Twitter: The Raiders are raiding our scouting department

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
There are thousands of people who can do these jobs.

Identifying talent and how it fits into your system is not something that is hard to learn and even the best that have ever done it are wrong a lot.

So how are you enjoying being a scouter?

nobody

Reaction score
2 Things - One have your ever lived in God's Country (Northern CA)? That is a huge upgrade over Dallas Texas area. Two, anyone that has been a Cowboys scout for 31 years was one leg out the door.

As long as McClay, Vital, Garrett (Judd), and Chris Hall are in place, Cowboys have no worries.

Also, The Cowboys lost 3 people in the Personnel Department. What a lot of people missed is that Tom Ciskowski retired. He was Jimmy Johnson last hire to the scouting department. Jimmy had Ciskowski stay on top of a little known OL at Sonoma St. The rest is Cowboys and Hall of Fame History.

Ciskowski ran the drafts as Director of Pro Player Personnel from 2008-2013 with mix results.

lol, that's the funniest joke I've seen all day! Thanks!

I've lived in both. I'll take Texas 99 times out of 100 over California.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Our chief scout has things under control.

o-JERRY-JONES-facebook-300x207.jpg
:omg::omg::omg:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
There are thousands of people who can do these jobs.

Identifying talent and how it fits into your system is not something that is hard to learn and even the best that have ever done it are wrong a lot.

"Identfying talent and how it fits is not something that is hard to learn.... even the best do it wrong a lot"

That might be the biggest contradictory paragraph I've ever seen on these boards.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

The Cowboys have lost their second scout to the Oakland Raiders with Walter Juliff leaving to join Mike Mayock’s staff, according to sources. The Raiders named Jim Abrams, the Cowboys’ West Coast scout, as their director of college scouting after the draft. Juliff spent 31 years with the Cowboys and served as a national scout for the last eight years.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Bunch of losers them Raiders are! Why isn't Jerry willing to pay his scouts more in order to keep them?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
"Identfying talent and how it fits is not something that is hard to learn.... even the best do it wrong a lot"

That might be the biggest contradictory paragraph I've ever seen on these boards.
That did have me scratching my head for a second.

Plankton

Reaction score
Bold are gone. So some of these lower level scouts make get promoted to area or national scout.

Will McClay, Vice President Player Personnel
David Burch, Director of Football Operations Technology
Tom Ciskowski, Senior Executive, College Scouting
Alex Loomis, Director of Pro Scouting
Tom Robinson, Director of Football Research
Lionel Vital, Director of College Scouting
Chris Hall, Assistant Director of College Scouting
Jim Abrams, Area Scout, West Coast
Rich Behm, Scouting Video Coordinator
Drew Fabianich, National College Scout
Elton Faggett, iOS Developer
Sam Garza, Area Scout, Southwest
Terry Gray, Pro Scouting Coordinator
Walter Juliff, National College Scout
Jessica McClanahan, Scouting Administrative Assistant
Mitch LaPoint, National College Scout
Brett Maxie II, College Scout
Henry Sroka, Pro Scout
Justin Stucky, Area Scout, Northeast
Chris Vaughn, Area Scout, Southeast
Ross Wuensche, Area Scout, mid-states

Shouldn't Spaulding's name be on this list?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the time of year where you make changes to your scouting department. Has nothing to do with what just occurred in the draft.

GMO415

Reaction score
Considering Dallas has been drafting well, I'm not surprised.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This is the time of year where you make changes to your scouting department. Has nothing to do with what just occurred in the draft.
Hopefully the new guys coming in can find your QB? Yes?
Unless you'd like to trust your main man McClay...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I understand it’s contradictory but I feel it’s right. Good scouts are wrong about players a lot.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
2 Things - One have your ever lived in God's Country (Northern CA)? That is a huge upgrade over Dallas Texas area. Two, anyone that has been a Cowboys scout for 31 years was one leg out the door.

As long as McClay, Vital, Garrett (Judd), and Chris Hall are in place, Cowboys have no worries.

Also, The Cowboys lost 3 people in the Personnel Department. What a lot of people missed is that Tom Ciskowski retired. He was Jimmy Johnson last hire to the scouting department. Jimmy had Ciskowski stay on top of a little known OL at Sonoma St. The rest is Cowboys and Hall of Fame History.

Ciskowski ran the drafts as Director of Pro Player Personnel from 2008-2013 with mix results.
I wouldn't call northern CA God's country. Scorched Earth would be more appropriate.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
The job is not that hard.

Identifying traits and how they fit into your system is not that difficult. Any hardcore fan could do it and on top of that you get more information when you get to that level so it would be even easier..

I picture this exactly as what some yes man told Jerry back in the day.
@Risen Star can confirm.