The only TD the defense gave up was aided by the Refs

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
It looked like Jaylon barely touched Wentz' helmet.

Not anything near enough to warrant a personal foul.
Those are the types of calls that the league needs to eliminate. I get trying to protect QB's, but games are getting to be unwatchable because of excessive flags. I lost count of how many times I rolled my eyes at the sound of the broadcast crew chiming in with "but there's a flag on the play". It's really gotten to the point of being ridiculous, and I'm sick of it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I am listening to WIP not sure why but just heard a guy call and say they lost because the refs are home team cowboys refs and overturned the PI after review then Dallas made some plays.

So you mean they're like these boards when we lose. Funny that.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Otherwise the Eagles would only have 3 points on the board, if not getting shut out all together. That's the type of playoff style defense that I've been wanting to see from them. I give them credit for stepping up last night and playing their best game of the season. Now they have to play this way more consistently.
The Giants coach needs to call us out next game. lol

MikeB80

Reaction score
I don't remember a PI being overturned on review.

yea it wasn't that was the funny part.

Also heard another guy call and flip out that the refs help Dallas and that when Dallas declined a penalty and made it 4th and 1 the Jerome Boger allowed Garrett to change his mind.

The reality is that Boger never asked garrett and just assumed he would decline the penalty because it made it 4th down but Garrett wanted to accept the penalty the whole time and boger wouldn't turn around and listen to him.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Honestly it barely moved his head. It was ridiculous considering the beating Dak took last week without calls.

I hate to say it, but there are reasons why the calls go the way they do. It is not fair and it is obvious that some QBs are protected more than others.

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Wentz
Goff

Untouchable.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yea - the rule sucks. The rules on both of those penalties suck.

But they both get called all the time. Easy to be mad at the rule, but I'm not really sure the refs did anything wrong on that series.

By rule, it wasn't a penalty.

Minor contact is legal.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
i really hate the call when a defender is going to block the pass and his hand grazes the qb and they call a 15 yarder.

It is sooooo dumb.

It may be, but I think it was accurately called the way the rules are enforced. Both fit the letter of the law if not the intent IMO, so I don't have a problem with the two penalties from that standpoint. We've had some legitimate calls against us or not for us to complain about. It cheapens our argument IMO when we complain about ones that are at least somewhat accurate based on the way they have been called.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Jaylon shouldn’t have roughed wentz and Woods should have known better than make that hit. Jaylon knows better. We gave them 30 yards on the 80 yard drive. That was my only gripe about the game other than 11 minutes left and Dak throws that pick when he didn’t need to.

Players have to know that if they hit a quarterback high or low, they are likely to get flagged for it. I know he was trying to mess up the throw, which he did, but then he's got to get that hand away from the quarterback's head.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
Jaylon shouldn’t have roughed wentz and Woods should have known better than make that hit. Jaylon knows better. We gave them 30 yards on the 80 yard drive. That was my only gripe about the game other than 11 minutes left and Dak throws that pick when he didn’t need to.
I would put roughed in quotation marks. There was no rough to it

gimmesix

Reaction score
The second penalty under the current rules was warranted.

The first one was not as there was no "force-able contact" to the head / neck area.

Contact yes.

And how many times have you seen similar contact made and a flag be thrown for it? You don't have to look far. Just because it doesn't happen very often when our quarterbacks are involved does not mean it isn't a call that most quarterbacks get.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Otherwise the Eagles would only have 3 points on the board, if not getting shut out all together. That's the type of playoff style defense that I've been wanting to see from them. I give them credit for stepping up last night and playing their best game of the season. Now they have to play this way more consistently.

The penalties on that drive were well deserved. Please stop this.

jsb357

Reaction score
Any contact to the head is a penalty.

Rule 12 Section 2 Paragraph C

Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet
and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer
forcibly in the head or neck area
(see also the other unnecessary roughness rules covering these subjects).

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Rule 12 Section 2 Paragraph C

Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet
and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer
forcibly in the head or neck area
(see also the other unnecessary roughness rules covering these subjects).
"Forcibly" doesn't mean anything - so refs call everything. The call against Jaylon is called dozens of times a year. This isn't difficult.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
On Jaylon?

Any contact to the head is a penalty. No such thing as minor.

Not true. The contact has to be "forcible."

This distinction has been made many times in games.

That doesn't mean the refs will call it perfect, but the rule has meaning. It does not just mean "anything." The rule is set so that incidental and minor contact (like "grazing" the helmet) are not penalties. It's been this way for a while.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I seriously think Garrett and the front office should bring this up as a complaint. They need to start making noise on some of these bad calls that are one-sided against the Cowboys.