The real selfish and greedy guy in Big D

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our front office only had one task since the draft and FA . Get a deal done with our QB.

Ohhh. We made a nice offer BS. And sat on our hands for how many months. And then say we’re shocked we didn’t get a deal done. Amazing!!!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I got a problem with a player who is thinking about his contract , FOURS years from now. JJ put a very fair and competitive 5 yr contract offer on the table. There was enough money in it to take care of his ENTIRE family for generations to come. Not only would he been set for life, he actually could of come into camp knowing JJ & Co put together a team along with a new head coach that has the possibility of being VERY competitive for the next couple of seasons. Now he has to can to camp with this doubt circling around him. Every fricking day he's going to be asked about playing without a long term contract, which I personally think is going to affect his play this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The local and national media is ripping them a new awesome person. What a frikin embarrassment.

All this, we stood firm on our offer. Didn’t cave in BS. Over a year and basically 2 or 3 million a year. Unfrikinbelievable. If this was a regular GM he’d be fired .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys and Dak mutually got what they bargained for. Problem was, they both failed to compromise. That was a two-way mess! :omg:

DFWJC

Reaction score
In my opinion, it is complete hypocrisy to call out Dak Prescott or any other Cowboys player for being “financially selfish” and “not committed to winning” by not accepting a recent contract offer.

If Jerry Jones, the absolute poster boy for sports greed and selfishness ever starts putting a 100% commitment to winning ahead of his cash register and psychopathic obsession with getting “credit”, it might be fair to call out some players for putting greed ahead of winning.

When your owner/president/GM/chief jock and socks manager puts his ego, cash grab and selfishness first, you get what we’ve been getting the last 25 years. A lot of nothing when it comes to substantive playoff success. So if we as fans are going to call out greed, selfishness, and a lack of commitment to this team’s quest to regain its former luster, let’s call out the architect and person most responsible for everything we are and are not as a team.

Change ALWAYS starts at the top. If we expect things to get better ON the field, the change and the example of a commitment to place winning ahead of greed has to start in the billionaire owners box. You know, the guy who makes one billion a year but hasn’t won a divisional playoff game since Dak Prescott was 2 years old.

If Jerry ever shows us he is really committed to winning ahead of his ego and greed, maybe we could start calling out some players too.
Jerry has a HUGE reputation for paying (and over-paying) players.
What are you talking about!

People are hilarious around here

If he pays a huge salary to Zeke, D-Law, Cooper, Jaylon....he pays too much and isn't smart with his money.
If he offers Daka staggering 170-175 million for 5 years and 110-115 guaranteed...and Dak turns it down....
well....Jerry's greedy!

Being tight with his money has never been something Jerry has been routinely accused of.
Quiet the opposite!

Yes, Jerry (and probably especially Stephen and Will Clay) must share the blame here.
But greedy is not part of the equation.
The money will be spent---just maybe sptread around slightly more than Dak would like.

cern

Reaction score
I cannot agree with the op's premise. The major flaw in his argument is the existence of the salary cap. Aka, the pie. 53 players must be paid from the cap. To be competitive every team must have several "stars" which all command a large portion of the cap. When a single player, in this case dak, wants an inordinate proportion of the cap as well as a short term deal curtailing the team from being able to spread out his cap hit, he is guilty of being greedy. Not Jerry. Not Stephen. Dak. Actions speak louder than words.

cern

Reaction score
usatsi_10424507.jpg

CHEAP, FRUGAL, GREEDY....................
Not in the least. Zack, zeke, cooper, tank all paid among the highest at their positions. Dak was the greedy party.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has a HUGE reputation for paying (and over-paying) players.
What are you talking about!

People are hilarious around here

If he pays a huge salary to Zeke, D-Law, Cooper, Jaylon....he pays too much and isn't smart with his money.
If he offers Daka staggering 170-175 million for 5 years and 110-115 guaranteed...and Dak turns it down....
well....Jerry's greedy!

Being tight with his money has never been something Jerry has been routinely accused of.
Quiet the opposite!

Yes, Jerry (and probably especially Stephen and Will Clay) must share the blame here.
But greedy is not part of the equation.
The money will be spent---just maybe sptread around slightly more than Dak would like.
I agree. But this thread isn’t about Jerry’s money. It’s about his priorities. If we’re going to criticize a Cowboys player for not putting winning first, it’s hypocritical not to call Jerry out first and foremost for not putting winning ahead of his ego and greed. Him being the center of the organization the last 25 years has proven it doesn’t work. That’s pretty selfish to keep doing things his way.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cannot agree with the op's premise. The major flaw in his argument is the existence of the salary cap. Aka, the pie. 53 players must be paid from the cap. To be competitive every team must have several "stars" which all command a large portion of the cap. When a single player, in this case dak, wants an inordinate proportion of the cap as well as a short term deal curtailing the team from being able to spread out his cap hit, he is guilty of being greedy. Not Jerry. Not Stephen. Dak. Actions speak louder than words.
I’m talking about Jerry’s actions the last 25 years. Those actions have led us to three wild card playoff wins. The selfish obsession with being the centerpiece of this franchise is way worse than Dak not taking a contract offer. I’m not advocating for Dak here. I’m merely pointing out where the most significant selfishness is in this organization.

CWR

Reaction score
Look Dak will be gone.

The cowboys don't trust him like you thought they did. They saw what real fans without blinders on saw.

Like you all said when you thought he'd sign. Move on, it's over. Dude sealed his fate

#DontpayDak

"Real fans" wouldn't have franchised Dak either. You are half right. Jerry didn’t believe Dak was as good or valuable as some claim, BUT lets be real he still thinks more highly of Dak than the resident haters. If he followed some on here Dalton would be locked in as a starter and we'd have an extra 31.4 million.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well then we just have to wait and see. Not sure what the complaint is when we're not allowing the "change" to have a chance to "reflect".
We’ve been waiting 25 years. I don’t fault you for having optimism. But the last qtr century of Jones centered everything makes it hard for me to be optimistic.

50cent

Reaction score
You all said the same thing about "July"

"Oh no way we don't sign him by july, you haters will cry, the tag is just to prove we are serious about a deal and keeping him."

Yeah ok

#DontpayDak
Not me, nope. I hope Dak keeps signing the tag. Which they'll do next year too or prove even more how dysfunctional Jerry is.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The local and national media is ripping them a new awesome person. What a frikin embarrassment.

All this, we stood firm on our offer. Didn’t cave in BS. Over a year and basically 2 or 3 million a year. Unfrikinbelievable. If this was a regular GM he’d be fired .
there's a disconnect with the media and fans or media and customers or media and society.

Sure most of the media is blasting the organization, but I would say most fans and fans of others teams don't share the same "outrage".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not in the least. Zack, zeke, cooper, tank all paid among the highest at their positions. Dak was the greedy party.
Traded a 1st for Cooper, drafted Zeke 4th overall and Zack a top 15 pick. He had no choice but to sign them. Go look at other quality players who were not top picks. Byron was a late round pick....gone. Collins a 3rd rounder....gone. Dak a 4th rounder...franchise tagged. He did sign Lawrence after the franchise tag though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never said that. Ever

Risen was the first to sniff out Dak.

I could call you a Dak Attack clone. You try to be like him, praising Dak bad riding him like a horse.

Fake Dak Attack 09

#DontpayDak
That's fine. I'll be the "fake Dak attack"....still doesn't change that you are trying to be Risen. Why didn't you aim higher in regards to wanting to emulate someone?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
there's a disconnect with the media and fans or media and customers or media and society.

Sure most of the media is blasting the organization, but I would say most fans and fans of others teams don't share the same "outrage".
Cowboyszone isn't a great representation of the fans outrage.