The question is which player does Belichick take out?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Pats have the best secondary in the NFL. They aren't going to have the same problems the Lions had trying to stay with our wrs. They will load up to stop the run and man-up on the outside.

And if that is not working, they will adapt.
Basically this. But they won't be able to get a passrush without blitzing.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, one area of huge disparity is special teams. Pats is among the best and ours is........on the short bus. The game could easilly come down to a few stupid plays.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
All I know is we need Kellen Moore to call a hell of a game, and our pass rush needs to be the best its been against Brady. Once he feels pressure and gets those hits he will be thinking of it all game.

Creeper

Reaction score
He is going to play nickel the whole game knowing the Cowboys can't black anyone in the running game. I am only being mildly sarcastic.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, one area of huge disparity is special teams. Pats is among the best and ours is........on the short bus. The game could easilly come down to a few stupid plays.
Exactly. Our STs look like they are a bunch of guys totally irrelevant to the game. A mistake like the one Bennett did last night might be too costly.

dfense

Reaction score
Pretty sure he'll take Cooper and Gallup away. Coincidental that run defense has been their defenses weakness. Never a better time for Zeke than this.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The way the Pats coaching staff works...by Friday they would have already beaten this team, figured us out, come up with Plans A, B, and C. The game almost seems like a second thought for them.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty sure he'll take Cooper and Gallup away. Coincidental that run defense has been their defenses weakness. Never a better time for Zeke than this.

I was looking at that......... its very odd that a team that doesn't give up points is ranked 24th against the run. Baltimore is the only offense thats cracked the code. Nobody else has scored more than 14 points on them.

John813

Reaction score
Well Gilmore will shadow Cooper iirc.

Probably mimic what they did to Gurley in the sb for Zeke. Probably make Dak try to beat them but show odd looks in possible blitzes and coverages. Maybe force him into throws he's not used to making.

Praxit

Reaction score
He is so unorthodox that in one home game, be chose to take Witten, Romo's blankie, out of the game. No one, especially Romo and the coaching staff, saw that coming.

Before this season, the answer would have been simple, Elliott because Prescott needed Elliott and now that has reversed. The Cowboys need to use the passing game to open up the run game.

Can Belichick, because his CB's can play well, take both Cooper and Elliott out?

You can't tell anything from that PHL game, they made it easy on Belichick by not having Howard, Jackson and Jeffery but he did let the game ride a little on Goedert and he dropped the ball.....too many times.

The more important question is with this being Moore's first game against him, which player does he think Belichick takes out and how does he overcome that?

Smart money says it's Cooper but just like Prescott has proven he doesn't have to have Elliott, he doesn't have to have Cooper. He's made that move to the open receiver as a QB.

I hope Young Kellen has studied his adversary well because he's going up against the best at giving an OC one look and changing that and making more than one adjustment during the game.

Everything has been just training up until this trip to where he coaches the best and his team plays the best. This is THE game I've been waiting for to see just what Kellen's got, what he's learned and what he's about to learn to make him a better OC. And this will not be about execution or results but more about can he play chess with a champion?

One thing for sure, Prescott is not getting the time in the pocket he's been getting.

..I watched the Raven game Vs Patriots. Jackson has great feet. He used them, that gave Patriots fits all day. It also set up the run and pass. They ran for over 150yds that day.

Dak has good feet, not great feet I would use them. Its one more weapon to add to your arsenal. One thing yer right about, Dak wont have much time to throw. Especially, on short yardage that's when Billyboy like to blitz.

Philly stood in there all the way to the end yesterday. I expect the same with Dallas game.

kskboys

Reaction score
Which quarter? Seriously, Bellychickens is known to change plans mid game, or mid series.

erod

Reaction score
He'll still gang up on Zeke.

Put it on Dak, then disguise the hell out of coverages. That's the book on Dallas, but only elite defenses can pull it off. The Cowboys protection and receivers are too much for undermanned defenses.

Very similar to what the Saints did.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think they take a player away in this game. They have a very good D but Dallas has a lot of weapons. What I think they will do is take part of the field away, make Dak make throws he doesn't like and not very good at. I think they will flood the middle of the field and short zones, make Dak complete the 15-20 yard outs and come backs. This will allow for more pressure. I think it is essential in this game that we run the ball and run it well. And our D has to show up.
yes run efficiently and throw a lot of screens and timely throws but at this point its hard for any team to pick who to take out, they've been doing zeke and the run game but the Vikings/Lions paid for this with the pass game being dominant, nearly unstoppable..I did see Ravens use a lot of strong run schemes 3 Tes and a RB with QB threat as runner and all the motion etc really hurt NE.. so we should try that a lot..

However I dont watch a lot of the NE games but they are stronger in coverage etc so im assuming they take that away and let the DC try and go long slow drives until they make the mistake.. so they may just play the run straight up and go more converges.. can we do that? long drives and pass when needed into tight coverages without making the big mistake??

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
FB pass to flats until they stop it
Bubble screen to Jarwin until they stop it
Slant to Elliott until they stop it

after this who knows, hope and pray Elliott / Pollard can be effective running it so we can have 3 or 4 successful PA plays

Moore / Garrett REALLY need to dust off the plays in the back of the playbook this week

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Pats are the top D in the league and very stout against the pass. The Hoodie is going to mix things up, not show a focus on any one player and try to make Dak turn it over with disguised coverages.

They will attack the middle of the field on the Cowboys D and will return every kick and punt while making the Cowboys do the same.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I expect Dak to see a lot of zero blitz like the ones the Jets threw at us, and I saw the Pats throw that same look at Wentz a few times last night.

Wouldn't be shocked if they neutralized Cooper or Zeke as well.

Verdict

Reaction score
I am not sure The Hoodie will try to take anyone out. I think he will 1. Try to put pressure on Dak (lack of time to throw) and 2. Go for turnovers.

That’s what I would do if I were the Patriots.