which has pretty much been the case since the Denver game.