The problem with this O is Romo...

MONT17

Reaction score
yeah sure they can put up numbers but the TE will always get the lions share with romo at qb... Aikman used the TE alot but he was also able to spread the ball around and no route was out of his reach. This team has too many weapons to have a rag arm at QB, he almost got Witten killed several times alone this year.

His sideline throws are easy pickings with that lolipop arch! No one has more talent than Romo and for him to put up 13 points last week is a joke! Romo is single handedly making the Roy trade look bad... forget the QB rating the guy needs to put up points on the road v. a top D not get held under the steelers average when their D gives up a career day to a RB!

what about the slant u may ask?... well u can blame Romo for that too, although i like to blame TO catching ability. Crayton and Roy have nice hands, right? still no slants to those guys! Romo missed a few windows v the steelers but its no reason not to run slants to those guys.

12 yard Digs? Noway! deep comebacks? nope! skinny post in the red zone? not a chance! Pretty much any bread and butter play from Aikman to Irvin is off limits in Reds O because of the QBs noodle arm and I guess a bad wrist.

it will take more efforts, like this past sunday to make people understand but something will have to change! maybe Romo can get Tommy John surgery in the offseason... or some Steve Austin type repairs!

0-4 december might wake some ppl up in Valley Ranch!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
http://i8.***BLOCKED***/albums/a35/hadnad/NewThreadCatButton2.gif

willia451

Reaction score
MONT17;2484414 said:
yeah sure they can put up numbers but the TE will always get the lions share with romo at qb... Aikman used the TE alot but he was also able to spread the ball around and no route was out of his reach. This team has too many weapons to have a rag arm at QB, he almost got Witten killed several times alone this year.

His sideline throws are easy pickings with that lolipop arch! No one has more talent than Romo and for him to put up 13 points last week is a joke! Romo is single handedly making the Roy trade look bad... forget the QB rating the guy needs to put up points on the road v. a top D not get held under the steelers average when their D gives up a career day to a RB!

what about the slant u may ask?... well u can blame Romo for that too, although i like to blame TO catching ability. Crayton and Roy have nice hands, right? still no slants to those guys! Romo missed a few windows v the steelers but its no reason not to run slants to those guys.

12 yard Digs? Noway! deep comebacks? nope! skinny post in the red zone? not a chance! Pretty much any bread and butter play from Aikman to Irvin is off limits in Reds O because of the QBs noodle arm and I guess a bad wrist.

it will take more efforts, like this past sunday to make people understand but something will have to change! maybe Romo can get Tommy John surgery in the offseason... or some Steve Austin type repairs!

0-4 december might wake some ppl up in Valley Ranch!
They have beaten Wash, Seattle, and SF since Romo came back. And because they had some execution problems against the # 1 rated defense in all three phases of the game last Sunday, on the road, (a defense that has made most teams its faced look bad) you want to trash Romo?

If they beat the Giants this Sunday, the Cowboys will be 4-1 since the bye week and getting Romo back.

If that happens, THEN what would you say?

Does he STILL suck?

And if he does, who would you replace him with? Since he does suck so bad? Brad Johnson? Brooks Bollinger?

Sounds good. Just replace him now. And see what our chances look like moving forward.

Go Cowboys!!!

the big 88

Reaction score
It's crazy how some people are so quick to turn on their QB or team for that matter... Granted Romo did screw up, you still can't just give up on him like that it's just lame.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm just going to starting putting people on ignore, I've had enough.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2484427 said:

AAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA! That's the funniest **** I've ever seen on this board. You're the best man! I got to save that thing somewhere. You're an artist brother. Sheer genius. :lmao2:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2484427 said:

That's pretty funny. :D but the OP does have a point.

Oh & dave.. No one wants to bring Quincy back..lol

However, Romo is no and should not be insulated from any level of criticism. If he can't accept it and roll with it then he must not want to get better...

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2484446 said:
AAHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA! That's the funniest **** I've ever seen on this board. You're the best man! I got to save that thing somewhere. You're an artist brother. Sheer genius. :lmao2:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let me make one thing perfectly clear:

I did NOT make this gif, and it's been posted here before by persons other than myself.:D

Here's the link: http://i8.***BLOCKED***/albums/a35/hadnad/NewThreadCatButton2.gif

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow. Some people really shouldn't be allowed to create threads, or maybe even post, at all.

The arm of our QB is hardly an issue.

slick325

Reaction score
the big 88;2484440 said:
It's crazy how some people are so quick to turn on their QB or team for that matter... Granted Romo did screw up, you still can't just give up on him like that it's just lame.

I can agree with this. I am as disappointed as it gets about the result of last weeks game. Romo deserves to get the blame because he played horribly. That said, I won't go as far as to say he is the problem with this offense. I still place most of my blame on Garrett then poor execution by the OL, RB's, QB's, TE's and WR's

Romo needs to re-read Coach Parcells rules before every game and pay close attention to "take care of the football", that is his biggest weakness. Once he does that Dallas can win any game they are in with him at QB. Until he gets that under control, maybe Coach Parcells was correct in keeping the reins tight on the young QB.