The Rose Bowl

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Yep...TCU has ALL the momentum now. Wisconsin is getting shredded.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The mismatch was supposed to be Wisconsin's huge offense vs TCU's small defenders. Instead, it's TCU's quick offense vs Wisconsin's slow defense.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
SDogo;3773391 said:

Don't laugh at me.:p:

I've been in Mason, Texas, staying at my in-law's ranch, since Thursday. No cell phone or Internet access. I just now returned home, and had the opportunity to peruse the board.

Very interesting developments, to say the least.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Carimi would be a fantastic RT for us.

Dude is a mauler and could start from day 1.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
I've been adament about us taking JJ Watt if he's there in the 2nd for awhile. Not many people seemed like they would like the pick.

So far this game I can't see how anyone would have a problem with it. He is a big athletic end. With the hole we have at DE if Spears doesn't re-sign, Watt would be perfect.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
ninja;3773461 said:
I'm not wow-ed by Wisc only putting up 13 points in a half vs a suspect TCU defense. Sounds very Jason Garrett-ish.
:laugh2: at this.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Cover 2;3773545 said:
I've been adament about us taking JJ Watt if he's there in the 2nd for awhile. Not many people seemed like they would like the pick.

So far this game I can't see how anyone would have a problem with it. He is a big athletic end. With the hole we have at DE if Spears doesn't re-sign, Watt would be perfect.

Problem is he will be WAY gone by the 2nd round. I dont know anyone could be against taking a guy in Round 2 like him when he's likely to be gone mid round 1.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be nice if he slipped into the early/mid 2nd round.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wisconsin is still pounding the rock.. I love it.

No panicing.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
SDogo;3773555 said:
Problem is he will be WAY gone by the 2nd round. I dont know anyone could be against taking a guy in Round 2 like him when he's likely to be gone mid round 1.
Unfortunately you're probably right. From what I understand he's a little raw, so I was hoping that would push him down. I didn't see him last year, but this year he has looked really impressive. I could see him going late Round 1.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Picksix;3773562 said:
Yeah, it'd be nice if he slipped into the early/mid 2nd round.

Who? Carimi?

No way he sniffs round 2. This draft isn't deep enough and a lot of teams put OL at a premium unlike us.

newera

Reaction score
Not sure I like the shotgun in that situation. At least make them respect th threat of a power run. Oh well here comes the onside

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
CATCH17;3773567 said:
Who? Carimi?

No way he sniffs round 2. This draft isn't deep enough and a lot of teams put OL at a premium unlike us.
Only LT's are drafted that high. That and elite guard prospects like Mike Iupati. No way you can say that a guy that is looked at as strictly a right tackle won't make it to the 2nd. He may not go in the 2nd, but no one can say with certainty he won't be there when we pick with our 2nd round pick.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
newera;3773571 said:
Not sure I like the shotgun in that situation. At least make them respect th threat of a power run. Oh well here comes the onside

yeah I didnt either but the tight end was open but the pass got batted down.