The Outlook on Carson Wentz

J12B

Reaction score
He had a nice game thanks to a good 2nd half.

But he was terrible in the 1st half and looked very uncomfortable in the pocket.

He just isn't the same QB now that he can't or won't run. Their offense doesnt look the same at all compared to last year.

There should be no fear at all for Wentz as a Cowboys fan.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But he was terrible in the 1st half and looked very uncomfortable in the pocket.

He just isn't the same QB now that he can't or won't run. Their offense doesnt look the same at all compared to last year.

He was afraid to run as he didn’t want to get creamed by LVE or Jaylon. :lmao:

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Surprisingly similar up and down game to Dak's.

Even with the good last quarter and a half, he's as much the reason the Eagles lost as, Dak would've been to blame had the result been the other way around.

I honestly expected a better performance from him. Glad I was wrong.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

With all that said

Hes still miles better than Dak.

And before any of you homers come in here saying how Dak had better stats (he didnt), Dak faced probably the worst secondary in the league while Wentz faced a top 10 secondary

movaughn88

Reaction score
Surprisingly similar up and down game to Dak's.

Even with the good last quarter and a half, he's as much the reason the Eagles lost as, Dak would've been to blame had the result been the other way around.

I honestly expected a better performance from him. Glad I was wrong.

They were both bad. Missed throws, air-mailed wide open guys. It's not the way you want to win the battle, but I think Dak won this one I guess.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
With all that said

And before any of you homers come in here saying how Dak had better stats (he didnt), Dak faced probably the worst secondary in the league while Wentz faced a top 10 secondary

So, you're a Wentz supporter/apologist and worship Dez, who no-longer plays for the Cowboys.

Are you sure you're a Cowboys fan?

J12B

Reaction score
With all that said

I agree. He is better than Dak. More accurate and more power on his passes.

But Wentz clearly has a lot to learn and areas within his game to work on.

I'd say Dak is a C or C+ QB and Wentz is a B- or B QB. Considering Wentz was a 2nd overall pick and Dak was a 4th round comp pick, I'd take that all day.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’d still trade Dak for Wentz (and Watson and Mahomes and probably Mayfield at this point).

Although that’s a shakier stance than it was earlier in the year, ie Wentz. He’s not looking as sharp or consistent as he was last year.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
This year, Dak is better than Wentz. Wentz hasn’t looked the same since his injury and he may never, who knows.

Impossible to say who will have the better career but this year alone... Dak > Wentz. Might be different next year but we’ll worry about that then.