The QB answer this off-season

Romotil45

Reaction score
Or we extend Dak for 3 more years and finish building the team with top draft picks then draft a Qb.

No thanks. we should not extend Prescott. We tank which shouldn't take much because we are about a 6-10 team anyway. Then we draft Justin Herbert and let him set for Daks last season here.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If they are in position to move up and take a top QB that is the most preferential thing.

That being said, i am throwing out options, if The cowboys drag themselves to 8-8 again and we are picking in the late teens.
Most of the teams that will be picking in the top 10 have a young QB and won’t need to pick 1. We may be able to give up picks and may have a player they want.

rags747

Reaction score
Don't see them drafting one but I can see bringing in a vet to compete with Dak. I truly think/hope they'll go into a win-now mode. Drafting another QB is starting over. Who knows how he'll take that could cost wasted time on our expensive OLine.
Drafting the A+ #1 stud QB coming out this year is a step back from where we currently are at the QB position?? Somehow I cannot believe that we can't find a rookie QB who can consistently throw for a minimum 200 yards per game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Most of the teams that will be picking in the top 10 have a young QB and won’t need to pick 1. We may be able to give up picks and may have a player they want.

I hope you’re right glimmer. Either way they need some type of legit rookie that can be the future.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I hope you’re right glimmer. Either way they need some type of legit rookie that can be the future.
If I am the staff the first thing I do is let Dak go play his way. Let him run the RPO. Play action off of that. Get Elliot cranked up. See what happens. If they try to keep him as a pocket passer our Offense will flounder.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If I am the staff the first thing I do is let Dak go play his way. Let him run the RPO. Play action off of that. Get Elliot cranked up. See what happens. If they try to keep him as a pocket passer our Offense will flounder.

Dak still gets the rest of the season to prove he belongs.

But I’m not optimistic at this point.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak still gets the rest of the season to prove he belongs.

But I’m not optimistic at this point.

Just odd after he has a rookie season like that, then all the sudden over the course of a half season he and the Offense started sucking this bad.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Just odd after he has a rookie season like that, then all the sudden over the course of a half season he and the Offense started sucking this bad.

To be honest. It surprises me too.
I know Dak wasn’t perfect even as a rookie or early last year. But he was playing well enough.

It’s surprising how far he has regressed.

Cowboysrgv85

Reaction score
No thanks. Could you imagine Jameis influencing Zeke to give into his worst tendencies and thoughts? We need a stabilizing personality behind center.