The Reality of Jerry Jones GM and Owner

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like I said that was a technicality. For some reason you’re hung up on that.
Go collect unemployment. If you’re fired you’ll get your check. That word fired better be in there. Words matter my cowboy brother

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry Jones took one drunk night to fire a back to back winning Super Bowl Head Coach in Jimmy Johnson.

He will take until Jason Garrett's contract actually expires (1-14-2020) to part from a coach that lost 4 games that decided the NFC East and playoffs in 4 different season 3 of which was in a row, was interim HC coach that finished 6-10, went 4-12, 9-7, and 8-8 the non-playoff seasons. So Garrett 10 years had 7 non playoff seasons.

Jerry Jones does not take long to make decisions. He fired Tom Landry the day he became the owner of the Dallas Cowboys and was seen at a Dallas Restaurant the night before with his new Head Coach, he meet with Bill Parcells to be the HC of the Cowboys while Dave Campo was still HC, he passed on Randy Moss even though he had a scout with plane tickets in wait for the future HOF and 100 yr All time WR, he quickly he traded a 1st and 3rd round pick for a WR that team went 0-16 and then hired the 0-16 HC as DC. So why so long for Jason Garrett.

Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells drove Jerry Jones crazy because to get both meant giving up total control. He eventually will get it back. But giving it up is hard. Taking it back is hard. That is the reason for the wait and stress. Jimmy Johnson hung on to full control from 1989-1994, Parcells 2002-2007. Jerry does not want to give 5 years of his late 70's to that type of Super Bowl winning Head Coach. His 12 year experiment with Jason Garrett learning on the Job to be his Tom Landry failed.

With his age at 77, the next HC would likely survive him or at least have more input with Stephen Jones and Will McClay than his input at Owner, GM, and Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Cowboy fans want a GM and Head Coach not named Jerry Jones and it is killing him to lose his control he lost from his own football failures. This will take time. Jerry Jones has time (Garrett expiring contact date), and money (5 Billion dollar franchise).
parcells started to lose control after his second year....when Jerry went out and got TO, despite parcells objections and several other moves....parcells decided he had enough and he knew he wasn't going to win anything in dallas. he was smart and left

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
parcells started to lose control after his second year....when Jerry went out and got TO, despite parcells objections and several other moves....parcells decided he had enough and he knew he wasn't going to win anything in dallas. he was smart and left
He’s just not going to take his hands off he hast to micromanage.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Go collect unemployment. If you’re fired you’ll get your check. That word fired better be in there. Words matter my cowboy brother
It doesn’t matter in this situation. What a ridiculous analogy for this situation. Lol

And for the record if your firing or termination is justified you may not receive that unemployment check.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep

But there’s some fans who will argue Jerry didn’t run Bill off early. Just like those over Jimmy.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It doesn’t matter in this situation. What a ridiculous analogy for this situation. Lol

And for the record if your firing or termination is justified you may not receive that unemployment check.
Admit it . You’re trying to argue something that’s factual LMAO. Have your really stooped that low. Come on you’re better than that. It was a perfect Analogy. But Jason right now did you get fired can you collect unemployment. Needing it has nothing to do with it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I already acknowledged. And I also said it was a technicality.
There’s no technicality at all LMAO. He was fired or he wasn’t. And the word fired was never said. I love it because you can’t win this one

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He’s just not going to take his hands off he hast to micromanage.
at 77 he is even moer desparate. if he realized to stay out of it for 3 years, he would have a championship, but he cares more about Dallas Brand and having his name mentioned as the reason behind the success. his ego gets in the way. everytime...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s no technicality at all LMAO. He was fired or he wasn’t. And the word fired was never said. I love it because you can’t win this one
It’s not that simple. It might be for you. And why I’ve said you are hung up on a Technicality.

This isn’t about winning anything. There’s a reason some fans call Jerry firing Jimmy even though those words didn’t come out of his mouth. I guess you can’t see that?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
at 77 he is even moer desparate. if he realized to stay out of it for 3 years, he would have a championship, but he cares more about Dallas Brand and having his name mentioned as the reason behind the success. his ego gets in the way. everytime...
I don’t know what it is. But it’s hard to argue or defend. Narcissist maybe. He just can’t let go. And we’re not gonna win until he does. You know I love the star what it represents. That doesn’t mean I’m a fan of the franchise right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He thinks he’s close . Meaning he actually thinks he has a championship team. That’s the only reason he’s making a change.

But he has to be careful bringing in a big name which would support it was all about the coaching.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dudes arguing over whether Jimmy was "fired" or not - it's 2020! :muttley:

When I see guys doing the "Jerry did not fire Jimmy" routine I immediately think Jerry Rationalist, trying to convince himself that the mastermind is still running the show.

Meanwhile, Jerry has won as many trophies in the 21st century as Jimmy, who has been sitting in a TV studio (or fishing) the entire time.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:laugh:no, I find your ignorance funny.
Ignorance is not understanding the fact or the point. If someone’s not understanding that Jerry was not firing Jimmy. It was mutual. So I’m not the one that Possibly ignorant look in the mirror