The Real Problem

conner01

Reaction score
I agree I just think we need our best 5, then let them jell. I think Lael is one of those 5. He is a powerhouse who can move people off the ball. Right now, it appears that would be better at LG.
I don’t know if he’s better at LG, he hasn’t played LG in a few years. But what ever the staff feels is best option then do it and stick to it

khiladi

Reaction score
I mean this ain’t Zeke 2016, where he was annihilating extra men in the box. This is year 6, past the real shelf life of most RBs, and Dallas still sees 8 in the box, which allows our resident ‘Peak’ QB to throw against man coverage probably more than any other QB in the league, putting up some big statistical numbers here and there, yet he still is mediocre.

Zeke is injured right now, but he’s still effective in helping Dak pad his stats, by being a great blocker and his timing in blitz pickups is among the best. I said back in 2018 they’ve essentially turned Zeke into a pass blocker for Dak.

The problem is the QB, who is not elite. The RG still gives you the looks you want to exploit defenses. It’s not like Dak is forcing teams into heavy zone regularly.

conner01

Reaction score
They didn't rotate linemen like I have been suggesting for weeks...if not months. Do as I say, I guarantee this Oline will improve.

Free advice for Jerry IF he wants to listen.
I don’t remember what you had suggested
But oline is a position you have to work together, see the same things and coordinate together.
They need to play together
I would have put Collins at LT and left Steele at right. Then I would have gave Collins help a game or two till he settled in
I don’t know that we aren’t gonna need help at LT more this year. Bone spurs don’t go away

conner01

Reaction score
Schultz wiffed on like three blocks tonight. He's a liability in the red zone. Frfr

He made a couple of good catches but then dropped a couple of easy balls

If he makes the block on the 2 point conversion or the catch on 3rd down that hit him in the hands maybe we win.

He's just way too involved in our offense for a mediocre skilled player. Especially on critical downs.

I though he made a couple of good catches esp on the TD but we were just playing the raiders who are a .500 team at best imo.

I still think we need more dual RB formations and 4 wr sets. Esp on critical downs.

Today is the first time hes even come close to making a game winning catch for us.

Close means LOSING btw

I've been waiting on a Cowboy Te to catch a Game winning TD or make a game winning play for like 15 years. Lmao

Horseshoes and Hand Grenades and coulda woulda shouldas like ALWAYS
He is far from mediocre
He’s really good but he’s not a great blocker like many of the better receiving TE around the league aren’t

Shadowfax

Reaction score
the college offense KMoore is using doesn’t give us a strong ground game.

I imagine he was told to run it more.

Started out strong, but faded by the 2nd qtr.

as soon as we get down a score, it’s abandoned.

and teams are playing that 2 man coverage Denver used.

which is taking a way that check down in the flats to the RB.
This is a VERY astute observation. I agree . Further, NFL coordinators have more film on him now. Let’s see if his is a boy genius and makes the necessary changes to address what defenses have figured out. He is going to have to understand that we have to run it more to be effective and abandoning it so early because you don’t think it is working is killing us.

Shadowfax

Reaction score
I don’t know if he’s better at LG, he hasn’t played LG in a few years. But what ever the staff feels is best option then do it and stick to it
Agreed. I just have to believe Lael is one of those 5 even though he is out of shape right now.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Everyone points to Jerry, but the insider’s will tell you that he would do anything to win a Super Bowl.

I think we are heading in the right direction, but need to get the OL fixed so we can run it more effectively.

They also have to get these penalties addressed. That is coaching in my opinion, but can also be due to lack of talent. We have upgraded a lot since Mike arrived. Still have a ways to go to upgrade the talent in some positions. Not too far off though.

I don't really think Jerry would do anything to get to a super bowl. He says that and is a fantastic salesman but in the heat of the moment, Jerry frequently tries to protect himself and his reputation in the short term and in doing so, sacrifices long term results. Beyond that, he just isn't that good of a talent evaluator yet he insists on sticking his nose in from time to time.

The owners that are willing to turn their organization over to the best people they can hire and give them a blank check to win are truly the ones who will "do anything to win".

Shadowfax

Reaction score
I don't really think Jerry would do anything to get to a super bowl. He says that and is a fantastic salesman but in the heat of the moment, Jerry frequently tries to protect himself and his reputation in the short term and in doing so, sacrifices long term results. Beyond that, he just isn't that good of a talent evaluator yet he insists on sticking his nose in from time to time.

The owners that are willing to turn their organization over to the best people they can hire and give them a blank check to win are truly the ones who will "do anything to win".
Fair point. What everyone says is that he only breaks ties when the talent evaluators can’t agree. That is how we got Connor McGovern. Still, I think he will do anything to win as long as he is involved.

uvaballa

Reaction score
When is the last time 55 has made an impact play? Thought dude was going to be a beast. The defense needs their returning star players to play great to have any shot at a deep playoff run.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is a VERY astute observation. I agree . Further, NFL coordinators have more film on him now. Let’s see if his is a boy genius and makes the necessary changes to address what defenses have figured out. He is going to have to understand that we have to run it more to be effective and abandoning it so early because you don’t think it is working is killing us.
I still love me some KMo. However, he needs help. He was far from ready to be an OC at the NFL level, simply promoted way too soon. He has some great ideas and calls some great games, but quite simply has far too many holes in his playcalling at present. The biggest one, of course, being how and when to run the ball. No, it's not simply a matter of handing the ball to the RB. He needs help in this corner, and badly. C'mon, Jerry, there's no salary cap for the coaching staff, go get someone.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I still love me some KMo. However, he needs help. He was far from ready to be an OC at the NFL level, simply promoted way too soon. He has some great ideas and calls some great games, but quite simply has far too many holes in his playcalling at present. The biggest one, of course, being how and when to run the ball. No, it's not simply a matter of handing the ball to the RB. He needs help in this corner, and badly. C'mon, Jerry, there's no salary cap for the coaching staff, go get someone.

you know big Mike wants his buddy from Green Bay to be the OC, instead of being the OL coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The real problem is on offense we are missing are top two receivers and both are starting DEs on defense. In the salary cap era it’s hard to win when hit with substantial injuries.

More then that. Both starting DT's as well, starting strong safety. Zeke is hurting as well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t care if I’m hijacking the thread.

We’ve lost 4 games this season. Two of those losses were a DIRECT RESULT of getting royally SCREWED by the officials.

They did their best when we were in New England too, but we survived that one. It only cost us a calf strain to our QB in overtime.

We’d all be feeling great today if we were 9-2 and coming off a win. The piece of **** refs have been jobbing us all ****ing year.

Remember those 2 clear-as-day QB sneak TDs by Dak this year? And how we somehow didn’t get credit for either of them???

It’s ridiculous. I watch an unhealthy amount of NFL football, not just the Cowboys, and I’m telling you guys: we get screwed more often than any other team.

Oh, we’re also 1st in the NFL in penalty yards against us this year.

At some point, you have to just laugh at the bull****.
:laugh:

Thats why I am laughing at your conspiracy claims. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, this was a terribly officiated game (just like the NE game in my opinion), but the real issue is the running game.

We came into this game with every intention of running the football. It appeared that the plan was to run Pollard early, then bring in Zeke to finish them off. Unfortunately, either we again refused to stay with the run, or the worst running defense in the league wouldn’t allow it. Either way, this is, and remains, the real issue with this team. Until we get this fixed, we are not going to do well in the playoffs (if we even make it).

For my money, (as I posted over a month ago) I still think we need Lael at LG and McGovern at C. I am not sure that McGovern can even snap, but Tyler isn’t getting it done. I think this lineup would allow us to run right at teams and wear them down. Whatever they decide to do, we have to get this fixed.
Lol!! You don't know if he can snap but you want him at center! You guys crack me up!!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
Thats why I am laughing at your conspiracy claims. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Keep hoping someday, over the rainbow, the Cowboys are gifted a win by the refs like 2 of our opponents this year.

Pigs might fly too.
:thumbup:

morat1959

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Nailed it. Some will never see it.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, this was a terribly officiated game (just like the NE game in my opinion), but the real issue is the running game.

We came into this game with every intention of running the football. It appeared that the plan was to run Pollard early, then bring in Zeke to finish them off. Unfortunately, either we again refused to stay with the run, or the worst running defense in the league wouldn’t allow it. Either way, this is, and remains, the real issue with this team. Until we get this fixed, we are not going to do well in the playoffs (if we even make it).

For my money, (as I posted over a month ago) I still think we need Lael at LG and McGovern at C. I am not sure that McGovern can even snap, but Tyler isn’t getting it done. I think this lineup would allow us to run right at teams and wear them down. Whatever they decide to do, we have to get this fixed.
We tried to run early vsRaiders and they were stuffing us.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Collins has serious hip surgery and is just back from it this season. I still prefer him beside Martin for the power on the right side. Steele is not yet powerful. Despite the penalties, I prefer Connor Williams at left guard….he is not powerful, but he is mobile and excellent at pulling and blocking in space on screens. Have you noticed that since he’s been out, our screen game stinks and the key blocks are being missed?

Biadesh is a JAG. Steele is weak at the point of attack and doesn’t get to the second level. McGovern — I’m not seeing what he brings to the table yet. It appears we are playing everyone, even rotating guys, to then determine who will be starting the final month and into the playoffs.

Zeke is a power runner behind a line that is not equipped for power blocking. Despite Martin and Smith, we have become a finesse OL, and that’s why Pollard is finding more success. We do not have the beef for the power game. Way back in the 90’s, most of our OL were 330 or more except for the center.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Keep hoping someday, over the rainbow, the Cowboys are gifted a win by the refs like 2 of our opponents this year.

Pigs might fly too.
:thumbup:

How did we possibly win 7 games with everyone against us? And those 5 SB wins? How did we do it?

Nav22

Reaction score
How did we possibly win 7 games with everyone against us? And those 5 SB wins? How did we do it?
Chris Godwin didn’t really push off Jourdan Lewis.

Michael Gallup shoved Jalen Ramsey really hard.

Nothing to see here!!!
:lmao2:

We won 7 games because we earned 9 wins and got screwed out of 2 of them.