The problem with this O is Romo...

Dodger12

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2484458 said:
However, Romo is no and should not be insulated from any level of criticism. If he can't accept it and roll with it then he must not want to get better...

As the QB, Romo has gotten and will continue to get a ton of criticism for his play when the Cowboys lose. He's never shied away from it and took the blame for the Pittsburgh loss while others decided to throw Romo and Witten under the bus. Utterly Childish.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
You guys ever see a 100 page thread? This will be it. Romo doesn't suck and the OP did say no one has more talent than him. But he does rip on his average arm strength. His arm strength looked very improved in the Philly game this year but ever since the Washington game he hasn't had the same zip. The OP does have a point on the arm strength lately but Romo is a top 3 talent at his position. The real problem for this offense is the QB doesn't seem to be respected as its 1 overruling leader, like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and the OC is a 1 trick pony that can't adjust. Those are the roots of the offenses problems, not Romo. Hope you got a thick skin OP, you'll need it. Not that I don't respect the guts.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2484458 said:
That's pretty funny. :D but the OP does have a point.

Oh & dave.. No one wants to bring Quincy back..lol

However, Romo is no and should not be insulated from any level of criticism. If he can't accept it and roll with it then he must not want to get better...

I thought I heard Romo stand at the podium and shoulder all the blame, no?

Dodger12

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484495 said:
I thought I heard Romo stand at the podium and shoulder all the blame, no?

Yep, he did but don't let the facts get in the way....spoiler....

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
MONT17;2484414 said:
yeah sure they can put up numbers but the TE will always get the lions share with romo at qb... Aikman used the TE alot but he was also able to spread the ball around and no route was out of his reach. This team has too many weapons to have a rag arm at QB, he almost got Witten killed several times alone this year.

His sideline throws are easy pickings with that lolipop arch! No one has more talent than Romo and for him to put up 13 points last week is a joke! Romo is single handedly making the Roy trade look bad... forget the QB rating the guy needs to put up points on the road v. a top D not get held under the steelers average when their D gives up a career day to a RB!

what about the slant u may ask?... well u can blame Romo for that too, although i like to blame TO catching ability. Crayton and Roy have nice hands, right? still no slants to those guys! Romo missed a few windows v the steelers but its no reason not to run slants to those guys.

12 yard Digs? Noway! deep comebacks? nope! skinny post in the red zone? not a chance! Pretty much any bread and butter play from Aikman to Irvin is off limits in Reds O because of the QBs noodle arm and I guess a bad wrist.

it will take more efforts, like this past sunday to make people understand but something will have to change! maybe Romo can get Tommy John surgery in the offseason... or some Steve Austin type repairs!

0-4 december might wake some ppl up in Valley Ranch!

Since Romo calls the offensive plays this must be true!!!:banghead: Where is that stupid meter?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
shnagy;2484451 said:
We all saw how great our offense was when he was injured. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

In all fairness, plug Brad Johnson into any offense at this level in his career and that offense immediately looks like something worthy of projective vomit...

Mash

Reaction score
Romo needs to make better decisions....

If not...he can put up all the numbers he wants but in the end....he will be a failure like all the other post Aikman Qb's....

I hope Romo doesnt end up being the Dominique Wilkins of the NBA....lots of numbers and highlites.....no rings :(