The Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2024

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Freeney, Hester and Peppers are the only ones from that group that deserved to be voted in. The rest of the class were good players but HOF? Not even close IMO

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Some of these players belong in the Hall of Very Good, not HoF. McMichael is living off the Bears 85 defense. 14 years, only two All-Pro 1st team selections, double digit sacks three times, 95 sacks overall. In 14 playoff games, 5 1/2 sacks. As a comparison, a player like Clyde Simmons also played 14 years, has two AP 1 selections, double digit sacks four times, and 121 sacks for his career. Is he even close to getting in?

Darren Woodson, WTH? He deserves it a lot more than McMichael. So do Antonio Gates and Eric Allen.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Woodson will get in eventually.
Hopefully. But he should have been in long ago. His stats are similar to Lynch. He has 3 rings. And could cover the slot , which not many Safeties could do. Short of Ronnie and Woodson.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Hester deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, IMO. You can't tell the story of football without him ("who was the best return man ever?"). But putting him in over Gates... man. Gates is a top 5, inner circle kind of TE himself.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Niland I am on the fence about deserving to be in
Jordan also. His problem is that he played in the greatest era of MLBs ever (Nitscke, Butkus, Nobis, Lanier, Curtis, and so on)
Newton does not deserve to go in; once again very good but not a HOF
There is a good argument for Andrie
Cornell Green made the Pro Bowl at both CB and S
Whats wrong with Newton? Too many rings? 8) Dudes 6 PB and 2 AP.

He went to Jail. Thats why.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm tired of the Woody disrespect. It's a joke.

With that said, there are some good names on there. I definitely think Hester deserves it. He was insane as a returner.

I'll never forget, there was a hot tub dealer in Boise, Snake River Pool & Spa, that was running a promotion during Super Bowl XLI. If you bought a hot tub, sauna, or a billiards table and the opening kick-off was returned for a touchdown, then you got it for free. I bet that play alone made some people's year. lol

1942willys

Reaction score
Whats wrong with Newton? Too many rings? 8) Dudes 6 PB and 2 AP.

He went to Jail. Thats why.
That is a nice resume but its not good enough to go to the HOF. For a OL you need like ten Pro Bowls and about 5 or so All pros
HE was only about half way there. You look in the HOF and find very few O linemen that have less than that

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Is the 90’s team was a pissburgh dynasty Kenny gang would already be in

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That is a nice resume but its not good enough to go to the HOF. For a OL you need like ten Pro Bowls and about 5 or so All pros
HE was only about half way there. You look in the HOF and find very few O linemen that have less than that
That's not true.

RWright had 6 also. Niland had 6. Plus throw in the SB rings and the AP's.

but it wont matter for Nate.

1942willys

Reaction score
That's not true.

RWright had 6 also. Niland had 6. Plus throw in the SB rings and the AP's.

but it wont matter for Nate.
Niland is not in the HOF
LTs will sometimes get in with less but not often
All Pros count more that Pro Bowls; they quite often make the difference between getting in and not