The question is which player does Belichick take out?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
In any event, the Cowboys team will certainly have their work cut out for them to make a favorable impression at Gillette Stadium, come Sunday. The entire Cowboys team will be seriously challenged to play mistake-free football on both sides of the ball, without a doubt. Let's see if Garrett is able to overcome his tendency to "coach scared," as several critics being interviewed on NFL Network have stated recently. ;)

Let's see if Garrett is able to coach at all. He can't outcoach a rookie HC, much less outsmart Bill. It will be a case of what it always is: beating the man in front of you. And absolutely NO stupid mistakes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He will take our offense out , by keeping our Defense on , long time consuming dink and dunk possessions, which will break the bend bend and break D . When our offense gets on the field, pass rush the ... of dak and make him uncomfortable and induce mistakes , plus their secondary is good.
Well done !

cowboyec

Reaction score
my guess is Amari Cooper.
he'll try to take away Dak's best target.
or it's Zeke.
either way.....Dak just needs to play his game.
the key is not turn the ball-over and cash in those red-zone trips.
we need our defense to bend and not break.
I think Our LBs...Smith and LVE and our Corners...Jones/Awuzie/Lewis need to have solid games.
beating NE is doable....we need all hands on deck.
but our LBs must be better tackling in the run game and our CBs need to hold up.
they will be tested.
I like our DLine to get pressure on Brady.
it means nothing if we have piss poor tackling and our CBs don't do the job.
like the saints game last year....I have this feeling we will do the impossible.

MaaS

Reaction score
Dallas just has too many weapons to cover when Dak has all day, which he usually does. My guess is he plays bump and run and brings middle pressure to disrupt Dak. Gilmore and McCourty are really good and can probably hold up on Cooper and Gallup for a few seconds.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Dak's running ability ends up being a big weapon in this game.

I also hope we use hurry-up/no-huddle more.
this will obviously be the best defense we've faced all season...anything to get an advantage,keep drives alive and #12 off the field will be huge.

sbark

Reaction score
Time for Elliott to earn that salary as a receiver? That has been the greatest underuse of his talent since he became a Cowboy. He should be getting McCaffery type targets.
Bill b. Will show and send pressure enough that Zeke stays in on protection....and thus keeps pollard, even jarwin on the sidelines

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
lol Garrett is going to be embarrassingly outcoached. Fluke turnovers and broken plays are the only way we are going to win.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Bill plans to take Cooper out. He’s the guy on offense who can make that big play and spark things.
Agreed, plus he is hurting. Gallup has to step up (and did vs Det) and Cobb has to stop offsetting good plays with bonehead ones. They could win this game without the usual unpreparedness, but....

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Dak's running ability ends up being a big weapon in this game.

I also hope we use hurry-up/no-huddle more.
this will obviously be the best defense we've faced all season...anything to get an advantage,keep drives alive and #12 off the field will be huge.

I like the no huddle approach. Keep their D on the field-- gets Dak into rhythm. Running Dak 8-10 times will also help keep the D honest.

Belichik is going to bring the pressure. Our OL have not handled the blitz particularly well-- especially up the middle. Dak gets happy feet and loses his mechanics under duress as well, and our WRs don't always seem to make the correct hot reads either. If I am BB-- I am crowding the LOS on every play, bringing pressure 60% of the time, and backing out 40% of the time just to confuse and frustrate Dak.

With the OL being nicked up-- I think our offense breaks down under this kind of approach. Will Dak make a few big plays? Maybe. But will that be enough to keep up with Brady as he carves up our basic defensive scheme? No.

Tough to see a W on Sun. Gotta come out with their hair on fire and throw the kitchen sink at them for 60 mins to have a chance. Need STs to play well-- and they haven't since Bisaccia went to the Raiders

Scotman

Reaction score
He's going to shut down Zeke. His CBs are good enough in their own right to not have to get fancy back there. He will keep everything in front of them.

I would run Dak early and often enough that they have to adjust for it. We haven't done that. The second they adjust, and they will, take a shot.

If we go into this game with ONE plan, we are going to lose. We need to have several different game plans. Kellen needs to anticipate the adjustments that the dark overlord will make and be ready at each turn. I don't think he can keep up, but that's what he needs to do.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Which quarter? Seriously, Bellychickens is known to change plans mid game, or mid series.
I think Gilmore is going to travel with Cooper who's making a push for Defensive player of the year.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is so unorthodox that in one home game, be chose to take Witten, Romo's blankie, out of the game. No one, especially Romo and the coaching staff, saw that coming.

Before this season, the answer would have been simple, Elliott because Prescott needed Elliott and now that has reversed. The Cowboys need to use the passing game to open up the run game.

Can Belichick, because his CB's can play well, take both Cooper and Elliott out?

You can't tell anything from that PHL game, they made it easy on Belichick by not having Howard, Jackson and Jeffery but he did let the game ride a little on Goedert and he dropped the ball.....too many times.

The more important question is with this being Moore's first game against him, which player does he think Belichick takes out and how does he overcome that?

Smart money says it's Cooper but just like Prescott has proven he doesn't have to have Elliott, he doesn't have to have Cooper. He's made that move to the open receiver as a QB.

I hope Young Kellen has studied his adversary well because he's going up against the best at giving an OC one look and changing that and making more than one adjustment during the game.

Everything has been just training up until this trip to where he coaches the best and his team plays the best. This is THE game I've been waiting for to see just what Kellen's got, what he's learned and what he's about to learn to make him a better OC. And this will not be about execution or results but more about can he play chess with a champion?

One thing for sure, Prescott is not getting the time in the pocket he's been getting.
So we have the offensive mind of yet to shave Kellen Moore vs. the GOAT defensive mind of Bill Belechick. Lol. What could go wrong?

Seriously, I think Belechick will see disrupting Dak as the key to stopping the Cowboys offense because that’s the truth. I think he will throw a barrage of creative blitz packages and coverages at Dak much like he did against Jared Goff in the SB last year. I actually think our running game will have a chance to make some plays.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak has to run in this game till they stop it . Bellichick will throw the kitchen sink at Dak and hope for a TO to get us playing from behind . Hopefully we practiced executing and defending screen passes this week .
Our defense has to get hits on Brady, Bennett, DLaw , Quinn all need to get a piece. We cant let our selves get beat by Edelman thats all they have .

We have enough weapons to get this done but we cant turn the ball over and get penalized . Brady thrives on these extra opportunities his defense gives him

MikeB80

Reaction score
My response to the thread title.

I hope he takes out Tom Brady.

In all seriousness, I remember the 07 game and Belichick put his effort on Witten not owens and used pressure to to try and get the ball out quick. That was a fun game. Witten still made a couple of great plays in that game.

so its not always the obvious. I can see Belichick taking out Gallup and betting that Cooper is not healthy enough to run around in the cold for 3 hours and beat him.

or just mixing coverages on dak and making him stand there and hold the ball creating pressure and making Dallas punt a lot.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I could see Belichick designing a game plan of keep away. If there is one weakness of the Pat's its defending the run. Their secondary is very good. They will play man to man and are tough. Dak needs to mix in some designed QB runs so those CBs cant turn their backs and run with the WRs.

shabazz

Reaction score
I was looking at that......... its very odd that a team that doesn't give up points is ranked 24th against the run. Baltimore is the only offense thats cracked the code. Nobody else has scored more than 14 points on them.

Llamar Jackson cracked the code with his legs. He passed for about 160 yards but his runs on 3rd and long were back breakers that Belichick couldn't contain.

Dakota may not have to get the 60+ rushing yards Jackson got but he will have to use his legs to some extent to have a chance. He might just pull this off