CFZ The prospects of Cowboys most successful season since the 90’s

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I dunno about this one man.. I can't put this team above '69, '70, '71, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '92, '93, '94, '95. I need to see more to even put them above 2007 and 2014. Not saying they can't get there.. but they still got work to do.

I'd put this team in the same area as 2007, 2014, and 2016. Any one of those teams could have gone the distance but didn't for some reason or another. Maybe this squad breaks the curse.

I think there is not enough emphasis on how much luck it takes to win a Superbowl. You have to come into the playoffs peaking at the right time and usually have to be the beneficiary of quite a few 50-50 plays. Look at any recent Superbowl run and there are 5 or 6 key inflection points in games leading up to the big one where if they don't go your way, you are sitting at home thinking what if. All you can do is build a roster that is good enough to make the playoffs and hold your breath.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'd put this team in the same area as 2007, 2014, and 2016. Any one of those teams could have gone the distance but didn't for some reason or another. Maybe this squad breaks the curse.

I think there is not enough emphasis on how much luck it takes to win a Superbowl. You have to come into the playoffs peaking at the right time and usually have to be the beneficiary of quite a few 50-50 plays. Look at any recent Superbowl run and there are 5 or 6 key inflection points in games leading up to the big one where if they don't go your way, you are sitting at home thinking what if. All you can do is build a roster that is good enough to make the playoffs and hold your breath.

I've always felt this way.. It takes a lot of things breaking your way to win it all and a lot of it is out of your control. In fact most of it is.. Jerry has screwed up some chances we have had to get to the promised land but not all of the failures have been on him. Some of it has just been luck of the draw.. and of course.. the work of Goodell's minions - aka the refs.