The Outlook on Carson Wentz

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This year, Dak is better than Wentz. Wentz hasn’t looked the same since his injury and he may never, who knows.

Impossible to say who will have the better career but this year alone... Dak > Wentz. Might be different next year but we’ll worry about that then.

Yeah, so far Dak has outplayed Wentz in two of three seasons.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
With all that said

Hes still miles better than Dak.

And before any of you homers come in here saying how Dak had better stats (he didnt), Dak faced probably the worst secondary in the league while Wentz faced a top 10 secondary

Dak Prescott's OL is down 60% with an awful Smith at OT. Dak also has no TE and a WR that just got off the bus.

Dak is also not the next "Aaron Rodgers" whose team can win a SB without him.

Oh, and Dak is a 4th rounder...he shouldn't even be in the league right now.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
He had a nice game thanks to a good 2nd half.

But he was terrible in the 1st half and looked very uncomfortable in the pocket.

He just isn't the same QB now that he can't or won't run. Their offense doesnt look the same at all compared to last year.

There should be no fear at all for Wentz as a Cowboys fan.

Frank Reight

J12B

Reaction score
Duck.

(I am disappointed that I have to say that on a Cowboys forum)

Wentz fans/supporters dont have an arguement right now. If Wentz was as amazing as some users say he is there is no way he would get swept by Dak Prescott who is, according to them, a terrible QB.

Their season was on the line and Wentz led his offense to zero points in the first half. He was even set up with a 1 yard pass for a touchdown by his defense.

Wentz fans have no argument. He isnt as good as they say he is because if he was, the Eagles would have won today.

Last edited:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He looks very... rigid? Like he's just standing in the pocket, tense, waiting to let it rip. No fluidity. That's not what I remember from his first two years.

Having said that, the second half does count and he made some very nice throws. I don't thine he or Dak really put on any kind of passing clinic though. They are just staining there throwing to open guys.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
If Wentz is so awesome then why he is constantly compared to a 4th rd QB? Seriously if he was so amazing he would only be compared to top 5 QBs and some of the all time great QBs.

It has to be more than both being picked in the same draft. There were several other QBs taken in the same draft and he is constantly compared to Dak.

Sydla

Reaction score
He also lacks the escapability he had last year.

He would be sacked and somehow get out of it and then make a big throw. This year? Not nearly the same.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Wentz doesn’t have a running game to lean on. And make his life easier.

That’s not even hating on him. But last season they had the #3 rushing offense in the league. They were pounding defenses with Ajayi and Blount. That makes a quarterbacks life easier too.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wentz fans/supporters dont have an arguement right now. If Wentz was as amazing as some users say he is there is no way he would get swept by Dak Prescott who is, according to them, a terrible QB.

Their season was on the line and Wentz led his offense to zero points in the first half. He was even set up with a 1 yard pass for a touchdown by his defense.

Wentz fans have no argument. He isnt as good as they say he is because if was, the Eagles would have won today.

The problem with this argument is that the games really haven’t been about Dak versus Wentz.

PS - That one yard TD wasn’t reall the defense helping him but rather Prescott giving his Fellow QB a massive early Christmas gift. That was a horrendous pass by Prescott.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
If Wentz is so awesome then why he is constantly compared to a 4th rd QB? Seriously if he was so amazing he would only be compared to top 5 QBs and some of the all time great QBs.

It has to be more than both being picked in the same draft. There were several other QBs taken in the same draft and he is constantly compared to Dak.

It's a lazy comparison just because they were drafted in the same year, many Cowboys fans wanted Wentz (including me), and they play in the same division. They'll always be compared if they're starters and in the same division.

Reactions: C42

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It's a lazy comparison just because they were drafted in the same year, many Cowboys fans wanted Wentz (including me), and they play in the same division. They'll always be compared if they're starters and in the same division.

But if he is so great then he should frequently be compared to the top 5 QBs and others in the same draft. Yet he is compared to Dak.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
They say it takes a full year to really come back from that injury so I’m not ready to pass judgment. I think I’ll wait till next year when he has a full offseason healthy and is a full year removed from the surgery.