The QB answer this off-season

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is if the Cowboys don’t suck enough to have a top 5 pick. If they get a top 5 pick. You draft a QB.

If not, one of two things:

1.Sign Fitzpatrick in the off-season, so he can hold the fort for a few years while you draft and develop a young talented rookie with a first or second round pick.

2. The Bucs want to keep Fitzpatrick and you trade for Jameis Winston as the future at QB.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. Maybe as a last resort if it is clear we need a new QB at seasons end.

2. Oh heck no

John813

Reaction score
I rather rock Rush/white and be ok sucking for Tua T/Fromm

dwreck27

Reaction score
Well the QB I see that I want is that kid Tua from Bama and hes two years away from being able to hit the draft.....

So........

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is if the Cowboys don’t suck enough to have a top 5 pick. If they get a top 5 pick. You draft a QB.

1.Sign Fitzpatrick in the off-season, so he can hold the fort for a few years while you draft and develop a young talented rookie with a first or second round pick.

2. The Bucs want to keep Fitzpatrick and you trade for Jameis Winston as the future at QB.
Not winston. He won’t stay out of trouble. If Dak don’t improve then JJ may trade picks to move up and get that Hewbert kid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Or we extend Dak for 3 more years and finish building the team with top draft picks then draft a Qb.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not winston. He won’t stay out of trouble. If Dak don’t improve then JJ may trade picks to move up and get that Hewbert kid.

If they are in position to move up and take a top QB that is the most preferential thing.

That being said, i am throwing out options, if The cowboys drag themselves to 8-8 again and we are picking in the late teens.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Can we continue to suck till we draft Jones jr jr, grandkid of Jones from Arkansas.

Combine him with Jason Garrett, we have a comedy show eclipsing friends and seinfeld.

rags747

Reaction score

Winston is slow and sucks, rather have old man Fitzpatrick

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Winston is terrible and worse than Dak. Why do you think Tampa and their players want to move on from him?

gmoney112

Reaction score
Hold down the fort?

If you aren't set up for winning, wallowing in mediocrity is probably the worst thing you can do imo. Just suck, bring in the best offensive coaches you can, and get talent.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Winston is slow and sucks, rather have old man Fitzpatrick

I like Fitzpatrick a lot. I still think Jameis can continue to develop. He has only played 3 years and has gotten better over time.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Don't see them drafting one but I can see bringing in a vet to compete with Dak. I truly think/hope they'll go into a win-now mode. Drafting another QB is starting over. Who knows how he'll take that could cost wasted time on our expensive OLine.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hold down the fort?

If you aren't set up for winning, wallowing in mediocrity is probably the worst thing you can do imo. Just suck, bring in the best offensive coaches you can, and get talent.

The implication was that they draft a QB with their first or second rounder and let him develop for a year or two.