The Rose Bowl

SacredStar

Reaction score
bbgun;3773596 said:
UW just couldn't handle TCU's speed for most of the game. Blitz pickup sucked too. DBs playing 10 yards off the LOS didn't help, either.

That is it in a nutshell, add to that the missed fg by Wisconsin.

They just were not prepared and looked dazed and confused on defense.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Picksix;3773591 said:
I was talking about JJ Watt. No, I think Carimi is definitely gone in the first half of the first round. I have a feeling he'll have a good enough combine and pro day to move up some. Then, add the fact that he's an OT, and is deemed to be as "pro-ready" as any of the other OL in the draft, he could definitely go early.

If we're not in position to get one of the elite 5-6 defensive players in the 1st round, Jerry needs to do the right thing and just take the best OT on the board, whether that's the guy from Wisconsin or Purdue. If you want to trade down 4-5 spots if possible, fine. But still i'd be looking at the best OT on the board when we pick.

Then in Round 2, why not come back around and take an OG. Obviously if a no-brainer guy drops, you take him. Otherwise I'd be hoping to solidify my O-Line early in the draft.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Alright...casmith07's Cowboys big board now goes:

1. Peterson
2. Amukamara
3. Carimi

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
casmith07;3773765 said:
Alright...casmith07's Cowboys big board now goes:

1. Peterson
2. Amukamara
3. Carimi

Boo to Amukamara. Trade down.

Peterson is the only skill player I want over linemen.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
You know, as an IU fan I KINDA follow Big Ten football (though honestly, I don't watch much college football). But why do I feel like that if you were betting straight win/lose on a bowl game with a Big Ten team, the smart money would be picking them to lose? Just always seems that they do, though I know that probably isn't the case.

reddyuta

Reaction score
CATCH17;3773787 said:
Boo to Amukamara. Trade down.

Peterson is the only skill player I want over linemen.

i have been thinking about this and i tend to agree with you.we need to come away with a OT in the first 2 rds.Is amukamara so much above the 3rd or 4th ranked cb?.i wouldnt consider him if the answer is NO.trade down looks a great option to me if we miss Fairley or PP.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
reddyuta;3774049 said:
i have been thinking about this and i tend to agree with you.we need to come away with a OT in the first 2 rds.Is amukamara so much above the 3rd or 4th ranked cb?.i wouldnt consider him if the answer is NO.trade down looks a great option to me if we miss Fairley or PP.

If we miss Peterson I think I would target Carimi.

He's a day 1 starter.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
chip_gilkey;3773512 said:
:laugh2: Taken out of context that would have a very different meaning.

Man, you're sick, twisted and perverted...

I like that in a poster...

hendog

Reaction score
CATCH17;3774163 said:

He's a day 1 starter.

I might add Fairley to PP as well. I would take either if they were there but I would love to come away with Carimi.
Him on the left, Free on the rt. Free on the left, Carimi on the rt, however it played out would be fine with me. I agree he could start from day 1 at RT for us. I am very impressed with him.
He seemed to handle whoever TCU threw at him with ease and he pulled well. Good size, good strength and really good feet.

The Realist

Reaction score
Love Gabe Carimi.

He's my favorite OT in the draft far and away.

That way we have our tackles locked up for the next 8-10 years.

If Jerry hasn't taken OL in one in 20 years, I have a hard time seeing him do it top 10.

Although Chryst would give us a lot of product knowledge.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3774163 said:

He's a day 1 starter.

I target Sherrod

Doug Free played well at ROT last year in Columbo's absence and with the top LOT still on the board, why not have the flexibility of 2 athletic young bookends that are interchangeable? Sure makes game-day decisions of whittling down 53 to 45 easier, in the case of deciding on back-up OL in the case of injuries. This is a case where value equals need and is a fine pick by Dallas.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3774879 said:
I target Sherrod

Doug Free played well at ROT last year in Columbo's absence and with the top LOT still on the board, why not have the flexibility of 2 athletic young bookends that are interchangeable? Sure makes game-day decisions of whittling down 53 to 45 easier, in the case of deciding on back-up OL in the case of injuries. This is a case where value equals need and is a fine pick by Dallas.

JMO, Sherrod would have to play LT, doubtfull he has the power to play RT and I'm not convinced that Sherrod has more potential than Free at LT or even Sherrod would be a better LT than Carimi would be a RT (definately not on day 1)