News: The Real Reason We Didn't Sign Dak?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Why would they or he want him to play QB in the NFL? He's already on the ownership side. He can make more money, be just as famous & take none of the beating. That's winner, winner chicken dinner.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you seen him play? He got a scholarship because of the family ties to the university, pro football? Hell, he won't play college football but he will be an employee where nepotism reigns supreme.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Have you seen him play? He got a scholarship because of the family ties to the university, pro football? Hell, he won't play college football but he will be an employee where nepotism reigns supreme.

from what i saw in high school games he looked really good at that level. I don't think he has the arm strength or size to play in the nfl and would be shocked if he made a roster around the league.

I won't be shocked if he has a year or two of good play at arkansas and gets an invite to cowboys camp or mini camp and is used as an arm for the practices though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/john-stephen-jones/

Now hear me out. With Dak most likely playing on the franchise tag this year and next year. The grandson will be draft eligible after the 2021 season the same time it will be financially unfeasible to tag Dak a 3rd time. The timing lines up perfectly and Jerry and Stephen are idiots who have a history of letting Nepotism run wild in the organization.
What until the Dak hater slobberers get ahold to this. They gonna be wishing for Dak when they see the great John Stephens lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/john-stephen-jones/

Now hear me out. With Dak most likely playing on the franchise tag this year and next year. The grandson will be draft eligible after the 2021 season the same time it will be financially unfeasible to tag Dak a 3rd time. The timing lines up perfectly and Jerry and Stephen are idiots who have a history of letting Nepotism run wild in the organization.

I think we both know that there's no way the cap is going up next year. It might even drop a bit. No way can they afford to tag him again and have him take up 20% of the cap. They'll sign him or he'll be a FA.

Although Crawford and Lee will help a bit when they leave, Cooper will be a 10 million higher cap hit next year. Zeke will be higher, and Jaylon too. Then do we have anyone to sign? I just don't see dak being a 38 million dollar cap hit as even being an option.

plasticman

Reaction score
It would be hilarious if Jerry passed on his grandson in the 5th with the intention of taking him in the 6th only to see the Patriots draft him just ahead of them.

From there, with Belicek as his mentor, young Jones develops into the Patriot starter and leads them to the only Super Bowl the Cowboys play in before Jerry departs the world.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It would be hilarious if Jerry passed on his grandson in the 5th with the intention of taking him in the 6th only to see the Patriots draft him just ahead of them.

From there, with Belicek as his mentor, young Jones develops into the Patriot starter and leads them to the only Super Bowl the Cowboys play in before Jerry departs the world.

Man I have seen some bad wishes towards Jerrah before but you just wrote the most evil plan that could ever happen to him.......there wouldn't be enough Johnny Walker to sooth him....

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think we both know that there's no way the cap is going up next year. It might even drop a bit. No way can they afford to tag him again and have him take up 20% of the cap. They'll sign him or he'll be a FA.

Although Crawford and Lee will help a bit when they leave, Cooper will be a 10 million higher cap hit next year. Zeke will be higher, and Jaylon too. Then do we have anyone to sign? I just don't see dak being a 38 million dollar cap hit as even being an option.
cap will go up next year. and there will be some money available. They can probably restructure d laws deal as a way to find some $$.

cern

Reaction score
the young jones will eventually have a future with the cowboys. but he'll sit in the private luxury suite, where he's grown accustomed, not the bench on the sidelines.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
the young jones will eventually have a future with the cowboys. but he'll sit in the private luxury suite, where he's grown accustomed, not the bench on the sidelines.
This is a texas family we are talking about here. They would see his career as more of a success if he balls on the field. They got $$. When you have enough money to buy anything you want it's the things that are earned that create more value.

Flamma

Reaction score
cap will go up next year. and there will be some money available. They can probably restructure d laws deal as a way to find some $$.

How would the cap go up? It goes up roughly 10 mill. A year under the best of circumstances. They have to freeze the cap in order to borrow from future caps. I guess you're an optimist.

cern

Reaction score
This is a texas family we are talking about here. They would see his career as more of a success if he balls on the field. They got $$. When you have enough money to buy anything you want it's the things that are earned that create more value.
stephen played football in college. he didn't play football for the cowboys. the jones progeny will continue to run the business side of things like stephen, charlotte and john. even if young jones goes on to collegiate greatness and is drafted by another team, he will turn it down and work for dad and papaw.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Hennessy your killing me the Jones are not from Texas, you just offended the Texas population:) they from Cali then Arkansas

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Hennessy your killing me the Jones are not from Texas, you just offended the Texas population:) they from Cali then Arkansas
arkansas, texas, same difference. Plus they been in texas so long im sure theyve assimilated.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
stephen played football in college. he didn't play football for the cowboys. the jones progeny will continue to run the business side of things like stephen, charlotte and john. even if young jones goes on to collegiate greatness and is drafted by another team, he will turn it down and work for dad and papaw.
Stephen was trash. His son was at least was a 3 star recruit. played a few games as a redshirt freshman. jus sayin

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can scout it all you want most qb's come via the first 5 picks or luck. Teams have been lucking into guys being better than they thought and everyone overlooking them since the league started. Then the flip side is the jake locker's and akili smith's.

Like Mahomes, Brady, Brees, Romo, Dak, Staubach?

You missed your calling. You are definitely GM material. :muttley: