The "Roughing the passer" rule will remain intact

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not really interested in discussing the specifics of the rule change. I’m not even saying I agree or not.

I’m arguing in support on the leagues behalf why they’re implementing the rule.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just got back from 18 days in Kenya, and was fortunate enough to witness a Lion kill.
Made me reflect a bit and analyze for some strange reason, what the Lion was doing and sacking a QB.
Lions have figured out how to drag their prey down by digging in with their claws and using their body weight to drop their prey.
Apparently the NFL brain trust outlaws even what nature has proven to be the safest kill.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What exactly are the players going to fight for that they’re willing to give up money for?
If I'm the players I'm going for guaranteed contracts, different system to suspend players, no weed drug testing, and player committee to join the competition committee about rule changes.

If im a player this is what I would give up. More time at work, more practices etc. Political stances on the field. Individual Social media accounts (no twitter, insta, snap).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If I'm the players I'm going for guaranteed contracts, different system to suspend players, no weed drug testing, and player committee to join the competition committee about rule changes.

If im a player this is what I would give up. More time at work, more practices etc. Political stances on the field. Individual Social media accounts (no twitter, insta, snap).
As a player how much of your salary or percentage are you going to give up?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
FOOTBALL IS BY DEFINITION A GAME PREDICATED ON EXCESSIVE FORCE.
Take that to the commish.. 20 yrs from now, fans will be sipping wine, eating cheese, and watching large men in diapers attempting a first down.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
and you believe fully guaranteed contracts is a negotiable subject the owners would agree to?
Then I would strike. Every other professional sports association in this country has guaranteed contracts. NFL has the weakest player's union by far who I would bet money on are bought by the league. Troy vincent is a clown who should be punched in his mouth.

jsb357

Reaction score
A GAME PREDICATED ON EXCESSIVE FORCE.

and it will be again...

all the "athletes" will be sitting on barcaloungers attached to a game console

and all the "fox style" robots will be out on the field entertaining the populace.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fans have never united against any issue that had any effects I’m aware of.

What action do you have plans for?

Sure, we’ll complain all the way to the bank like the football junkies we are.

I’m not talking about actively protesting, I’m talking about losing audience. The NFL has already experienced that to a degree, but it will get worse if their decisions don’t at least have two sides that fans can see.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then I would strike. Every other professional sports association in this country has guaranteed contracts. NFL has the weakest player's union by far who I would bet money on are bought by the league. Troy vincent is a clown who should be punched in his mouth.
Good luck with all that!

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Someone tell me how it's possible for players to tackle players at times without landing on top of them? They expected a defensive player running at full speed to be able to defy gravity and not land on top of the QB. :huh:

Imagine if this makes some afraid to sack/hit the QB because they're paranoid about getting a flag. Hurting the defensive side of the game. :facepalm:

CPanther95

Reaction score
For fully guaranteed contracts, 10-15%

That's pretty much what they already have. The part that's not guaranteed are the option years where the team has the option to keep them , or cut them. The guaranteed portion would be much smaller if there are no option years on the backend.

That's why some players get shorter term contracts that aren't as lucrative. They aren't willing to give teams option years, so they get less guaranteed money per year for fewer years.

The only problem is sometimes players don't honor the contracts they agreed to. They will agree to add option years to get a team to increase the amount of money they are offered during the guaranteed years, then once the player gets the guaranteed money they'll threaten to hold out to avoid honoring the option years.

Players are more than capable of demanding a fully guaranteed contract under the current CBA, they just don't want the smaller salary that it would yield.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
If I'm a quarterback,I going to start doing a flop every time a defensive player gets near me. "draw the charge, fall down"