The pass to TO in the endzone... Should he have caught it?

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Yes I do and I think TO will make that catch as well once he gets more work. He was a bit late coming back to the ball.

It was a timing play of sorts also, I thought T.O. ran the defender deep into the corner, but then should have come back to the ball's path, since that would put the ball away from the defender. It certainly was a well thrown ball, IMO.

Iago33

Reaction score
Terrell's pattern was not sharp--as Mickey said, he lingered and didn't come off his guy like he should have. He would have been close to catching it if he had come off his man sharply.

From the position he was in, he couldn't do much else--it's not the attempt at a catch but the route that was the problem.

JMead

Reaction score
You guys need to get off Romo's jock. It was clearly a bad pass. T.O was open and Romo tried to throw it away from the defender ( good choice ) but the throw was high. If it was lower then its a TD. Good read , bad pass. No more , no less.

Bullet22

Reaction score
the ball was too far in front of him, and the db blasted him...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From photo thread...

9776168_320X240.jpg

A Tony Romo pass to Terrell Owens in the end zone sails wide.

9776170_320X240.jpg

9776171_320X240.jpg

9776172_320X240.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Murph80 said:
If he comes out of his cut harder and faster he makes this catch easily. He spent to much time in front of the defender and didn't come back hard.

Exactly. Unless his hamstring prevented him from reversing himself more quickly, this is a great example why players need to practice.

There wasn't anything wrong with the throw. TO didn't come back hard enough nor stop quickly enough. Practice TO!

cowboy4eva

Reaction score
I'm PRETTY SURE that the play is a designed route. It looked like T.O waited too long to actually go "out" and Romo threw the ball anticipating he was going to be at that side of the endzone already. IMO Keyshawn would have caught it, we've all seen him run those type of plays to perfection. T.O was a second away from catching that one, it's all about timing. Not a big deal at all.

Chevyman08

Reaction score
No. It was a bad pass by Romo. Romo rushed the throw. He rushed the throw before that too.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Chevyman08 said:
No. It was a bad pass by Romo. Romo rushed the throw. He rushed the throw before that too.
he rushed it! watch again he was like 2 seconds late on the throw

tyke1doe

Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
NO they dont. That was a chemistry play right there and unless Romo played alot of snaps with tg and key the past few years i doubt either make that catch.

Short and sweet and my sentiments too.

cowboy4eva

Reaction score
That was a chemistry play right there and unless Romo played alot of snaps with tg and key the past few years i doubt either make that catch.
No, TO appeared to be late going "out". It's a designed route, you don't need chemistry to run correct routes. It's not a big deal at all but it appeared TO did not run the route right.

he rushed it! watch again he was like 2 seconds late on the throw
Romo was late on the throw, but the ball got there early........?

JMead

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
From photo thread...

9776168_320X240.jpg

A Tony Romo pass to Terrell Owens in the end zone sails wide.

9776170_320X240.jpg

9776171_320X240.jpg

9776172_320X240.jpg

Looking at the first photo.. It was a worse throw than I thought. The route looked like a Hook patern and T.O decided to sit down in front of the DB since noone was infront of him leaving plenty of room for Romo to throw infront of him but still be in the endzone. The throw wasnt good. Just like 90% of Romos throws it was high.

I hope he gets more accurate. If he does start for a team then by week 5 noone will want to go over the middle due to him leaving passes high all the time.

ghst187

Reaction score
if TO had been practicing and getting timing and chemistry down with Romo and Bledsoe, its an easy and guaranteed TD 9/10x.