The praise Dak is receiving for that game is ridiculous

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You are talking about what the Vikings have done on pass defense this year to show that what Dak did wasn't particularly outstanding considering who they were playing, yet you are ignoring that the Vikings allow an average of 242 yards and 1.8 TDs per game, and Dak passed for 397 yards and 3 TD's. This was the biggest yardage total the Vikings have allowed, and only the second time the Vikings have given up a 300 yard passing game. 4 times they have given up less than 200 yards. Dak's yardage was 200 yards more than Rodgers threw for against them, 120 more than Ryan threw for against them, and 100 yards more than Wentz threw for against them. So while it's true the Vikings aren't an elite pass defense, neither are they a bottom one, and what Dak did against them was far from an expected output.

Weren't the Vikings also playing without their Pro Bowl corner Trae Waynes

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
And is the same problem that this fanbase has when it comes to detail and accuracy.

The Vikings are a team that is doing well this year and we lost to them. Dak had a net positive game.

That the Vikings are 7-3 does not mean that they have a good pass defense. They are middle of the pack in Pass defense with an average rating of 93.5. Conversely, they are 7th in the league in yards allowed the run.

This team hasn't defeated a single team with a pass defense rating under 91.7 (Eagles). That should stand out to us given that of our remaining opponents only the Eagles, Lions, and Commanders have a 91.7 defense QB rating or higher. The Rams, the Bears, the Bills, and the Patriots are going to be more interesting games for Dak.

Just like I wasn't buying the fool's gold that this team was good after beating... checks my notes: The Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins... I'm not buying the fool's gold on Dak, having success against a team that wasn't great against the pass and dared him to pass.

The worst thing about this 5-4 run is that people still aren't paying attention. It's been 9 games. We've only beaten one team with a winning record. And that team barely has a winning record. That should tell you something. We've had an unbelievably easy schedule this year and this team isn't 7-2 or 8-1, it's 5-4. That should tell you something.
It’s okay for continued hate for Dak, along with your miniscual likes to follow. Keep your head up!

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Based on schedules the Eagles have the advantage over us. I can't tell you how important this weeks game against the Lions beomes. Hopefully Stafford is still out for it

And that's where we are now, praying for the other team's starting QB to be out. Says everything we need to know about this middling, vanilla, BBDB-forever defense. No faith.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
why would you be mad about someone point of view .everyone is entitled to his or her opinion we all should express it with respect.
We all cheer for the team not for an individual player this is not golf or tennis.
Because the drivel is solely about one player and his sad disdain for said player. But yeah. Cool!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see how we make the playoffs now. Our only shot will be finishing 9-7 or 10-6 and making sure we beat the Eagles a 2nd time. If i look hard and assume we beat the Eagles in Philly then i can find us 4 wins making us 9-7 and giving us the division in a tie with the Eagles. I can not find 5 more wins for us. I can see the Eagles winning 5 of their last 7 (that would include beating us) and finishing 10-6. Even if the Eagles finish 9-7 (but beat us in Philly) they will own the tiebreakers over us.

Eagles remaining games: Cowboys remaing games:
Pats Lions
Seahawks Patriots
Dolphins Bills
Giants Bears
Skins Rams
Cowboys Eagles
Giants Skins

Based on schedules the Eagles have the advantage over us. I can't tell you how important this weeks game against the Lions beomes. Hopefully Stafford is still out for it

We have had all the breaks this season starting with Brees being out and Rodgers not having Adams and Minn not having Thielen.
Heck, even the Refs are going our way this season.
We have 3 out of 4 road games coming up and our QB is not the same outside of AT&T Stadium.
If the Eagles need the win vs us in Philly we will lose.
Imagine Dak against the Bears in the cold in Chicago? OUCH.....
Ya playoffs are a dream scenario at this point as teams know our secret....
STOP ZEKE WIN THE GAME!

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Oh come now. It’s not like he won a SB,but he made some passes last night we often criticize for missing on. He’s owed a pat on the back. That team was freaking dead and done...he got them back in the fight on a one legged horse offense. I can get into which plays I want back from him,but it’s just pointing at little things on a good detail job.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a real problem with comprehension here on this board.

The pass defense isn't the issue? It's exactly the issue. They've struggled year long with average quarterbacks. They played Aaron Rodgers who roasted them and didn't throw much and when they played KC, they played Moore not Mahomes and were also roasted. They haven't played anyone else of merit, and yet they still have a middling Defensive Passer rating.

Please quote where I said that that fact that we lost doesn't mean Dak had a good day?

you say Aaron Rodgers toasted them, yet he threw for 200 yards less against them than Dak did, and you say Adam didn’t do anything worth the attention he is getting. That alone tells me you aren’t viewing things with a fair mind.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I had to live with all the Romo love for years of him choking in the big games and throwing crazy ints and fumbling, fumbling, fumbling. So you guys that don’t care for Dak can suck it! He’s your man for a decade.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
We have had all the breaks this season starting with Brees being out and Rodgers not having Adams and Minn not having Thielen.
Heck, even the Refs are going our way this season.
We have 3 out of 4 road games coming up and our QB is not the same outside of AT&T Stadium.
If the Eagles need the win vs us in Philly we will lose.
Imagine Dak against the Bears in the cold in Chicago? OUCH.....
Ya playoffs are a dream scenario at this point as teams know our secret....
STOP ZEKE WIN THE GAME!

You forgot Minn also played without PB corner Trae Waynes and starting DT LInval Joseph

Galian Beast

Reaction score
you say Aaron Rodgers toasted them, yet he threw for 200 yards less against them than Dak did, and you say Adam didn’t do anything worth the attention he is getting. That alone tells me you aren’t viewing things with a fair mind.

Dak threw 46 times, Rodgers threw 34 times. He had a 21 to 10 lead in the first half and cruised to victory with two touchdown passes and no interceptions... Who is Adam?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had to live with all the Romo love for years of him choking in the big games and throwing crazy ints and fumbling, fumbling, fumbling. So you guys that don’t care for Dak can suck it! He’s your man for a decade.

When all else fails bring Romo back to the NFL.
Dude Romo is retired move on with your life!

KMY_Amber

Reaction score

LOL Yep, we lived through a lot of amazing Romo plays, only for games to end in INTs, fumbles, bonehead throws, and more. But we stuck it out with him, through thick and thin.

I'll do the same for Dak, because I'll never forget the Jon Kitna, Quincy Carter, Brad Johnson, Brandon Weeden, Ryan Leaf, Kyle Orton, Bernie Kosar and even Mark Sanchez years (yep, we had him too!). Dak is a top 10 QB in this league, and when we had all of those mentioned above, they were all bottom rung QBs, leaving us no real hope.

Eightneight

Reaction score
Hahahahaha this thread is absolutely idiotic

Dallas lost..thus, dak isn't good

OK..so since wins and losses are a qb stat..how about somebody show this guy what daks record is..also show him what daks record is vs winning teams and where that stands vs other qbs in this league

The premise of this thread isn't just stupid...it's ridiculously stupid
Agreed

Eightneight

Reaction score
You are ignoring the obvious fact that Dak had a heck of a game while also dealing with absurd pressure in his face. The mark of a pretty dang good qb imo. It's not only about their secondary rankings/ stats but also about their entire defense which last time I checked was pretty good.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
That the Vikings are 7-3 does not mean that they have a good pass defense. They are middle of the pack in Pass defense with an average rating of 93.5.
Passer rating doesn't count sacks. The Vikings went into the game as the 7th-best pass defense in the league according to Adjusted Net Yards/Attempt, which is basically a passer rating that includes sacks. Their pass defense DVOA ranked 9th.

So, best pass defense we've faced this year. But their strength is their front 7, and especially their DL. If they don't sack your QB, you can have success against them, because their DB aren't nearly as strong. Great job by the OL in pass protection last night, and by Dak and the receivers to take advantage.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Dak played his butt off in this game. Despite Zeke's weak rushing numbers, this game came down to 1 or 2 decisions that were outside of Dak's hands

It reminded me of Romo's 506yd game vs Denver in 2013 where 1 or 2 mistakes were the difference

CWR

Reaction score
And is the same problem that this fanbase has when it comes to detail and accuracy.

The Vikings are a team that is doing well this year and we lost to them. Dak had a net positive game.

That the Vikings are 7-3 does not mean that they have a good pass defense. They are middle of the pack in Pass defense with an average rating of 93.5. Conversely, they are 7th in the league in yards allowed the run.

This team hasn't defeated a single team with a pass defense rating under 91.7 (Eagles). That should stand out to us given that of our remaining opponents only the Eagles, Lions, and Commanders have a 91.7 defense QB rating or higher. The Rams, the Bears, the Bills, and the Patriots are going to be more interesting games for Dak.

Just like I wasn't buying the fool's gold that this team was good after beating... checks my notes: The Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins... I'm not buying the fool's gold on Dak, having success against a team that wasn't great against the pass and dared him to pass.

The worst thing about this 5-4 run is that people still aren't paying attention. It's been 9 games. We've only beaten one team with a winning record. And that team barely has a winning record. That should tell you something. We've had an unbelievably easy schedule this year and this team isn't 7-2 or 8-1, it's 5-4. That should tell you something.

They used to say Dak couldn't succeed with out Zeke. Dak keeps breaking down walls and getting better. At the end of the day he had a good game against a legitimate team.

Many on HERE, this very board, pointed to this game as a real test for Dak.

He was fantastic and now it really wasnt much of a test. As always the goal post are moved in the great Dak debate.