CFZ The QB position needs to be addressed

Cmac

Reaction score
As title states, the QB position needs to be addressed.

Regardless of how you feel about him, there are facts that cannot be denied. Dak has thrown at least one Interception in every game he has started this season (except the Vikings game). The turnovers HAVE to stop. I don’t care if it’s miscommunication or simple lack of ability, TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. It is his SOLE responsibility to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers and he gets it in the hands of the opposing playmakers. It’s why we lost against the Packers. It’s why we struggle in every first half of games.

That leads me to my next point— STOP THE COLD STARTS. The cold starts HAVE to STOP. When we play Philly. When we play in the playoffs, these little prissy teams like the Colts, Lions, and Bears may allow that to slide, but the Eagles won’t. The 49ers (who are still a good team, mind you. They won 33-17 last night, have CMC, an excellent defense, and a great coaching staff). Even Bucs and Brady. They will not allow this self destruction. And what happens when we self destruct early? We start to throw. And what happens when we throw too much and rely on Dak? We lose. It’d be another wasted year, except worse. A wasted talented defense (with run flaws). Waste of Pollards last cheap and excellent year.

He threw for 170 yards last night and still played poorly. The run game and defense are what saved this team. He had short field on majority of his drives and struggled and was only saved by our run game and ridiculous catches made by Ceedee and Gallup. Something needs to be done. Now we need a plan of action.

Next year’s draft isn’t looking too good for those looking to invest in QBs and we can’t trade. We’ll likely need to draft in 2024 for a QB. We need to prepare now. Sign Pollard, cut Zeke, prepare for Dak to leave in 24/25 ish and go from there.

Until then, we need to make like McVay in 2018 when he got Goff to a Super Bowl. Hide his flaws as much as possible. It will be hard because Dak’s intangibles are much harder to hide that Goff’s, who’s only real intangibility was inability to read a defense.

Anyone else have any input on what should be done? What can we do to assure this team’s chances of success can remain high?
Yep......look at the OC closer than you do our QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Regardless of how you feel about him, there are facts that cannot be denied. Dak has thrown at least one Interception in every game he has started this season (except the Vikings game). The turnovers HAVE to stop. I don’t care if it’s miscommunication or simple lack of ability, TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. It is his SOLE responsibility to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers and he gets it in the hands of the opposing playmakers. It’s why we lost against the Packers. It’s why we struggle in every first half of games.

That leads me to my next point— STOP THE COLD STARTS. The cold starts HAVE to STOP. When we play Philly. When we play in the playoffs, these little prissy teams like the Colts, Lions, and Bears may allow that to slide, but the Eagles won’t. The 49ers (who are still a good team, mind you. They won 33-17 last night, have CMC, an excellent defense, and a great coaching staff). Even Bucs and Brady. They will not allow this self destruction. And what happens when we self destruct early? We start to throw. And what happens when we throw too much and rely on Dak? We lose. It’d be another wasted year, except worse. A wasted talented defense (with run flaws). Waste of Pollards last cheap and excellent year.

He threw for 170 yards last night and still played poorly. The run game and defense are what saved this team. He had short field on majority of his drives and struggled and was only saved by our run game and ridiculous catches made by Ceedee and Gallup. Something needs to be done. Now we need a plan of action.

Next year’s draft isn’t looking too good for those looking to invest in QBs and we can’t trade. We’ll likely need to draft in 2024 for a QB. We need to prepare now. Sign Pollard, cut Zeke, prepare for Dak to leave in 24/25 ish and go from there.

Until then, we need to make like McVay in 2018 when he got Goff to a Super Bowl. Hide his flaws as much as possible. It will be hard because Dak’s intangibles are much harder to hide that Goff’s, who’s only real intangibility was inability to read a defense.

Anyone else have any input on what should be done? What can we do to assure this team’s chances of success can remain high?

Garbage post.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That's the price of keeping a starting QB in the NFL. You don't pay Dak $40m someone else does and your team is sucking *** while you spend a decade looking for a starting QB. The QB search is a total crapshoot. Selecting him in the first round is no guarantee. Those are misses at least as often as they're hits, and you miss on those guys it will you set your organization back years. Dak's 40-mil puts him tied for #8 highest-paid QB in the NFL. Herbert, Hurts, Jackson, etc are coming up and will knock Dak out of the top-10. Does that make his money tenable?

Besides that, Dak is averaging more than 35 points a game in his starts, most of ANY QB in the league, and over 40 since Tampa. He could be Russel Wilson, Kyler Murray or Desean Watson at or pushing $50m. Rather have Wentz at $32m or Cousins at 35? It'll be interesting to see what it takes to keep him next time, but right now Dak's points to money ratio looks pretty good to me. And it's not like this is new. Dak led the #1 offense in the league last year too. You can argue post-season and have a point, but Dan Marino never won a ring.

Cold hard facts

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
My biggest complaint with Dak the last couple of years is his hesitation. He's so focused on ball security that he won't let it rip. I always said I'd give up a few more picks if he would just throw the ball and trust his guys to make a play.

I love that he is finally doing that. He trusts his WRs, his team and his arm. Now he needs to find some balance.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A true elite QB like Mahomes. Am I crazy for thinking we need a player like that? Surely you don't believe Dak is that guy.

Any chump in the world can dream about Mahomes and complain that we dont have him. But no, its not reality. Dak is plenty good enough to win the SB.

Complaining that we dont have Mahomes is what know nothing cry babies do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My biggest complaint with Dak the last couple of years is his hesitation. He's so focused on ball security that he won't let it rip. I always said I'd give up a few more picks if he would just throw the ball and trust his guys to make a play.

I love that he is finally doing that. He trusts his WRs, his team and his arm. Now he needs to find some balance.

Never heard that ever once and never thought about it ever once. Thats the most laughable complaint I have EVER heard.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Another ridiculous post that should be moved to the “Irrelevant” zone, but instead, the originator got exactly what he wanted…..attention.

I don’t know any of the guys who spew the poorly timed venom every week, but I have no doubt that some of them just want a white QB and will only accept an alternative if he’s perfect and wins a bunch of SBs.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Another ridiculous post that should be moved to the “Irrelevant” zone, but instead, the originator got exactly what he wanted…..attention.
Considering the posters original name. Amarichill. You shouldnt be surprised. Unless you didnt know it was him under a new username.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Never heard that ever once and never thought about it ever once. Thats the most laughable complaint I have EVER heard.

There was a video posted last year by Kurt Warner evaluating Dak and it came up several times where the throw was there, Dak had the right read but he just held the ball and checked down. I think that's been pretty common with Dak. My point is that i'd rather he trust his eyes and read and keep trying to squeeze the ball into windows more often. And I think he's doing it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They will extend Dak to another 10 years 1 Billion dollar contract.
Oh, the glory.......:muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There was a video posted last year by Kurt Warner evaluating Dak and it came up several times where the throw was there, Dak had the right read but he just held the ball and checked down. I think that's been pretty common with Dak. My point is that i'd rather he trust his eyes and read and keep trying to squeeze the ball into windows more often. And I think he's doing it.

So one guy pointed it out a year ago and this is where you got your opinion? The year he came back and was hurt?

Not seeing it. If anything, he needs to learn to check down the football more. Anyone can break down a film after a loss and point out things the QB didnt do right.

Only thing common with Dak is for the 3rd year in a row, when he is the QB he leads the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
If you're serious, stop.

Stuff is terrible for your body.

I'm not looking down my nose at you; just hate seeing people do this to themselves. Even if I don't know you.

No I am kidding it was reference to the movie Airplane. No drugs or alcohol for me. I am clean.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
So one guy pointed it out a year ago and this is where you got your opinion? The year he came back and was hurt?

Not seeing it. If anything, he needs to learn to check down the football more. Anyone can break down a film after a loss and point out things the QB didnt do right.

Only thing common with Dak is for the 3rd year in a row, when he is the QB he leads the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.

No, I'm appealing to an authority other than mine own to validate an opinion I already had. I loved his risk aversion the first few years, but felt that he became overly cautious and wouldn't risk the throw enough when it was there or 50/50.

Yes, we have a very good scoring offense. I'm a big Dak fan. Before this year I also wanted him to press more.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I'm appealing to an authority other than mine own to validate an opinion I already had. I loved his risk aversion the first few years, but felt that he became overly cautious and wouldn't risk the throw enough when it was there or 50/50.

Yes, we have a very good scoring offense. I'm a big Dak fan. Before this year I also wanted him to press more.

The guy lead the NFL in 2020 and 2021 in passing yards and scoring. And you want him to press more? Not understanding.

One guy analyzing a loss doesnt make it so. For that game possibly, but doenst mean that is a career issue.