CFZ The root problem?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m glad I’m not you.
Ditto i'm glad i'm not you guys here a bunch of debbie downers sky is falling know it all's who think they have all the answers and yet you've not been part of a professional football team no true knowledge of the inner workings of an NFL team or what really goes on with the Dallas cowboys at the star behind closed doors , you think you have all the answers, all this rhetoric and hyperbole is just supposed to be entertaining and some of us are not very entertained...that for sure. it becomes miserable and negatively amusing you all have these opinions you think are accurate. lmao they are not..

i think it's very amusing that you blame the qb even though we watch players fumble, can't block can't get open, cant run, coaches cant adjust, penalties D was atrocious., Monday its look look look we saw 3 INTs must be the qb, yet he was truly much to do with the last two losses.

starfan1

Reaction score
Of course there will be more wins. What's the outlook for January though?

While I agree with @Bobhaze , this has been said by many fans now over the last years. It's not actually news.
Outlook for January is well see when January comes. I’m not gonna spend unneeded energy on January in October

starfan1

Reaction score
naw, that's for the guys who go all rah, rah in every year. I tried to forget them and their dreams of championships again. smh
I guess im rah rah then cause until we are eliminated mathematically I’ll be engaged in sundays probably even if we’re not alive.

And when we’re not alive I’ll forget it and move on to the next thing

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The root problem with this team? Sure we don’t have an “elite” QB. We don’t have the most innovative head coach, yada yada.
But my fellow fans

Since our last divisional playoff win, these are the coaches Jerry has anointed to lead us back to the promised land:
HEAD COACHES (6)
  • Chan Gailey
  • Dave Campo
  • Bill Parcells
  • Wade Phillips
  • Jason Garrett
  • Mike McCarthy
DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS (8)
  • Dave Campo
  • Mike Zimmer
  • Brian Stewart
  • Rob Ryan
  • Monte Kiffin
  • Rod Marinelli
  • Mike Nolan
  • Dan Quinn
OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS (8)
  • Jack Reilly
  • Bruce Coslet
  • Maurice Carthon
  • Jason Garrett
  • Bill Callahan
  • Scott Linehan
  • Kellen Moore
  • Brian Scottenheimer
GENERAL MANAGER (1)
  • Jerral Wayne Jones
Folks, without changes at the top of this organization and how it functions, hiring an innovative new head coach, acquiring a new “star” QB (which is extremely difficult for ANY organization) or hiring some hot shot coordinators are nothing more than a new coat of paint on the Titanic.

Without changes at the top, all we have is a desperate hope that a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Or Lady Luck feels sorry for us and we get lucky.
^^^^ Blame Dak all you want but this is the problem. I will add to look closely at that list. Did any of those guys go on to greener pastures. Zimmer maybe. That’s it. Moore TBD. They either retired or got run out of the league. That is the most telling piece of information.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I guess im rah rah then cause until we are eliminated mathematically I’ll be engaged in sundays probably even if we’re not alive.

And when we’re not alive I’ll forget it and move on to the next thing
I watch them with no emotions. My wife asks me on occasion who I'm rooting for. lol I tell her, "I'm just watching"

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The season isn’t over. 12 games left. Lots can happen. But it’s hard not to feel like this organization is on a nearly three decade spin cycle.

To be clear, I’m a huge Cowboys fan which is exactly why I’m so tired of this GM and son. I will cheer every win we have the rest of the year and hope for the best. I just find it harder and harder to believe this train is somehow going to achieve greater heights than it has of late.

I really do hope I’m wrong.

Western

Reaction score
Bobhaze is exactly correct.

There needs to be a great awakening that Jerry deserves no football success for championships won in 92, 93, and 95.

Jerry has been a football failure -- no ifs, ands, or buts.

Jerry can never get out of the shadow of the great Jimmy Johnson.

In short, the Jerry fanboy club in the media, and in the public sphere need to be shamed.
For over 28 years, Jerry has been living off Jimmy's coattails and Jimmy's championship football success as the head coach/GM during Jimmy's tenure -- 1989 - 1993.

The Jerry fanboy club continually rewrites the narrative of Jerry's "success" by claiming a revisionist history of player acquisitions (like Jerry wanted Troy, drafted Emmitt, traded for Haley, etc., -- it is maddening and twisted logic), conflating Jerry the owner as the GM during Jimmy's tenure & blaming Jimmy's ego for departure.

Context matters.

The fact is when Jerry bought the team in 1989, Jimmy was contractual hired by Jerry to run all football operations -- player personnel department, scouting, hiring/firing coaching staff, and overseeing the complete drafting process.

By 1989, Jimmy had 25 years of experience in developing management operations, viable connections with collegiate, and professional football programs, and excelling in growing and maintaining solid football programs given his coaching expertise, with his successful stints at Louisiana Tech, Wichita State University, Iowa State University, University of Oklahoma, University of Arkansas, University of Pittsburgh, Oklahoma State University, and the University of Miami.

In 1989, Jimmy was a proven, reliable, endorsed, and accepted leader in the building, flourishing, orchestrating, and maintaining successful football programs, and talented football players.

In 1989, Jerry had zero experience in the management of a football organization -- Zero.

Jerry was simply an oilman wildcatter.

Jerry paid $140 million--$65 million for the team, and $75 million for Texas Stadium (he used $90 million of his own money, and borrowed the rest).

The Cowboys were losing money, and Jerry was heavily involved in reversing his, and the Cowboys' financial morass upon his purchase of the Cowboys.

Jerry managed the finances -- that is it.

From 1989 -- 1993, Jerry certainly did not have the knowledge, expertise, acumen, or the time devoted to the success of the football side of the Dallas Cowboys.

In private, Jerry deferred the football side of the Cowboys to Jimmy.

Jimmy realized the deficiency of the Cowboys roster, orchestrated the trades, hired and fired coaches/scouting department personnel, spearheaded the drafting process, and most important, coached the entire team.

Put it simple -- Jerry wanted credit, publicly & privately, for the success of Jimmy's football accomplishments (Jerry would publicly bladder to the media about Jimmy's trades, and player acquisitions of which he was not directly involved or coordinated -- Jerry openly wanted public attention, and excessive adulation).

Jerry gets credit for buying the Cowboys, and for hiring, yielding, and deferring to Jimmy as the full sole chief executive of the football operations of the Cowboys.

Jimmy left because Jerry, the owner was interfering, interjecting, intrusive, and meddling on the football operations, of which Jimmy had complete contractual control.

The workplace became intolerable, Jerry did not value Jimmy, and most relevant, Jimmy's contractual job tile, as GM/head coach, had been breached and violated by Jerry's increasing, expanding, and accelerating incursion into areas, and duties specifically contractually guaranteed solely for Jimmy.

Overall, Jerry has been living off Jimmy's coattails for over 30 years, propagandizing the media with his constant embellished bravado, & perpetual intentional misstatements of the facts during the years 1989 -- 1993, which in turn has created a false deceptive narrative, which the lazy, and pro-Jerry media, and certain fans buy hook, line, and sinker -- it is sad, pathetic, and juvenile.

The evidence of the above is indisputable given the empirical fact that Jerry has been a complete football failure (for over 27 years) even since Jimmy's football culture-creation evaporated from the organization.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I watch it with emotions . I yell at Dak or the coach or the d or the line on any given day or play but when it’s over so are the emotions
the garrett crap took emotions out of it. 10 years training an idiot. yep.....I'd hate for somebody to take advantage of jerrys training of garrett.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There needs to be a great awakening that Jerry deserves no football success for championships won in 92, 93, and 95.

In short, the Jerry fanboy club in the media, and in the public sphere need to be shamed.
For over 28 years, Jerry has been living off Jimmy's coattails and Jimmy's championship football success as the head coach/GM during Jimmy's tenure -- 1989 - 1993.

The Jerry fanboy club continually rewrites the narrative of Jerry's "success" by claiming a revisionist history of player acquisitions (like Jerry wanted Troy, drafted Emmitt, traded for Haley, etc., -- it is maddening and twisted logic), conflating Jerry the owner as the GM during Jimmy's tenure & blaming Jimmy's ego for departure.

Context matters.

The fact is when Jerry bought the team in 1989, Jimmy was contractual hired by Jerry to run all football operations -- player personnel department, scouting, hiring/firing coaching staff, and overseeing the complete drafting process.

By 1989, Jimmy had 25 years of experience in developing management operations, viable connections with collegiate, and professional football programs, and excelling in growing and maintaining solid football programs given his coaching expertise, with his successful stints at Louisiana Tech, Wichita State University, Iowa State University, University of Oklahoma, University of Arkansas, University of Pittsburgh, Oklahoma State University, and the University of Miami.

In 1989, Jimmy was a proven, reliable, endorsed, and accepted leader in the building, flourishing, orchestrating, and maintaining successful football programs, and talented football players.

In 1989, Jerry had zero experience in the management of a football organization -- Zero.

Jerry paid $140 million--$65 million for the team, and $75 million for Texas Stadium (he used $90 million of his own money, and borrowed the rest).

The Cowboys were losing money, and Jerry was heavily involved in reversing his, and the Cowboys' financial morass upon his purchase of the Cowboys.

From 1989 -- 1993, Jerry certainly did not have the knowledge, expertise, acumen, or the time devoted to the success of the football side of the Dallas Cowboys.

Jimmy realized the deficiency of the Cowboys roster, orchestrated the trades, hired and fired coaches/scouting department personnel, spearheaded the drafting process, and most important, coached the entire team.

Put it simple -- Jerry wanted credit, publicly & privately, for the success of Jimmy's football accomplishments (Jerry would publicly bladder to the media about Jimmy's trades, and player acquisitions of which he was not directly involved or coordinated -- Jerry openly wanted public attention, and excessive adulation).

Jerry gets credit for buying the Cowboys, and for hiring, yielding, and deferring to Jimmy as the full sole chief executive of the football operations of the Cowboys.

Jimmy left because Jerry, the owner was interfering, interjecting, intrusive, and meddling on the football operations, of which Jimmy had complete contractual control.

The workplace became intolerable, Jerry did not value Jimmy, and most relevant, Jimmy's contractual job tile, as GM/head coach, had been breached and violated by Jerry's increasing, expanding, and accelerating incursion into areas, and duties specifically contractually guaranteed solely for Jimmy.

Overall, Jerry has been living off Jimmy's coattails for over 30 years, propagandizing the media with his constant embellished bravado, & perpetual intentional misstatements of the facts during the years 1989 -- 1993, which in turn has created a false deceptive narrative, which the lazy, and pro-Jerry media, and certain fans buy hook, line, and sinker -- it is sad, pathetic, and juvenile.

The evidence of the above is indisputable given the empirical fact that Jerry has been a complete football failure (for over 27 years) even since Jimmy's football culture-creation evaporated from the organization.
Very well said. I would add that part of what makes this all so frustrating is that Jerry isn’t the worst GM out there. His hiring of Will McClay was a good move because it has enabled this organization to infuse good drafts to the talent pool.

BUT…talent alone is never enough. Theres the big “C” word that doesn’t get enough attention: CULTURE. Which is the atmosphere of accountability throughout the organization. The attitude of attention to detail and focus on winning more than anything else. A toughness that included mental and physical toughness.

We had great culture under Jimmy and Landry before that. We were getting closer to it with the Big Tuna. But the Jones boys don’t seem to realize that their meddling and micromanaging ways kills culture. Because the players know all they have to have is a contract to be valued here. With Landry and Jimmy, if you didnt bring winning habits and focus, you aren’t going to make it here. Those days are gone like the wind.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You’re right, Bob! The stench of mediocrity originates with Jerry. It’s depressing because there’s no relief in sight.
That's the real twist of the knife: that there is ZERO hope for the future as "Jones Jr" is just next in line.

Great now my morning is ruined. :angry: lol

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
You are a gold star poster but really this is a tired old trope. Our we hoping for Jones to step back and hire a g.m.? Has there ever been a hint that could happen? Would he hire someone or just appoint his son? Are we rooting for him to pass away? I'snt that what it boils down to? Rooting for an 80 year old to get feeble enough to finally move on or for him to die?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

Context matters.

:clap::clap::clap: