The pick that turned it around for us

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you want to go back to draft picks that turned it around for us you would have to go back to the 89 and 90 drafts. We haven’t selected anyone since that’s “turned it around” for us. The Cowboys have been stuck in a 25 year up and down rut that hasn’t seen a divisional round playoff win.

John813

Reaction score
Rico Gathers was the catalysis for this team. 2 of the 3 years this team made the playoffs when he was employed by the cowboys. 0 times since then since he's been cut.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pappy is not a troll. He just have some controversial opinions that goes doesn’t follow the typical views found on this board.

Pappy posts the "Truth" now some folks here with there obvious agenda's start the slander and insult train when the truth conflicts with that agenda.
They have my sympathies.....

Sydla

Reaction score
Zeke is a great RB and has most definitely set the tone for our offense, period!

He basically did what DeMarco Murray did two years prior.

The Cowboys made the playoffs once in the four years before Elliott. They made the playoffs only twice after he got drafted. Hardly earth shattering difference there.

His pick did not change the direction of the franchise. If he did, we would have been more successful than we were.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I have said this before and not afraid to say it again. I wanted Wentz that year but knew once the Eagles traded up to the 2nd he was not going to get to our pick. However, I am happy on how things turned out. I rather have Dak and Zeke then just Wentz. Now if Dak and his agent can come back to reality and accept a fair and reasonable offer, I would be even more happy.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Ironically, Romo not really trusting the rook to block the blitzing LB caused him to move up and out of the pocket. Zeke made a great block on that play and bought Romo some time to step up and throw.