CFZ The QB position needs to be addressed

VACowboy

Reaction score
Facts is without however many turn overs, last night would have been a dog fight.
The offense turned those TO's into TD's. Dak whipped Minnesota 40-3. And while I agree that the INT's are troublesome, the offense is cranking and the team is piling up wins. They aren't just beating bad teams. They're rolling bad teams...and good ones. Dak is the only QB in the League averaging 30+ points a game in his starts. Not Hall of Famer Pat Mahomes. Not Tom Brady. Not Jimmy G (with maybe the best supporting cast in football). Not Josh "MVP" Allen, Tua with his massively explosive array of weapons and not leading MVP candidate Jalen Hurts, even with the NFL's best OL, DeVonta Smith and the unstoppable AJ Brown. Dak is putting up over 32 points a game--throwing to CeeDee "Not a Real #1" Lamb, a guy coming off an ACL and still rehabbing for the first four games, and a bunch of nobodies--and not Amari Cooper. That includes all of Dak's starts before last night. So, to me, if the team has a problem it has nothing to do with offense and certainly not Dak Prescott. The team is averaging over 40 points a game since Dak's return for crapsake, and has led the team to the highest scoring margin in the NFL. Have to strongly disagree with this one.

Flamma

Reaction score
He absolutely focused on Dak who are you trying to kid.

That's ok. He can focus on who he wants. I didn't. I don't care who he's focusing on, I care about the main point. I see what he sees happening, I just differ in opinion as to trying to put the blame on one individual.

Try to read his post without the Dak blame. It is a concern. But no team is perfect.

btcutter

Reaction score
As title states, the QB position needs to be addressed.

Regardless of how you feel about him, there are facts that cannot be denied. Dak has thrown at least one Interception in every game he has started this season (except the Vikings game). The turnovers HAVE to stop. I don’t care if it’s miscommunication or simple lack of ability, TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. It is his SOLE responsibility to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers and he gets it in the hands of the opposing playmakers. It’s why we lost against the Packers. It’s why we struggle in every first half of games.

That leads me to my next point— STOP THE COLD STARTS. The cold starts HAVE to STOP. When we play Philly. When we play in the playoffs, these little prissy teams like the Colts, Lions, and Bears may allow that to slide, but the Eagles won’t. The 49ers (who are still a good team, mind you. They won 33-17 last night, have CMC, an excellent defense, and a great coaching staff). Even Bucs and Brady. They will not allow this self destruction. And what happens when we self destruct early? We start to throw. And what happens when we throw too much and rely on Dak? We lose. It’d be another wasted year, except worse. A wasted talented defense (with run flaws). Waste of Pollards last cheap and excellent year.

He threw for 170 yards last night and still played poorly. The run game and defense are what saved this team. He had short field on majority of his drives and struggled and was only saved by our run game and ridiculous catches made by Ceedee and Gallup. Something needs to be done. Now we need a plan of action.

Next year’s draft isn’t looking too good for those looking to invest in QBs and we can’t trade. We’ll likely need to draft in 2024 for a QB. We need to prepare now. Sign Pollard, cut Zeke, prepare for Dak to leave in 24/25 ish and go from there.

Until then, we need to make like McVay in 2018 when he got Goff to a Super Bowl. Hide his flaws as much as possible. It will be hard because Dak’s intangibles are much harder to hide that Goff’s, who’s only real intangibility was inability to read a defense.

Anyone else have any input on what should be done? What can we do to assure this team’s chances of success can remain high?

I am not the biggest Dak fan but this is crazy. He did have a few bad throws but then Dak isn't Dan Marino.

Let's give Colt defense some credit ok. That's a good D. They held Phili to 17 points.

Besides the slow start. This is what I want to see from us. Run and play great D to create short field for offense. When offense have the ball score TD instead of FGs. The fewer passes Dak attempts the higher chance we win the game (just means running game and D are killing it).

Toro9

Reaction score
The thing is that you can draft a QB #1 OVERALL and he can be a bust. As soon as you draft him, even as high as the 3rd round, you have a controversy, which can be a locker room cancer.

I don't know if I believe Dak can win a SB but he's definitely in the top half of the league (imo). So at this point it's not worth all the risk to draft another QB in the first 2 or 3 rounds and deal with the inevitable controversy or even waste of a pick.

If they draft a small school guy who dominated, rounds 5-7 and Dak gets hurt and the dude balls out for 10 games or something that's when it makes sense to me to give real consideration to start over.

If Dak starts to just absolutely suck for a long period of time, then yes, draft a guy high but until then you ride with a guy who might be able to get deep in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Not an accurate post. You don’t want your QB to have to win every game. If other aspects are getting it done, the QB get the evening off so to speak. That was the case last night. Dak did just enough, that’s all we needed him for last night. Next week we might need him to do more. It’s all about the flow of the game.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dak is betting than having a lobotomy performed on you, but he definitely sucks at times. Good Dak can win you a SB. Bad Dak gets you an almost guaranteed one and done in round one. Don’t like those odds.

BubbaGump

Reaction score

Regardless of how you feel about him, there are facts that cannot be denied. Dak has thrown at least one Interception in every game he has started this season (except the Vikings game). The turnovers HAVE to stop. I don’t care if it’s miscommunication or simple lack of ability, TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. It is his SOLE responsibility to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers and he gets it in the hands of the opposing playmakers. It’s why we lost against the Packers. It’s why we struggle in every first half of games.

That leads me to my next point— STOP THE COLD STARTS. The cold starts HAVE to STOP. When we play Philly. When we play in the playoffs, these little prissy teams like the Colts, Lions, and Bears may allow that to slide, but the Eagles won’t. The 49ers (who are still a good team, mind you. They won 33-17 last night, have CMC, an excellent defense, and a great coaching staff). Even Bucs and Brady. They will not allow this self destruction. And what happens when we self destruct early? We start to throw. And what happens when we throw too much and rely on Dak? We lose. It’d be another wasted year, except worse. A wasted talented defense (with run flaws). Waste of Pollards last cheap and excellent year.

He threw for 170 yards last night and still played poorly. The run game and defense are what saved this team. He had short field on majority of his drives and struggled and was only saved by our run game and ridiculous catches made by Ceedee and Gallup. Something needs to be done. Now we need a plan of action.

Next year’s draft isn’t looking too good for those looking to invest in QBs and we can’t trade. We’ll likely need to draft in 2024 for a QB. We need to prepare now. Sign Pollard, cut Zeke, prepare for Dak to leave in 24/25 ish and go from there.

Until then, we need to make like McVay in 2018 when he got Goff to a Super Bowl. Hide his flaws as much as possible. It will be hard because Dak’s intangibles are much harder to hide that Goff’s, who’s only real intangibility was inability to read a defense.

Anyone else have any input on what should be done? What can we do to assure this team’s chances of success can remain high?
I guess we can go sign Baker Mayfield. He will be available soon. Some of these post are unreal.

exciter

Reaction score

Yes, the backup QB position is going to have to be addressed this off-season!

catiii

Reaction score
I am not the biggest Dak fan but this is crazy. He did have a few bad throws but then Dak isn't Dan Marino.

Let's give Colt defense some credit ok. That's a good D. They held Phili to 17 points.

Besides the slow start. This is what I want to see from us. Run and play great D to create short field for offense. When offense have the ball score TD instead of FGs. The fewer passes Dak attempts the higher chance we win the game (just means running game and D are killing it).
Then why is he PAID like Dan Marino in 2022 dollars? For what he's being paid, he sucks.

Reaction score

I hear Baker Mayfield is being cut today. Would that please you?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's ok. He can focus on who he wants. I didn't. I don't care who he's focusing on, I care about the main point. I see what he sees happening, I just differ in opinion as to trying to put the blame on one individual.

Try to read his post without the Dak blame. It is a concern. But no team is perfect.
And no player is perfect.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Are you high?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not much you can do when YOU JUST AREN'T ACCURATE....he is what he is, and it isn't changing....gonna have to live with it for now because of Booger and Chuckles.

Lol. He beat Justin Herbert in the same sort of competition. You need to stop. These things mean zero

phildadon86

Reaction score

Surprised this isn’t a post about the impending implosion that you usually spew. Have a great day AmariChill.

Yeah I’m not going to stop calling you by your true handle

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
You're right about the cold starts. But I have no idea what they'll need to do about it.

Yeah, not much you can do at this point. But i do agree, once in the playoffs, you can be down 21-0 fast if you start like that. Those teams are not gonna blow prime field position. Needs to not be throwing into crowded coverage. Unfortunately, he doesn't see the entire field and focuses mainly on his prime target or checkdowns.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The post is not ridiculous. Everyone seems fixated on the Dak part. You don't have to blame Dak and recognize what he pointed out was happening. Focus on his observations without blaming a single person.
Ummm, The title of his thread literally has the word QB in it and 99% of the post is about Dak.

:laugh:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. its the sole responsibility of the QB to get the ball to the WR, but its also WRs sole responsiblity to run the right route and don't fall down.

and I agree, CD and Gallup are the only WRs in this league that make ridiculous catches because every other QB throws the perfect ball, right at the numbers, hits the WRs in stride every time, and no WR has ever have to stretch their hands to make an catches and they are never contested...only Dak throws the ball, where WR has to make a play.

and I find it funny, that so many people can be so dang misreable after a win that all you an post is a dak bash thread in disguised form.

why are you so misreable and unhappy? which tells me this might be a @PAPPYDOG or @khiladi ghost account. or you are not a cowboys fan. you can't even celebrate a blow out. so so so misreable. man consider suicide next time. it maybe good for you given how misreable you are.

I’m absolutely floored that you’re such a huge fan of the team, so big in fact you don’t even realize one of your players wore a “mental health matters” pair of cleats for “my cause my cleats” yet you told me to off myself lol. What a joke. Not to mention the QB you’re repping for lost his brother to suicide… You sound like a crazy Philly fan. It’s never that serious. Chill.

Surprised this isn’t a post about the impending implosion that you usually spew. Have a great day AmariChill.

Yeah I’m not going to stop calling you by your true handle
Is that supposed to scare me lol? IM SO SCAREDDD