CFZ The root problem?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The root problem with this team? Sure we don’t have an “elite” QB. We don’t have the most innovative head coach, yada yada.
But my fellow fans

Since our last divisional playoff win, these are the coaches Jerry has anointed to lead us back to the promised land:
HEAD COACHES (6)
  • Chan Gailey
  • Dave Campo
  • Bill Parcells
  • Wade Phillips
  • Jason Garrett
  • Mike McCarthy
DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS (8)
  • Dave Campo
  • Mike Zimmer
  • Brian Stewart
  • Rob Ryan
  • Monte Kiffin
  • Rod Marinelli
  • Mike Nolan
  • Dan Quinn
OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS (8)
  • Jack Reilly
  • Bruce Coslet
  • Maurice Carthon
  • Jason Garrett
  • Bill Callahan
  • Scott Linehan
  • Kellen Moore
  • Brian Scottenheimer
GENERAL MANAGER (1)
  • Jerral Wayne Jones
Folks, without changes at the top of this organization and how it functions, hiring an innovative new head coach, acquiring a new “star” QB (which is extremely difficult for ANY organization) or hiring some hot shot coordinators are nothing more than a new coat of paint on the Titanic.

Without changes at the top, all we have is a desperate hope that a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Or Lady Luck feels sorry for us and we get lucky.

RS12

Reaction score
Too bad Dan Snyder didnt spill the dirt he had on Jerry on his way out the door. Might have been enough to end his ownership. My guess is all the owners decided to let Snyder keep the money he stole from them if he kept his mouth shut.

starfan1

Reaction score
The root problem with this team? Sure we don’t have an “elite” QB. We don’t have the most innovative head coach, yada yada.
But my fellow fans

Since our last divisional playoff win, these are the coaches Jerry has anointed to lead us back to the promised land:
HEAD COACHES (6)
  • Chan Gailey
  • Dave Campo
  • Bill Parcells
  • Wade Phillips
  • Jason Garrett
  • Mike McCarthy
  • Dave Campo
  • Mike Zimmer
  • Brian Stewart
  • Rob Ryan
  • Monte Kiffin
  • Rod Marinelli
  • Mike Nolan
  • Dan Quinn
  • Jack Reilly
  • Bruce Coslet
  • Maurice Carthon
  • Jason Garrett
  • Bill Callahan
  • Scott Linehan
  • Kellen Moore
  • Brian Scottenheimer
GENERAL MANAGER (1)
  • Jerral Wayne Jones
Folks, without changes at the top of this organization and how it functions, hiring an innovative new head coach, acquiring a new “star” QB (which is extremely difficult for ANY organization) or hiring some hot shot coordinators are nothing more than a new coat of paint on the Titanic.

Without changes at the top, all we have is a desperate hope that a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Or Lady Luck feels sorry for us and we get lucky.
nothing you said is off target. Its only game 5. Im hoping for the squirrel

Redline360

Reaction score
While debating about KM, Dak, MM, the defense and etc is fun on a daily basis it's all a meaningless in the end while Jerry still owns the team.

Unless Stephen has some type of epiphany years down the road and hires a true GM the fans should just get use to mediocrity.

Jerry only cares about one thing and that is money. He can say whatever he wants but he does not have the same goals as the fans.

If it wasnt for Jimmy helping build America's team and getting the money train rolling, Jerry would argurably go down as one of the worst owners ever.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s really amazing how so many thought that our coaching was the difference in how this team has been built and developed in these seasons since Garrett left.

But now after a crushing defeat in SF they are all scrapping what they have been arguing for the last 3 years. Lol

This forum gets worse and worse. OMG.. get some spine Cowboys fans.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That might be true OR Might not be , prove it!

that's all you talk about here is the ownership and it gets old after a while... You feel that it's 100% accurate if we hire a real GM that is allowed to hire a coach and they get a real quarterback in here we just fix this right away?? Or do we go through what Arizona is going through what they're going up maybe I'm gonna be their third GM third head coach and 3rd top quarterback?? We've seen The Jets in the Browns and probably 16 or 17 teams trying to do the very thing you think it's some kind of blueprint to start reading right away and they're not...

And by the way so many people in here were on board to bring in Sean Payton because they said he would be the answer the almighty Jesus give anything for him trade away everyone for him

kinda funny how that works huh he's over there blaming the old head coach in the social media and he goes to the team and absolutely lays an egg and loses to that very guy... Nobody sees many positive changes from Sean Payton as a savior maybe it'll take a few years but does he have a few years not the way people talk around here it's supposed to be instant just jumping in mix it up and boom you're back in the Super bowl..

Actually there's no data to support that at all there might be some outliers there might be a few people who did do and use that formula and turn their team around pretty quick but most of them don't...

Some point sometimes you have to blame the execution on the players or some of the coaches just a few of the pieces out of a ton of moving pieces on a true pure team game it only takes a few to mess it up.... We've seen all those games in the playoffs it wasn't any one guy but there were a few plays in each one of those games that I don't think had anything to do with ownership that messed those games up or we would already be in a championship game that's my opinion sometimes it's about the players or the coaches in the game plan but they've been changing those you think that there's some hotshot out there that can change it around hey why don't we just go get Chip Kelly or all the other failed guys we took from college that were supposed to be better and they have failed or what I mean what is the blueprint what are these names show me all the names that are available that you believe have 100% shot to come in here and do better than what's been going on here the last five or six years??

Let's stay in the last five or six years and not go all the way back to all these coaches you keep listening on all these threads this is a different era different games different players different coaches you keep saying same thing it's not the same thing...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To me nothing has changed . We are what I thought we were. Prob 3rd or 4th best team in NFC. Lions look like prob 3rd best.

But even if we have taken a step back from last year maybe we have fallen to 4th or 5th. Which is pretty much where we have been the last two seasons .

Some of us warned that we should take more notice on how other teams had improved more than we have but never had much chatter on how they had improved , only focused on us.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It is what it is. The odds of him getting lucky and winning anything are almost zero. ZERO.... get used to it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Blame the coaches all you want, they weren't on the field vs the 9ers getting spanked on National TV. The players were and they all sucked a fat one. I'm not blaming a guy who coached two 12 win seasons.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

that's all you talk about here is the ownership and it gets old after a while... You feel that it's 100% accurate if we hire a real GM that is allowed to hire a coach and they get a real quarterback in here we just fix this right away?? Or do we go through what Arizona is going through what they're going up maybe I'm gonna be their third GM third head coach and 3rd top quarterback?? We've seen The Jets in the Browns and probably 16 or 17 teams trying to do the very thing you think it's some kind of blueprint to start reading right away and they're not...

And by the way so many people in here were on board to bring in Sean Payton because they said he would be the answer the almighty Jesus give anything for him trade away everyone for him

kinda funny how that works huh he's over there blaming the old head coach in the social media and he goes to the team and absolutely lays an egg and loses to that very guy... Nobody sees many positive changes from Sean Payton as a savior maybe it'll take a few years but does he have a few years not the way people talk around here it's supposed to be instant just jumping in mix it up and boom you're back in the Super bowl..

Actually there's no data to support that at all there might be some outliers there might be a few people who did do and use that formula and turn their team around pretty quick but most of them don't...

Some point sometimes you have to blame the execution on the players or some of the coaches just a few of the pieces out of a ton of moving pieces on a true pure team game it only takes a few to mess it up.... We've seen all those games in the playoffs it wasn't any one guy but there were a few plays in each one of those games that I don't think had anything to do with ownership that messed those games up or we would already be in a championship game that's my opinion sometimes it's about the players or the coaches in the game plan but they've been changing those you think that there's some hotshot out there that can change it around hey why don't we just go get Chip Kelly or all the other failed guys we took from college that were supposed to be better and they have failed or what I mean what is the blueprint what are these names show me all the names that are available that you believe have 100% shot to come in here and do better than what's been going on here the last five or six years??

Let's stay in the last five or six years and not go all the way back to all these coaches you keep listening on all these threads this is a different era different games different players different coaches you keep saying same thing it's not the same thing...
Jerry thanks you for your support...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The root problem with this team?
giphy.gif

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But my fellow fans

HEAD COACHES (6)
  • Chan Gailey
  • Dave Campo
  • Bill Parcells
  • Wade Phillips
  • Jason Garrett
  • Mike McCarthy
  • Dave Campo
  • Mike Zimmer
  • Brian Stewart
  • Rob Ryan
  • Monte Kiffin
  • Rod Marinelli
  • Mike Nolan
  • Dan Quinn
  • Jack Reilly
  • Bruce Coslet
  • Maurice Carthon
  • Jason Garrett
  • Bill Callahan
  • Scott Linehan
  • Kellen Moore
  • Brian Scottenheimer
GENERAL MANAGER (1)
  • Jerral Wayne Jones

Spot on :bow:…..but be careful, you could be accused of not being a diehard fan for having that opinion…..;):thumbup:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m glad I’m not you.