The pass to TO in the endzone... Should he have caught it?

TonyS

Reaction score
Reading Randy Galloways putprid piece of journalism located here:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/15415837.htm

He states:

Romo took over on the next possession and nailed Owens on a little 6-yard out pattern. Otherwise, the only other pass thrown Owens' way was in the corner of the end zone. Eldorado waved at it.

Terry Glenn catches it. So does Keyshawn Johnson.

Does anyone else agree that Glenn or KJ catch that ball? And, if so, how? The pass looked behind him and looked to me like he didn't even have a chance at it.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
NO they dont. That was a chemistry play right there and unless Romo played alot of snaps with tg and key the past few years i doubt either make that catch.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yeah I was waiting for this one.... LOL

I was thinking same thing when I saw it on ESPN... once he is back in playing shape... then I think he makes those....

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
not sure if TG or KJ would have caught it, but they would have tried. TO didn't.

joseephuss

Reaction score
No, he could not catch the ball as is. He was not in position to catch it. I think his timing was off and he should have placed himself in better position to catch it. That comes with more practice. Not just him, but with the QBs working with him. I liked the play and would keep running it with T.O. I think more times than not, he will catch that ball.

I don't recall seeing that pattern being thrown to Glenn in the end zone during his tenure in Dallas. It was thrown to Key a few times and he did a good job at it.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
TonyS said:

He states:

Does anyone else agree that Glenn or KJ catch that ball? And, if so, how? The pass looked behind him and looked to me like he didn't even have a chance at it.

Should have caught it. tThe pattern calls for a sharp stab of the foot and a turn to the outside. TO looked like he didn't really want to make a maximum plant of the foot. Had he done so he'd have been turned and nicely positioned to make a fairly easy catch. I'm not too upset that he didn't care to max test the groin though.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
NO they dont. That was a chemistry play right there and unless Romo played alot of snaps with tg and key the past few years i doubt either make that catch.

I agree with this. This is absolutly the correct answer IMO.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
YoMick said:
He most certainly reached for it...

i certainly hope he reaches a little harder during the regular season. can you say "half-arse".

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TonyS said:

He states:

Yes I do and I think TO will make that catch as well once he gets more work. He was a bit late coming back to the ball.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
tomson75 said:
i certainly hope he reaches a little harder during the regular season. can you say "half-arse".

I hear ya... it just looked more like an "out of position" & "lack of chemistry/timing" thing.... to me....

Hoffa

Benched
Reaction score
Oh lordy, here we go again.

Now T.O. isn't trying is going to be the new cry from the media?

Galloway is a blowhard and is not to be taken seriously.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
YoMick said:
I hear ya... it just looked more like an "out of position" & "lack of chemistry/timing" thing.... to me....

oh, i agree. but i definitely think Glenn makes more of an effort to make a play on the ball. thats all. I don't dislike TO (the football player), just don't think he tried too hard on that particular pass. not sure why, but if its because of his hamstring, then by all means don't re-injure it going for a meaningless pass.

wileedog

Reaction score
Romo took over on the next possession and nailed Owens on a little 6-yard out pattern. Otherwise, the only other pass thrown Owens' way was in the corner of the end zone. Eldorado waved at it.

Terry Glenn catches it. So does Keyshawn Johnson.

I wonder if the first time TO takes a 7 yard slant, breaks 3 tackles and speeds 60 yards for a TD if he's going to point out that neither Terry or Keyshawn can do that.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
wileedog said:
I wonder if the first time TO takes a 7 yard slant, breaks 3 tackles and speeds 60 yards for a TD if he's going to point out that neither Terry or Keyshawn can do that.

good point.

skicat1898

Reaction score
The pass was high and wide,,, nobody would have caught it,,,,,, not one of Romo's better passes,, but to be in vogue I guess we blame TO and his lack of practice.

cowpolk21

Reaction score
I agree with skicat, that pass was wide and not catchable imo. If TOs arms are about a foot longer he catches it no problem