Video: The run defense has been the weakest link on this team for 3 plus years

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
It’s pathetic that this front office still hasn’t addressed the biggest weakness on this team. Their pure out disrespect for the value of DTs has cost this team too many playoff wins. Why is lazy Stephen Jones not doing his job of improving the roster instead of chilling in his multi-million dollar yacht?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I will say old boy's beard is really ugly and he needs...
Someone to tell him?
Yeah. He needs someone to tell him.
That is some ugly stuff going on.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Hey bubba!
What's up?
You want me to talk about this?

I don't talk about Stephen A and sensationalistic journalism so why don't you give me the rundown and then we can engage in discourse.

Do you know how many rushing yards this defense gave up to Rams & 49ers in the playoffs?

Was it more than a 100 yards?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
probably because its a passing league and DC is telling the decision maker to use resources elsewhere that help the pass.

probably a pick your poison kind of situation that allows haters to choose which ever side the FO doesnt do.

exciter

Reaction score
Hey bubba!
What's up?
You want me to talk about this?

I don't talk about Stephen A and sensationalistic journalism so why don't you give me the rundown and then we can engage in discourse.
Lol, Sanders was 18 for 71 3.9 avg, Scott 6 for 16, 2.6 avg, Hurts 9 for 27, 3.0 avg.! But hey, keep making yourself look silly… it’s quite amusing!

darealvelle

Reaction score
We need to fix this issue with stopping the run or the good teams will beat us. Not good when free safeties have double digits in tackles because they play 15 yard off the line of scrimmage. LVE is garbage and we need to get a linebacker in the room ASAP!

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Lol it's actually an indictment for the offense.

Teams don't want to run if they can help it. They're terrified of our pass rushers and since we've had D-Law and Gregory. I guarantee you if we get up on opponents like our offense is meant to be this would be a thing. Our run defense isn't getting blown off the ball consistently, it's not a talent issue..it's simply an issue of them being antsy and wanting to rush the passer. Despite the Rams/49ers doing to us what they did to us in the playoffs if you get a stop and go up 7-0 and then go up 10-0 or 14-0 they would abandon the run.

Corso

Reaction score
Lol, Sanders was 18 for 71 3.9 avg, Scott 6 for 16, 2.6 avg, Hurts 9 for 27, 3.0 avg.! But hey, keep making yourself look silly… it’s quite amusing!
?????
I didn't talk about anything.
I just said Hi guy, what do you want to talk about?

Corso

Reaction score
Do you know how many rushing yards this defense gave up to Rams & 49ers in the playoffs?

Was it more than a 100 yards?
Okay. Yes. What about it?
You called upon me for some reason.
Was this it?

rambo2

Reaction score
It’s pathetic that this front office still hasn’t addressed the biggest weakness on this team. Their pure out disrespect for the value of DTs has cost this team too many playoff wins. Why is lazy Stephen Jones not doing his job of improving the roster instead of chilling in his multi-million dollar yacht?

If it is so bad, why were they able to stop the Eagles on the 1 yard line on the 2 point conversion?

kskboys

Reaction score
probably because its a passing league and DC is telling the decision maker to use resources elsewhere that help the pass.

probably a pick your poison kind of situation that allows haters to choose which ever side the FO doesnt do.
Yeah, and so we can keep losing in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny how it has escaped you that we keep losing due to this, but you chose to rag on others.

kskboys

Reaction score
If it is so bad, why were they able to stop the Eagles on the 1 yard line on the 2 point conversion?
You are trying to use one play to prove something? Man, that is just bad!!!!!!

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Yeah, and so we can keep losing in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny how it has escaped you that we keep losing due to this, but you chose to rag on others.

Show me the numbers. If you work for the Cowboys why are you hiding it.

I think they have a better idea of their needs and if there is a DT available in any particular year that makes sense for them value wise in any particular round.

Could be a couple of things such as DC saying allocate resources elsewhere on defense and not seeing value or needle movers in any round last few years.

But by all means choose a polarity and hate on making sense.

Bagman

Reaction score
I think the style of defense is nearly as guilty as the personnel. All the D Linemen seem to twist, stunt and rush upfield 100mph and get caught out of position. It results in them getting gashed. Maybe a 2 gap approach might solve some of the issues.