The Players Have Officially Quit Thread

nobody

Reaction score
That's a loser-like thing to say. The team goal is to win it all. They are still in first place and can make that happen. You have obviously quit on the team but I still believe.

Just remember when they get torched in the playoffs who called it. History is on my side in this. This team doesn't have the heart to win it all. They showed that on the field tonight.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What is there to "believe in" ? After the opening possession for each team , the mediocre Bears dominated us .What event is going to take place that is going to change the nosedive trajectory of this poorly coached team ?
Win one game at a time. It starts next week with the Rams. Cowboys are still the masters of their own destiny. I believe.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Win one game at a time. It starts next week with the Rams. Cowboys are still the masters of their own destiny. I believe.

You're as delusional as Jerry Jones.................When bad losses are piling up , and each game is a repeat of the horror show from the previous week , the only thing that is going to stop this boulder rolling downhill uncontrollably is when the season ends and the entire coaching staff is mercifully jettisoned..................

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're as delusional as Jerry Jones.................When bad losses are piling up , and each game is a repeat of the horror show from the previous week , the only thing that is going to stop this boulder rolling downhill uncontrollably is when the season ends and the entire coaching staff is mercifully jettisoned..................
You're just a frustrated fan that needs to be talked off the ledge. The Cowboys can still turn this thing around. Don't give up.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This defense lacks talent on every level. Especially safety, they are a mess.

yup....I literally think you could pluck 4 guys off the street right now....and do no worse. Part of it is scheme....Never have liked the single high safety look...your just asking one guy to cover too much ground to be effective...plus he can be maneuvered by a smart QB.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
You're just a frustrated fan that needs to be talked off the ledge. The Cowboys can still turn this thing around. Don't give up.

I played and have watched football for almost 5 decades total.....................I know when I see a capable product , and this coaching staff is simply inferior . No amount of wishful thinking is going to change that . No matter how talented or lacking this roster is , everything starts with coaching . Your faith that this team is going to do something special sounds like guys I know who blow their paychecks at the racetrack on the "sure winners/hot tips" they receive , and then are surprised when the nag comes in dead last . Having a solid coaching staff in place removes the year-to-year roller coaster ride the Cowboys have become . No more of this "spinning their wheels" every year hoping it lands on 13 black or red...........................

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The guy who has quit on the team, and the season, is Jerry.

By most accounts, Garrett is only still here because letting Richard or Moore take over means they might *do well*, and Jerry might feel pressure to keep them next year.

Like Garrett, it's all passive-aggressive management.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
garrett says they have not quit, and so did dak lol.
What they say is they cant put their finger on whats wrong lol but they have great practices !
That all comes back to JG.
I find it hard to believe these players are so dumb they cant see what is wrong, but at same time
they cant tell the truth on tv or in public.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I played and have watched football for almost 5 decades total.....................I know when I see a capable product , and this coaching staff is simply inferior . No amount of wishful thinking is going to change that . No matter how talented or lacking this roster is , everything starts with coaching . Your faith that this team is going to do something special sounds like guys I know who blow their paychecks at the racetrack on the "sure winners/hot tips" they receive , and then are surprised when the nag comes in dead last . Having a solid coaching staff in place removes the year-to-year roller coaster ride the Cowboys have become . No more of this "spinning their wheels" every year hoping it lands on 13 black or red...........................
That is how I see it, and teams now are wanting innovative minds, but ignore the other qualitys of leadership,
and handling the players.
Jimmy had a degree in psychology which helped him do both of those things.
HC is not just about x's and o's.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don’t know about complete quit but it looks like they no longer buy into JG’s message. That’s why they don’t play as a team. Every one is just doing their own thing.

ICP

Reaction score
So has the coaching, the owner, and hopefully the fans soon to follow until we see a progressive and significant change

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's not fitting at all. The Cowboys can still achieve all their goals this season, while the worst fans will remain the worst fans,

They wont, but if telling yourself they will helps you sleep at night go ahead.:thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ray Charles is dead. It's just you and the rest of the worst fans ever that have quit. Still in first place, but you are all quitters.

Fan are not participants, they are observers.....by definition, an observer can only monitor an event, not quit an event.

The fact I have to explain the difference between participating in an event and observing an event to an adult is very disturbing.

An observer cant quit, you have to be an active participant to quit, how do you not understand this:huh: