Video: The run defense has been the weakest link on this team for 3 plus years

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I think the style of defense is nearly as guilty as the personnel. All the D Linemen seem to twist, stunt and rush upfield 100mph and get caught out of position. It results in them getting gashed. Maybe a 2 gap approach might solve some of the issues.

Someone was mentioning in the game thread 2 or 3 games ago that the team we were playing was targeting the large hole Parsons was creating by just pushing his defender like 8 years behind the line of scrimmage while trying to rush. I dont know Micahs assignments and if he is supposed to just go get the qb if that gap is supposed to be someone elses responsibility...but it made sense at the time and it did seem like the team was targeting and baiting Parsons into creating a large gap by allowing the blocker to ride Parsons into a large gap.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I think the style of defense is nearly as guilty as the personnel. All the D Linemen seem to twist, stunt and rush upfield 100mph and get caught out of position. It results in them getting gashed. Maybe a 2 gap approach might solve some of the issues.
Your dog avi had me at hello.
Your post made me honestly respect your acumen.

Someone here sees what's going on.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It’s pathetic that this front office still hasn’t addressed the biggest weakness on this team. Their pure out disrespect for the value of DTs has cost this team too many playoff wins. Why is lazy Stephen Jones not doing his job of improving the roster instead of chilling in his multi-million dollar yacht?

Not been their strength for sure.
DQ is revamping the defense, sure he will address it.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Just seems like getting a run stuffing DT high in the draft last few years would allow polar negative haters to claim the Cowboys are stupid because its a passing league.

Which is it?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Was thinking of that this morning.

It doesn’t seem that our DTs are playing that terribly (although I could be wrong) but we are still getting killed on run defense.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Almost seems like these run stuffing DT guys are rare and you have to spend a high draft pick on one of them if you need a good one. And if its a passing league and you allocate resources elsewhere...it allows the haters to come in.

Which is it?

exciter

Reaction score
?????
I didn't talk about anything.
I just said Hi guy, what do you want to talk about?
Awe crap, didn’t scroll far enough back up… supposed to be response to initial post… just ignore!

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Send Quinn a copy of your complaint & don't toss this on the FO. He's getting paid mega bucks to fix this.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Same run defense that shut down the Rams? Quinn has worked wonders for this D.

It’s. One. Game.
Tampa - 152 yards
Cincy - 89
NY - 167
Wash - 142
LA - 38
Philly - 136

This AIN'T a one game thing...if teams can continue to run on this D, it will eventually render their Pass Rush ineffective. Teams won't throw as much

FanofJerry

Reaction score

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s pathetic that this front office still hasn’t addressed the biggest weakness on this team. Their pure out disrespect for the value of DTs has cost this team too many playoff wins. Why is lazy Stephen Jones not doing his job of improving the roster instead of chilling in his multi-million dollar yacht?

Starlite Lotulelei Jr. is not currently employed...