The Pitts talk is mental

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I have a hard time visualizing the Cowboys drafting Pitts. I think the guy is tremendous value but he's a hard player to gauge. Not only do we have 3 wideouts and Jarwin but Pitts can't block that well. If Pitts was an elite blocking TE and with his catch and route running skill set then I would say draft him. However, he's not going to help us in the run game, so it's a PASS for me.

Also, TE's should never be taken top 10. Has Hockenson turned Detroit into contenders?

George Kittle 5th round draft pick

Travis Kelce 3rd round draft pick

Antonio Gates Undrafted Free Agent

Jason Witten 3rd round draft pick

Jimmy Graham 3rd round draft pick

Pitts can't be used properly unless you take passes away from Cooper, Gallup and Lamb, and of course if for no other reason than to keep defenses guessing, from Elliot and Pollard.

Unless Dallas wants to start chunking the ball 45 times a game, there simply aren't enough pass attempts to go around....

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
There are some exceptions to BPA, although if you take that first round QB and can flip him into multiple picks down the road it could be worth it.

But I don't think your concern really applies when you are talking about TE. Jarwin and Schulz at their best are average TE's...Pitts is being talked about as one of the best to ever come out of college football. If you can add a guy like that to your team, you do it and don't look back. It would also give us the freedom to try and move Gallup who could be a valuable trading chip.

There’s zero reason to draft a QB at 10 just to trade him. If someone wants the QB that’s available at 10, then you trade the pick for more picks. That’s when you have the most leverage. If you draft him and then try to trade him, you have much less leverage because a team wanting him knows you have to get rid of him and you’ll get less for him. They’ll have you over the proverbial barrel.

kskboys

Reaction score
The worst thing the team can do is draft BPA at need. You need to fix "adequately" whatever major needs before the draft in FA. If the draft board says that Pitts is a future Hall of Famer and he's there. You draft him. You don't want to be sitting there 10 years from now saying ,yeah that Kyle Pitts is going in the hall of fame, but my corner I Drafted instead, he lasted 5 years, did OK.... If you end up with Pitts you deal with the extra players later if he upgraded someone. You trade Gallup /other TE's whatever. Deal with the problem later.

You might think it is idiocy but it is really flawed "immediate gratification" logic to think otherwise
You have it turned around. Pitts is the immediate gratification logic gaffe.