The pick that turned it around for us

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Troll is the polite way of saying it.
Yeah eh should be happy I don't call it what it really is.
Oh I agree. CB Brown far exceeded his 6th round status too. I know a 4th overall in a draft should be your best player. But it doesn't always work out that way.

Naw it doesn't. There are busts every year in the top 10. People are going to get excited about this draft and tell us how the top 10 players will go on to be studs when in reality they won't. More than one will bust.

But with the 4th overall pick its so high that its hard to live up to that expectation. And he hasn't. Hasn't exceeded but he's lived up to it. Dak has. Hell I'd say Anthony Brown has his 6th round selection too even though a lot of people thought he'd go a lot higher than he went.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and you Steve are a known OSU apologist and lover so there's no bias right? The offensive line is what makes our offense click. Zeke was not a wasted pick but he isnt the only back that can do what he does. Derrick Henry probably has as many yards if not more.I will agree though that Dak's success is somewhat tied to Zeke.

I just dont think he has been worth the drama and hes slowing down which is another reason i didnt support the stupid contract last year. But I didnt support the Dlaw ,Jaylon and soon to be Dak contract but we dont have much choice and its the market

Indeed Star. I make no apologies! I also do not like the the holdout, the contract, nor the shape he came in at. But none of that was my point. I am pointing out the hypocrisy some people show.

For Dak = team game
For Zeke = Bum what's he done for us

Plenty of stuff to burn zeke for, even for a die hard like me. But this? Not fair.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what’s odd? You think Dak wouldn’t have had the same success without zeke but you accuse me of being speculative and basing my logical opinion due to hate that zeke wouldn’t be near as successful without this O line.

Do you even realize or remember what you type? Honest question.

You are nuts. At least I can watch Zeke make great blocks for Dak. At least I can watch him be a nice outlet and extend those passing plays like a great powerful runner. Remember the stupid full back play that was dropped? You probably don't. But zeke makes that play as he has done SO many times.

Your theory has zero basis. And you think I'm the idiot? Okay buddy....have at it.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Pappy posts the "Truth" now some folks here with there obvious agenda's start the slander and insult train when the truth conflicts with that agenda.
They have my sympathies.....
Keep hope alive brother we are drafting a quarterback in the next rounds:)

aria

Reaction score
You are nuts. At least I can watch Zeke make great blocks for Dak. At least I can watch him be a nice outlet and extend those passing plays like a great powerful runner. Remember the stupid full back play that was dropped? You probably don't. But zeke makes that play as he has done SO many times.

Your theory has zero basis. And you think I'm the idiot? Okay buddy....have at it.
I’ve already had at it. You’re like a bucket of chum off the coast of South Africa.

99% of the time I put people like you on ignore but not only do you make me look like a genius with your stupidity but I’m fascinated by your ignorance. I still can’t tell whether you’re trolling or if you’re serious. You got me, I’ll give you that.

Keep replying to me, I can’t get enough.

BTW, is the play you’re talking about the one where Zeke dropped a wide open pass, fumbled the ball or inexplicably stepped out of bounds (with not a single defender within 10 yards of him) against Seattle who we lost to? That’s top RB material right there, lol.

aria

Reaction score
Keep hope alive brother we are drafting a quarterback in the next rounds:)
Not in the slightest bit criticizing you, I actually like it whether I agree or disagree and I picked your post randomly because it’s the first I saw today.

Lol, amazing I get the criticism I do for hating the biggest overpaid villain on our team (the ewok) when I see comments like this all day everyday.

Brutal.

shabazz

Reaction score
In Rodgers entire career, Green Bay never drafted a WR or RB in the 1st rd because Rodgers is truly elite and took his team to Super Bowl and numerous playoff games

Yet with our “ 40 million dollar Man”, we have so surround him with a crap load of 1st rounders to prop him up.

What a waste of resources better used for defense

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Not in the slightest bit criticizing you, I actually like it whether I agree or disagree and I picked your post randomly because it’s the first I saw today.

Lol, amazing I get the criticism I do for hating the biggest overpaid villain on our team (the ewok) when I see comments like this all day everyday.

Brutal.

Well I respect every point of view regardless i agree with it or not. Now i would love to have a new quarterback but i know the Jones sold on Dak and that is the problem.
respect brother

starfan1

Reaction score
Indeed Star. I make no apologies! I also do not like the the holdout, the contract, nor the shape he came in at. But none of that was my point. I am pointing out the hypocrisy some people show.

For Dak = team game
For Zeke = Bum what's he done for us

Plenty of stuff to burn zeke for, even for a die hard like me. But this? Not fair.
We are guilty of being hypocrites in some form as it pertains to this team and the players on it. We like who we like we blame who we blame. It comes with fandom.BTW where are you with the pick last night I love it!

I also dont believe anyone thinks Zeke is a bum. Many however think that position could have gotten pretty much the same production with another RB but i dont want to get into a Zeke debate with you.We had enough of them in 2016

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Pappy posts the "Truth" now some folks here with there obvious agenda's start the slander and insult train when the truth conflicts with that agenda.
They have my sympathies.....

And refers to himself in the 3rd person, so he's worth it for even just the entertainment value. Always appreciate a wide range of opinions, keeps us honest (or tries to...)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are guilty of being hypocrites in some form as it pertains to this team and the players on it. We like who we like we blame who we blame. It comes with fandom.BTW where are you with the pick last night I love it!

I also dont believe anyone thinks Zeke is a bum. Many however think that position could have gotten pretty much the same production with another RB but i dont want to get into a Zeke debate with you.We had enough of them in 2016

Hah..indeed. But IIRC those debates were fairly civil! I rarely consider a stranger on a forum a "friend"....but you earned my respect and my ...internet friendship! I was indeed disappointed with Zeke last year....but I have made mentioned that EVERYONE has been issued their 2019 "get out of jail" card. 2020 is a fresh start....and that does include Dak.

I'm not familiar with Lamb. So I looked him up this morning and I like what I saw. My opinion is it's a good pick! BPA...and Eagles denied. We can probably snag remaining average defensive players without wasting a #1 pick on gambles. I like SURE things at #1.....players that lead the league at their position. Lamb will surely be one from what I see. It looks to me like he's a "go getter"....he targets the ball and goes to it rather than expect it to land in his hands. Good speed and will make contact when challenged. I like it!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve already had at it. You’re like a bucket of chum off the coast of South Africa.

99% of the time I put people like you on ignore but not only do you make me look like a genius with your stupidity but I’m fascinated by your ignorance. I still can’t tell whether you’re trolling or if you’re serious. You got me, I’ll give you that.

Keep replying to me, I can’t get enough.

BTW, is the play you’re talking about the one where Zeke dropped a wide open pass, fumbled the ball or inexplicably stepped out of bounds (with not a single defender within 10 yards of him) against Seattle who we lost to? That’s top RB material right there, lol.

Again...in your head you "win". I have on field results on my side. You have your imagination and your desire to see zeke fail. If you call that "winning" fine.

Yes...good players screw up on occasion. Even Dak. Even Zeke. And no I wasn't talking about our RB...I said FB. Can't even get your player positions right, lol.