"The professor" Rumor, or scenario that could happen possible Titans/Cowboys draft picks trade

coult44

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio John Clayton say that if SD does not draft Tunsil, there very well could be a deal with the Titans and Dallas. The Titans were considering drafting him #1 and they want him very badly. They would send their #15 pick, and then a #2 and #3 to Dallas for #4.

I thought they wanted out of the top spot to get a lot of picks. Anyways, it probably won't happen, but what is your opinion.

Sydla

Reaction score
On board for that.

And if we aren't getting two #2s from the Titans, I'd want that #2 to be the first one in the 2nd round, not one of the middle ones from the Rams.

So either #4 for #15, #33 and #64 or #15, 43rd and 45th.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I absolutely want to do it, and basically get 3 guys in the top 60 or players to retool the defense. There is the worry about missing on a lot of second day guys, but you could really change the face of the defense and have a ton of young talent.

Western

Reaction score
If true, maybe Dallas is accumulating some ammo for a potential combo pick in the 1st round of Lynch and the highest remaining DE/DT player.
With Lynch being a QB, hard to gauge his movement on the draft board -- he could be a mid-1st rounder or slide to the end of the 1st round.

Last edited:

Jenky

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio John Clayton say that if SD does not draft Tunsil, there very well could be a deal with the Titans and Dallas. The Titans were considering drafting him #1 and they want him very badly. They would send their #15 pick, and then a #2 and #3 to Dallas for #4.

I thought they wanted out of the top spot to get a lot of picks. Anyways, it probably won't happen, but what is your opinion.

I'd want more....

DFWJC

Reaction score

They heard it here on the Zone first :thumbup:

Great scenario for both teams.

Tennessee: gets their top target while still getting to keep and extra 2017 1st and 3rd rounder.

Dallas: gets a couple of extra high picks right in the wheelhouse of this draft...and would then have ammo to move up or down in any round to get their targeted players.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Lot of depth in this draft and the choices at 4 don't really excite me that much. Ramsey is really the only guy I'd take. Bosa/Elliot are talented, but with the issues at DE and MLB, i'm taking a 2 contract meathead that loves football and has 0 concerns over some guys that might have a little more talent but have a reputation.

5 quality picks in the top 70 can go a long way for this team. That'd be great.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Dont know what to believe these days..but the talk is that Conklin is "rising" and is the hot guy now. Maybe the gap between Tunsil and Stanley/Conklin is not as wide as initially reported.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I wouldn't be heart broken, but given the king's ransom other teams have given up to move to a spot and get their guy, I'd want more than that. The problem with 15 is you are now out of the area of getting a true top guy.

Let me ask this, if make that trade, would Jax take the 15 and the 2nd and 3rd from us for their pick? I bet they'd want more. So if it's not enough for Jax, why would it be enough for us?

Sydla

Reaction score
Dont know what to believe these days..but the talk is that Conklin is "rising" and is the hot guy now. Maybe the gap between Tunsil and Stanley/Conklin is not as wide as initially reported.

Kiper and McShay did a live mock yesterday and Conklin when above Stanley. But that's the first real draft expert (for lack of a better term) that has Conklin within ear shot of the other two.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
You could do some serious damage with back to back picks at the top of the 2nd and close to each other in top of 3rd

Someone will come calling to try and trade for one of those, after spending the night readjusting their board. At #15, you could still get a really good player. Rankins, Lawson, Doctson, Lynch. All they have shown a lot of interest in.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I'd want more....

I'd want more, too, but Dallas makes out in both scenarios. In the first scenario we give 1800 points and receive 1900 (#'s 15, 33, and 67). In the second scenario, we receive 1970 (#'s 15, 43, and 45). I would hold out for the 1970 if I'm Jerry...the Chargers still make out like a bandit, overall.
We would have three players in the top 34 or four players in the top 45. There are lots of ways we could go with either scenario.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I wouldn't be heart broken, but given the king's ransom other teams have given up to move to a spot and get their guy, I'd want more than that. The problem with 15 is you are now out of the area of getting a true top guy.

Let me ask this, if make that trade, would Jax take the 15 and the 2nd and 3rd from us for their pick? I bet they'd want more. So if it's not enough for Jax, why would it be enough for us?

Trading up for a qb commands a different premium.