The praise Dak is receiving for that game is ridiculous

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They used to say Dak couldn't succeed with out Zeke. Dak keeps breaking down walls and getting better. At the end of the day he had a good game against a legitimate team.

Many on HERE, this very board, pointed to this game as a real test for Dak.

He was fantastic and now it really wasnt much of a test. As always the goal post are moved in the great Dak debate.

Yada yada yada yada.....another loss as the formula for beating us still is still alive and well.
Teams are giving up the pass and playing the run as they all know......

STOP ZEKE WIN THE GAME!

P.S. We're 5-4 bud so I guess Dak simply can't do it when Zeke is a non-factor...hence he is NOT a Franchise QB.

CWR

Reaction score
Yada yada yada yada.....another loss as the formula for beating us still is still alive and well.
Teams are giving up the pass and playing the run as they all know......

STOP ZEKE WIN THE GAME!

P.S. We're 5-4 bud so I guess Dak simply can't do it when Zeke is a non-factor...hence he is NOT a Franchise QB.
:dance:

Janecka12

Reaction score
And is the same problem that this fanbase has when it comes to detail and accuracy.

The Vikings are a team that is doing well this year and we lost to them. Dak had a net positive game.

That the Vikings are 7-3 does not mean that they have a good pass defense. They are middle of the pack in Pass defense with an average rating of 93.5. Conversely, they are 7th in the league in yards allowed the run.

This team hasn't defeated a single team with a pass defense rating under 91.7 (Eagles). That should stand out to us given that of our remaining opponents only the Eagles, Lions, and Commanders have a 91.7 defense QB rating or higher. The Rams, the Bears, the Bills, and the Patriots are going to be more interesting games for Dak.

Just like I wasn't buying the fool's gold that this team was good after beating... checks my notes: The Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins... I'm not buying the fool's gold on Dak, having success against a team that wasn't great against the pass and dared him to pass.

The worst thing about this 5-4 run is that people still aren't paying attention. It's been 9 games. We've only beaten one team with a winning record. And that team barely has a winning record. That should tell you something. We've had an unbelievably easy schedule this year and this team isn't 7-2 or 8-1, it's 5-4. That should tell you something.
Actually the eagles were 3-3 when the cowboys won so they have NOT beaten a team over 500. Everyone was saying Cousins was trash while he played for a horrible team now he has a great RB and good defense and now is in the talks of MVP. On the other hand Dak has the best RB and a good defense with a O-line that gives him more time to throw the ball than any team, the most pro bowlers and he is not even close to being an MVP candidate. If he was on a horrible team like Cousins was everyone would be calling him Dak Trashcott.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
And is the same problem that this fanbase has when it comes to detail and accuracy.

The Vikings are a team that is doing well this year and we lost to them. Dak had a net positive game.

That the Vikings are 7-3 does not mean that they have a good pass defense. They are middle of the pack in Pass defense with an average rating of 93.5. Conversely, they are 7th in the league in yards allowed the run.

This team hasn't defeated a single team with a pass defense rating under 91.7 (Eagles). That should stand out to us given that of our remaining opponents only the Eagles, Lions, and Commanders have a 91.7 defense QB rating or higher. The Rams, the Bears, the Bills, and the Patriots are going to be more interesting games for Dak.

Just like I wasn't buying the fool's gold that this team was good after beating... checks my notes: The Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins... I'm not buying the fool's gold on Dak, having success against a team that wasn't great against the pass and dared him to pass.

The worst thing about this 5-4 run is that people still aren't paying attention. It's been 9 games. We've only beaten one team with a winning record. And that team barely has a winning record. That should tell you something. We've had an unbelievably easy schedule this year and this team isn't 7-2 or 8-1, it's 5-4. That should tell you something.

Here's what is missing from your rant. Two of the games the Cowboys lost to winning teams, packers and vikings, you didn't once mention what the Cowboys defense did, or more accurately didn't do. Against the packers Prescott threw for 463 yards and the defense allowed Aaron Jones over 100 yards and let him in the end zone FOUR times. Conversely Elliott ended up with 62 yards and just one TD. Gee I wonder if any of those facts had anything to do with that loss? Against the vikings Prescott threw for 397 yards and completing 5 passes of 20 or more yards and TWO receiovers with over a 100 yards receiving and again the defense allowed Cook over 100 yards rushing while Elliott had poultry 2.4 APR and a total 47 yards. The defense also allowed a TE that had 1 TD coming into this game to get TWO AND a 2 point conversion. Gee I wonder if Kellan Moore's play calling in the final possession with TWO rushing plays for a loss and no gain and the play of the defense had much to do with the outcome of that game.

Now if the defense that again you didn't even mention played better in those two games the Cowboys could very well be 7-2 instead of 5-4. For someone you refer to as fools gold who coming into the vikings game had a passer rating of 102.7 and even though I don't give much credit to espn's QBR Prescott had the best in the league. Also the Cowboys had the highest rated offense in the league.and it got there with this fools gold at QB?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The fact that we lost to the Jets told me the talent on this team isn't as good as we thought it was. Yes, I understand we had injuries. A GOOD team overcomes that. Our talent is overrated and we can't overcome our tepid coaching staff...

So the saints who going into yesterday's game 7-1 against the falcons 1-7 and the saints are considered by many to be one of the top 2 teams in the NFC just shouldn't have not just beat, but completely beaten up. Have you ever heard the old and TRUE saying on any given Sunday? Because a lowly team beats a better team, that happens multiple times EVERY year.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The props Dak is getting is for the accuracy and decision making. It really doesn't matter who he was playing against. When the ball is thrown to the one indefensible spot where only the receiver can catch it, that shows he's playing well.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Actually the eagles were 3-3 when the cowboys won so they have NOT beaten a team over 500. Everyone was saying Cousins was trash while he played for a horrible team now he has a great RB and good defense and now is in the talks of MVP. On the other hand Dak has the best RB and a good defense with a O-line that gives him more time to throw the ball than any team, the most pro bowlers and he is not even close to being an MVP candidate. If he was on a horrible team like Cousins was everyone would be calling him Dak Trashcott.

That O-line wasn't giving Prescott much if any time to throw last night but even having to scramble and throw on the run he still threw for 397 yards and our best running back got a total of 47 yards. If that good defense had held Cook down like the vikings did with Elliott maybe things would have been different. The ONLY positive thing last night WAS the play of Prescott and the receiving corp.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
That O-line wasn't giving Prescott much if any time to throw last night but even having to scramble and throw on the run he still threw for 397 yards and our best running back got a total of 47 yards. If that good defense had held Cook down like the vikings did with Elliott maybe things would have been different. The ONLY positive thing last night WAS the play of Prescott and the receiving corp.
Dak literally had all day to throw the majority of the game, especially the second half. It’s hilarious the lies that Dak slobberers will tell themselves to get through the day, especially

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

you mad bro?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I'm to the point of not caring what internet strangers with personal agendas think of players.

I can see which ones can play and which ones cannot. Whether or not you can is of no consequence.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Here's what is missing from your rant. Two of the games the Cowboys lost to winning teams, packers and vikings, you didn't once mention what the Cowboys defense did, or more accurately didn't do. Against the packers Prescott threw for 463 yards and the defense allowed Aaron Jones over 100 yards and let him in the end zone FOUR times. Conversely Elliott ended up with 62 yards and just one TD. Gee I wonder if any of those facts had anything to do with that loss? Against the vikings Prescott threw for 397 yards and completing 5 passes of 20 or more yards and TWO receiovers with over a 100 yards receiving and again the defense allowed Cook over 100 yards rushing while Elliott had poultry 2.4 APR and a total 47 yards. The defense also allowed a TE that had 1 TD coming into this game to get TWO AND a 2 point conversion. Gee I wonder if Kellan Moore's play calling in the final possession with TWO rushing plays for a loss and no gain and the play of the defense had much to do with the outcome of that game.

Now if the defense that again you didn't even mention played better in those two games the Cowboys could very well be 7-2 instead of 5-4. For someone you refer to as fools gold who coming into the vikings game had a passer rating of 102.7 and even though I don't give much credit to espn's QBR Prescott had the best in the league. Also the Cowboys had the highest rated offense in the league.and it got there with this fools gold at QB?

What you said is all true, now if Dak would just win one (just one) of those games then he could put all this to rest. Franchise QB's win those types of games once and awhile. Dak played really well yesterday, best game i have seen him play as a Cowboy but it wasn't enough to put us over the top, now expecting Dak to do that all the time is not realistic but expecting him to come up with some magic and win those kinds of games once and awhile is what i expect from my QB, especially if he wants to paid like the franchise QB everyone thinks he is. Until Dak proves he can win some games when the opposing team concentrates on stopping Zeke they will all just keep doing it. Especially the teams with top 15 D's in the NFL